Champion to Titans for 2 years...almost official

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think he's been brilliant for us in the couple of games he's played, and without training with the team or playing trials. It would be a tremendous shame to lose him. Hopefully he chooses to stay.
I did read an article the other day saying he's waiting for his girlfriend to come to Melbourne so they can properly check the place out. He's also interested in the lifestyle the GC has to offer. They may find that they love it here. Many Aussies have a negative image of Melbourne until they actually come here and find it truly is the most livable place in the country.
Until i hear the official signing news i'm not buying into this at all. But i must say i'm dissapointed with some of the comments on this forum. Let's hope he's not a member or else you'd have made his mind up for him already.
Even if he does go to Sydney or Gold Coast he still has the 2011 season with us and we should embrace that as he's been terrific for us so far.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:I think he's been brilliant for us in the couple of games he's played, and without training with the team or playing trials. It would be a tremendous shame to lose him. Hopefully he chooses to stay.
I did read an article the other day saying he's waiting for his girlfriend to come to Melbourne so they can properly check the place out. He's also interested in the lifestyle the GC has to offer. They may find that they love it here. Many Aussies have a negative image of Melbourne until they actually come here and find it truly is the most livable place in the country.
Until i hear the official signing news i'm not buying into this at all. But i must say i'm dissapointed with some of the comments on this forum. Let's hope he's not a member or else you'd have made his mind up for him already.
Even if he does go to Sydney or Gold Coast he still has the 2011 season with us and we should embrace that as he's been terrific for us so far.

We can only hope and pray that he is a member of the Bai Stand and has read the posts in this topic becuase he might finally relaise that he is pissing away his career leaving Storm and blowing the best chance he had as a professional footballer (yes that is his chosen career) of playing with the best and being coached with the best.

If you don't beleive me then read Finchy's article. He should know.

Reckons Melbourne Storm was the BEST club he'd been involved with or seen.

Maybe Matt Duffie should give Finchy's mobile number to Beau so he can shake him out of the ridiculous notion that he needs to have a high roller social scene going on around him in order to be a champion footballer (no pun intended !)
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:There was an article in one of the Sunday papers which intrigued me.

It basically said that Champion missed his family in Sydney so he was considering an offer from the Gold Coast. ???
Go figure.
The centre, who moved from South Sydney at the start of the season to allow the Rabbitohs to fit Greg Inglis into their salary cap, is struggling to adapt to life away from Sydney.

"From a football side of things life couldn't be better, the club is a fantastic one, the professionalism and the coaching are the best I have experienced, but being away from my family is making life hard for me," Champion told AAP
Melbourne life a struggle for Champion

I think alot of his family are around the Ballina region.

and meh, was always a one year deal.
Storm Spirit wrote:
TC wrote:There was an article in one of the Sunday papers which intrigued me.

It basically said that Champion missed his family in Sydney so he was considering an offer from the Gold Coast. ???
Go figure.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....so the friggen CLOWN :joker: gives up the best coaching he has ever had and the best set of inspirational team mates that he is ever going to play with and the worlds most liveable city...so he can have a few cans with his cousin and his cousin's mates.

:
Pull your head in SS.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No. Why should I.

I have an opinion just like you.

I am not being defamatory or abusive.

Just calling it like it is.

It is my opinion that if Champion leaves he will regret that decision for the rest of his life when he looks back.

I think that you know what I am saying is correct.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:No. Why should I.

I have an opinion just like you.

I am not being defamatory or abusive.

Just calling it like it is.

It is my opinion that if Champion leaves he will regret that decision for the rest of his life when he looks back.

I think that you know what I am saying is correct.
Straight over your head ay.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

At the end of the day, if Champion is not adjusting to the Storm's inner sanctum then its best for everyone that he leave.

For all we know, he may be being urged to look around, not because of his concerns, but perhaps that of the coaching staff? We just don't know because we rely on the media and the rubbish that the players agents put out there to maximise their client's next contract value.

I've been happy with his form and sure, he's missed the odd tackle here or there but he's earnt his starting spot over O'Neil. If his form continues to hold up, I'm perfectly happy to see him stay in the backline. Our priority is to win games, and field the best players possible. If he's in the top 17 then thats all I care about. I don't want us to sacrifice wins just for us to build potential for the following season. We need to focus on 2011, not 2012 onwards.

This is not the same as Joseph Tomane's situation. Not yet anyway. He signed with the Titans, and his form went downhill. Bellamy had no choice but to replace him with the more solid Danger, who never looked back.

Until Champion (a) announces he's leaving ship and (b) his form drops then we can rely on Bellamy to do what he does best.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote:At the end of the day, if Champion is not adjusting to the Storm's inner sanctum then its best for everyone that he leave.

For all we know, he may be being urged to look around, not because of his concerns, but perhaps that of the coaching staff? We just don't know because we rely on the media and the rubbish that the players agents put out there to maximise their client's next contract value.

I've been happy with his form and sure, he's missed the odd tackle here or there but he's earnt his starting spot over O'Neil. If his form continues to hold up, I'm perfectly happy to see him stay in the backline. Our priority is to win games, and field the best players possible. If he's in the top 17 then thats all I care about. I don't want us to sacrifice wins just for us to build potential for the following season. We need to focus on 2011, not 2012 onwards.

This is not the same as Joseph Tomane's situation. Not yet anyway. He signed with the Titans, and his form went downhill. Bellamy had no choice but to replace him with the more solid Danger, who never looked back.

Until Champion (a) announces he's leaving ship and (b) his form drops then we can rely on Bellamy to do what he does best.
This.

I am just disappointed he is leaving.

He could have been a really good player for Storm.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Maurice Blair can play centre although he plays 5/8th he has been playing ok in the NSW Cup give him a go.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

no point staying here if he's not gunna be enjoying himself, it happens from time to time with players, he may end up loving it.. who knows.

I read somewhere that he hangs around the young guys as the senior players spend most of their time with families, sounds like the poor dude has got no friends..
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i have this sudden feeling he will stay....not sure why

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

[quote="Michael :P"]
I think alot of his family are around the Ballina region.

So? Ballina's as far north of Sydney as Sydney is of Melbourne. He didn't 'just drop round' to these people's place on a Saturday night when he was at the Bunnies, why is it now so important?

If his missus missed her Mum in Sydney, I could understand that, but this just sounds like he's chasing the dollars and trying to find a good excuse.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Meh. If he wants to go, he wants to go.
Hopefully it frees up some cap space to keep Widdop.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote:
Michael :P wrote: I think alot of his family are around the Ballina region.

So? Ballina's as far north of Sydney as Sydney is of Melbourne. He didn't 'just drop round' to these people's place on a Saturday night when he was at the Bunnies, why is it now so important?

If his missus missed her Mum in Sydney, I could understand that, but this just sounds like he's chasing the dollars and trying to find a good excuse.
Well he is apparently related to G.I. isn't he... ;)
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Michael :P wrote: I think alot of his family are around the Ballina region.

Mate your the one who queried him having family up there, I was just pointing out the fact.

And how the lima lima lima duck do you know what he got up to in Sydney :lol:

He was always going to be a 1 year loan, who cares why he's going and how much money he's getting
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

apparently the broncos are having a big player announcment today....i wouldnt be surprized if it was beau

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image