Champion to Titans for 2 years...almost official

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Johns
Squall
Squall

On 9's Gold Coast news they said Beau has signed with the Titans for 2 years amd it will be announced on Friday.

Pretty disappointing. Especially since he said he wanted to leave because he misses SYDNEY.

As a newbie at the club I don't feel a whole lot of loyalty to him and would be more than happy to see O'Neill take his spot for the rest of the year...will probably have to wait for an injury to strike for that to occur though.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tbh....if he wants to be in Qld that badly..he can go and play with East for the rest of the year.

Give his spot to someone who is totally committed to making Storm great again.

Very disappointing particualrly as the Club were "reportedly" trying to make lifestyle changes that would help him settle down in Melbourne
Johns
Squall
Squall

We have Justin O'Neill, a star of the future who was offered big money at other club's at the end of last year but stayed loyal to us and re-signed here for less, playing reserves.

Meanwhile Champion, who isn't THAT good, came here because he was forced to, bumped up his value a bit, and left for "greener pastures" the first chance he got.

This really doesn't sit well with me...fair enough if he wants to go, but the club shouldn't do him any favours, especially at the expense of a future star.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i like the easts idea! i dont think he is performing that well anyway! but im happy he is leaving because it frees up salary cap space and we didnt need anymore backs in our squad.

inglis wanted to go to qld and ends up in sydney, and beau wants to go back to sydney and ends up in qld.....
Johns
Squall
Squall

storming wrote:i like the easts idea! i dont think he is performing that well anyway! but im happy he is leaving because it frees up salary cap space and we didnt need anymore backs in our squad.

inglis wanted to go to qld and ends up in sydney, and beau wants to go back to sydney and ends up in qld.....
Haha, Greg kicked Beau out of Sydney because Beau isn't half the player he is!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

always thought it was an interim deal so the GI thing could happen -couldn't buy into the guy for that reason
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

There was an article in one of the Sunday papers which intrigued me.

It basically said that Champion missed his family in Sydney so he was considering an offer from the Gold Coast. ???
Go figure.
The centre, who moved from South Sydney at the start of the season to allow the Rabbitohs to fit Greg Inglis into their salary cap, is struggling to adapt to life away from Sydney.

"From a football side of things life couldn't be better, the club is a fantastic one, the professionalism and the coaching are the best I have experienced, but being away from my family is making life hard for me," Champion told AAP
Melbourne life a struggle for Champion
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:There was an article in one of the Sunday papers which intrigued me.

It basically said that Champion missed his family in Sydney so he was considering an offer from the Gold Coast. ???
Go figure.
The centre, who moved from South Sydney at the start of the season to allow the Rabbitohs to fit Greg Inglis into their salary cap, is struggling to adapt to life away from Sydney.

"From a football side of things life couldn't be better, the club is a fantastic one, the professionalism and the coaching are the best I have experienced, but being away from my family is making life hard for me," Champion told AAP
Melbourne life a struggle for Champion

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....so the friggen CLOWN :joker: gives up the best coaching he has ever had and the best set of inspirational team mates that he is ever going to play with and the worlds most liveable city...so he can have a few cans with his cousin and his cousin's mates.

Nice one Beau.

I have no doubt that this is where your career will end up if you leave Storm :pottytrain5:
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Shame, i would have liked to see him stay another two years.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can't blame the guy - I think the situation was kinda forced on him. Not everyone gets what Storm / Melbourne is about & face it, other things mean more to other people. can't blame the guy for that surely....
Expect to see a few comings & goings over the next couple of years if the pundits are proved correct - but you know how the saying goes - the cream floats to the top!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Esi Tonga will look good in purple ;)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote:I can't blame the guy - I think the situation was kinda forced on him. Not everyone gets what Storm / Melbourne is about & face it, other things mean more to other people. can't blame the guy for that surely....
Expect to see a few comings & goings over the next couple of years if the pundits are proved correct - but you know how the saying goes - the cream floats to the top!

Beau is the one on the record who said that the Club is the most professional set up he has been involved with and the coaching is the best he has experienced and playing with Billy, Coops and Cam has been amazing for his game.

I get the fact that other things may be improtant to him, but when you are a professional footballer, SURELY it is an easy choice to play with the best and be coached by the best at the expense of being round a few mates and family for a couple of years.

After all, he is in his early 20's ...he's not 13.
Johns
Squall
Squall

I don't have a problem with what he's done...but I don't feel any loyalty towards him.

And as I said, if he now holds O'Neill back it won't sit right with me. That's my issue.

No doubt he will though.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

DISAPPOINTED :'(
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I bet he eventually ends up at Souths :-D