round 8 team .

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

1. Billy Slater
2. Anthony quinn !
3. Dane Neilson
4. Beau champion
5. Matt Duffie
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Copper cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron smith
10. Bryan norrie
11. Adam blair
12. Kevin proctor
13. Todd lowries
Interchange:
14. Hinchy
15. Atelea vea
16. Adam woolnough
17. Jaiman lowe

Now the only change that I think should be done is quinn. I think he should be dropped for Oneil or Niko which was in the dressing rooms last night ?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Niko
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

That's crap. Champion should be out - Niko in (for the rest of the season!)
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

champion and quinn are lucky, but i wouldnt rule out late changes
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

I'd have O'Neill in this week's game. Quinny just made to many errors last night, Duffie wasn't great either, but he's only a young lad and he'll learn over time. Same with Champion last night, was a touch to indecisive. Think Cronk's kicking last night was average at best, why didn't Cam kick more last night?? Seymour and Maloney were real good in the kicking department last night, much more effective kicks than us.

Ah well, there is always next round I suppose, shame that the crowd didn't get to see a win last night, but we will still get a healthy crowd for Saturday's game v Knights.
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

StormSergeant wrote: but we will still get a healthy crowd for Saturday's game v Knights.
I doubt if we will get anyone there on Saturday
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Neilson is the lucky one. He dropped the ball twice when when had the roll on and he missed a lot of tackles. But htis will not be the team that takes the field. This is a team named because the NRL says you have to name a team on Tuesday.

I think O'Neil or Niko will play. I would like to see a big forward play too. We just have to find one who is fit.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I doubt if we will get anyone there on Saturday

Are you serious? I know we lost and that was bad, but is was a great game of rugby league to watch. Did you see the Gold Coast v Parramatta on Sunday, that was an ugly game to watch. Monday night's game was a great game compared to that one.

Go watch the replay.
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

glennb wrote:I doubt if we will get anyone there on Saturday

Are you serious? I know we lost and that was bad, but is was a great game of rugby league to watch. Did you see the Gold Coast v Parramatta on Sunday, that was an ugly game to watch. Monday night's game was a great game compared to that one.

Go watch the replay.
Spot on glennb! That Parra game was torture! Even though we lost last night, we will still an extra thousand or so to the next game, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no AFL games at the MCG for the next couple weeks, so we could automatically get a few extra fans coming along to the games.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

GlennB you're right about Neilson. He made some fundamental mistakes, which proved very costly last night. He also made a couple of mistakes the past couple of weeks when the rest of the boys have been able to carry him well.
Personally id like to see Quinney play centre, with O'Neil outside of him. And keep Duffy playing out wide of Champion.
Justin's outstanding under the high ball. His prescence could help Quinn's only weakness. Quinn could also offer O'Neil the toughness, maturity and experience he lacks.
I'd also love to see the likes of Niko, Waqa, Maori and Blair in our team. But obviously our coaching staff don't believe they're ready yet??
As for forwards. I do believe we're scraping the bottom of the barrel whilst Thomson & Manu are injured. Kite is out for the season and I believe Johnson is injured too?? Let's just hope we don't suffer any more injuries in our front row.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Daveyy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Go Storm wrote:I'd also love to see the likes of Niko, Waqa, Maori and Blair in our team. But obviously our coaching staff don't believe they're ready yet??
those players will get a run in origin week and maybe international week when our top players are out
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Daveyy wrote:
Go Storm wrote:I'd also love to see the likes of Niko, Waqa, Maori and Blair in our team. But obviously our coaching staff don't believe they're ready yet??
those players will get a run in origin week and maybe international week when our top players are out

wont the boys back up? they have every other time haven't they?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yes, they do usually back up but, this time we're playing the next day so we'll see
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:yes, they do usually back up but, this time we're playing the next day so we'll see
Hopefully they'll be ok. I've actually heard the likes of Cam and Locky say it's easier to back up the next night than it is a couple of days later because then the stiff and soreness really takes hold of your body.

Our reps will no doubt be Smith, Slater, Coops and Blair. Duffie and Proctor would be maybe's.
God i hope we don't have any injuries. I hate mid-season rep footy [-o<
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope the short turn around won't hurt us this week, especially after playing the Warriors. Not that long ago there was a stat floating around that the team who played the Warriors the previous week normally lost.

Good test for the boys this week against the Knights who are in great form and with a few extra days rest.