Hinchcliffe - the best player nobody wanted

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reading RLW and Hinchcliffe is quoted as saying:

'After the Country game finished about 11.30, I jumped in the car with my fiancee and drove back to Melbourne and didn't get there until 3am. We stayed at the airport and I had three hours sleep. Then I got up, had a massage and jumped on a plane to Brisbane. We are a very tight group here at Melbourne and we don't want to let each other down. The only way I wasn't going to play was if I had a serious injury, so I wasn't going to let a bit of soreness stop me.'

So glad he has re-signed. What a champion! And to think that Canberra didn't want him and he only got a start with Country through injury to Ennis. Glad Bellamy isn't stupid and saw his true value.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed.

I followed his career closely at Canberra during 2008. He caught my eye as a very dependable player who gave 100% all of the time.

I thought...how good could this guy be at Storm ??

Any then he signed for Storm. I was stoked ! I love the guy.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thats a great attitude, what a champion.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It never ceases to amaze me how clueless RL journo's are. This from the mole in same publication:

"Look for the Roosters to make a play for man of the moment Ryan Hinchcliffe. The versatile Hinchcliffe starred for Country against City and is seen as an origin bolter. With Anthony Watts almost certain to be punted by the Roosters they're believed to be circling the Storm star"

I couldn't help but fire off an email to the mole just reminding him Hinchy re-signed an extension until the end of 2014 because i honestly don't think he knew. I mean i know sometimes clubs lure players before their contract expires with the consent of all parties involved but have you ever heard of a club trying to lure a player away after signing his contract only a month ago?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how clueless RL journo's are. This from the mole in same publication:

"Look for the Roosters to make a play for man of the moment Ryan Hinchcliffe. The versatile Hinchcliffe starred for Country against City and is seen as an origin bolter. With Anthony Watts almost certain to be punted by the Roosters they're believed to be circling the Storm star"

I couldn't help but fire off an email to the mole just reminding him Hinchy re-signed an extension until the end of 2014 because i honestly don't think he knew. I mean i know sometimes clubs lure players before their contract expires with the consent of all parties involved but have you ever heard of a club trying to lure a player away after signing his contract only a month ago?
What a muppet.

From what we know...Hinchy LOVES Storm.....Hinchy LOVES Melbourne...Storm loves Hinchy...Bellyache LOVES Hinchy...the players LOVE Hinchy...its a real love in.

And I reckon the only way Hinchy would EVER leave Storm is with fingernail marks in the concrete pavement outside AAMI Park
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i tweeted the mole and got the responce that contracts mean nothing

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:i tweeted the mole and got the responce that contracts mean nothing

whats your reply? any muppet can get a reporters job these days by the looks of it?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Love these comments about the 'Mole',(who many have alleged is actually the editor ?)
The RLW Mole: Less credible than Rebecca Wilson!

RLW's mole - Give yourself an uppercut!

This guy has serious problems.
The 1st three pieces in this weeks RLW all have some sort of sexual innuendo to them.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sounds like the lunacy of Danny Wiedler, that guy is a league jorno, but im positive that he hates the game.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:i tweeted the mole and got the responce that contracts mean nothing
lol not surprising he'd come back with a piss poor run of the mill response like that but fact is that contracts mean everything if the employer wants to inforce them. They only mean nothing when all parties are happy to break them and given how much the club values Hinchy and vice versa, everybody except for that dickhead knows that there's no way in hell both both sides would renege after the ink has just dried. I honestly either don't think he knew he re-signed when he wrote it or just plain forgot :lol:
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:

whats your reply? any muppet can get a reporters job these days by the looks of it?
so do journalism degrees apparently -would of been my responce.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so do journalism degrees apparently -would of been my responce.
The Daily Telegraph gives them away free to anyone who can sit down and read their paper twice in the same month. He did it four times (needed help with some of the bigger words - good thing there were a couple of primary school children nearby) and so got made editor. Lets all give him a big clap!