Broncos thread & Line-up (May include Spoilers)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brewer
Squall
Squall

1999 wrote:PLAYER RATINGS vs BRONCOS

Slater 7/10 - Afew uncharacteristic errors but was still dangerous and did have to back up.
Quinn 4/10 - When's O'neill due back?? Tries hard but is just past it as a winger i believe, too short and slow.
Nielsen 7/10 - Another solid night, great defence and afew jinking runs, also got a meat pie.
M. Blair 5/10 - Was unsighted bar one good run, 6 touches all game and was VERY ordinary defensively. (Reed try)
Waqa 6/10 - Tried hard but looked unfit and struggled with the pace of the game, got a try though.
Widdop 7/10 - Was dangerous when taking on traffic, getting better in defence and was solid all round again.
Cronk 9/10 - Was fantastic besides afew fatigue related errors, pulled the strings all night and what a FG!!!
Norrie 10/10 - MOTM for me, wow just going to another level lately bravo Bryan!
Smith 9/10 - I would marry this man if i could, without a shadow of a doubt a future immortal, 100+ tackles in 24 hours.
Bromwich 7/10 - Solid, looks like a seasoned pro ATM and is a future star, has no fear.
Blair 8/10 - Backed up and left nothing in the tank, alot of guts and heart. Fantastic game Adam!
Proctor 6/10 - 3 stupid penalties and not enough runs Proc! Great defensively and nice pass to Blair though.
Kostjasyn 7/10 - My pick of the late call ups, looks the goods around the middle of the field, too similar to Hinchy.
Hinchcliffe 7/10 - Tireless, to do what he did even to get on the field, wow!
Woolnough 8/10 - Excellent impact Wooly, bargain buy of the season, looks better than 400k props ATM.
Lowe 8/10 - Been critical of Jaiman but he was exceptional in limited minutes, his best effort in storm colours.
Vea 6/10 - Very limited minutes, would love to see him get 60+ he looks pretty good in patches.
cant argue, tho i would probably have been less kind to quinn. he had a poor game. cant wait for oneill to return
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

Very good effort by the boys,still giving too many penalties awawy,especially holding down usually after 2 or 3 tackles then they are back under pressure again,wasting of unecessary energy (under 13's stuff) .
Yes all the teams do it but i am not interested in all the teams JUST ONE & i hate to see energy wasted.

he not she. :fla_england: :fla_england: :fla_england:
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

interestingly.. i watched this clip about Maurice Blair, might have been a press conference, Bellamy was saying that
he was actually going to play Maurice Blair in front of Widdop at 5/8, as he was ahead of Widdop at the time, but Blair got injured thus Widdop played the first game at 5/8.

I reckon this will be another story of yet another guy who will shine at Melbourne.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

5/10 for M. Blair was a fraction harsh, I thought he was reasonably solid. He wasn't the only one to miss Reed on that run (in fact there were many).

I think he did enough to keep the spot while Champion is injured. If this happens he will play his 50th game on Saturday after sitting on 48 games for 2 years.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Maurice. Let's hope he grabs that Centre spot with both hands and makes it very hard for Champion to get back in the team
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Waqa was a bit soft defensively.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa Waqa looks like one of the Spartans from 300 which was referred to in the article about Melbourne Storm over the weekend.

He is absolutely chiselled.

Let's hope he tightens up defensively cos he looked like he belonged out there and seemed confident.

He's got a rocket of a pass on him.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:Sisa Waqa looks like one of the Spartans from 300 which was referred to in the article about Melbourne Storm over the weekend.

Let's hope he tightens up defensively cos he looked like he belonged out there and seemed confident.

welcome to the waqa fan club. As our second ever member i am appointing you the Vice President in charge of Waqa related affairs.

on another note, im so glad i didnt see anything past half time, i would have died watching that! close games like that have aged me!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:Sisa Waqa looks like one of the Spartans from 300 which was referred to in the article about Melbourne Storm over the weekend.

welcome to the waqa fan club. As our second ever member i am appointing you the Vice President in charge of Waqa related affairs.

on another note, im so glad i didnt see anything past half time, i would have died watching that! close games like that have aged me!

Nacho....

I am honored to accept your appointmernt of me as your VP for Waqa Related Affairs (WRA).

I will respectfully fulfil my duties as VP with all of the care and attention demanded of such as lofty position of responsibility.

I think that Bula should also be an official member as he is related to Sisa Waqa (IIRC).

On Satdy nights effort.....and with even more improvment....I would be very happy to see Sisa keep Araldite out of the team permanently.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id much prefer Champion over Blair, Champ is a quality player, but Blairs an alright back up.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
nacho wrote:

Nacho....

I am honored to accept your appointmernt of me as your VP for Waqa Related Affairs (WRA).

I will respectfully fulfil my duties as VP with all of the care and attention demanded of such as lofty position of responsibility.

I think that Bula should also be an official member as he is related to Sisa Waqa (IIRC).

On Satdy nights effort.....and with even more improvment....I would be very happy to see Sisa keep Araldite out of the team permanently.
What a pair of Waqas :lol:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

simo wrote:Id much prefer Champion over Blair, Champ is a quality player, but Blairs an alright back up.
Duffie, Waqa, Neilsen, O'Neill (when fit)

Jeez...you'd have your heart in your mouth for some of the game...but if it came off, they'd put half a dozen on the opposition before you could blink
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id have Champion before Waqa and Blair.
chrismeister
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Don't shout too hard about Norrie we need all hands on deck during origin. We don't want NSW picking him

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

[ Post made via iPod ] Image