Widdop - we must sign him NOW!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This guy is all class and is carving teams up.

This is our number one priority signing!!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Calm down...I think that the Club is already onto this one.

The club, his team mates and the members/supporters all want him to re-sign...now all it will take is Gareth Widdop wanting to re-sign.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

heraldsun1 wrote:This guy is all class and is carving teams up.

This is our number one priority signing!!!
Geez thanks Einstein, without that insightful info i'm sure the club would've let him slip through our fingers ::)
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i have heard that the club have started talking with his management, and i haven;t heard of widdop ever wanting to leave the club, so heres hoping it just a matter of settling the appropriate $$ amount
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I liked his interview at the end of the game today. Seems like a really down to earth kinda dude. Really well spoken.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I loved the fact that he mentioned that the game was being broadcast live into Melbourne for the fans. How good was that!

He had an awesome game and I hope he signs asap.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hell yeah!! I will be devo is he doesn't. Come on Gareth, please put pen to paper with Storm now!!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's grown up in Melbourne. His parents live here, he went to school here and played for Altona Roosters. I think he will be the easiest re-signing in Melbourne's history. At least it's not like he's homesick or anything.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Melbourne_belle
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Go Storm wrote:He's grown up in Melbourne. His parents live here, he went to school here and played for Altona Roosters. I think he will be the easiest re-signing in Melbourne's history. At least it's not like he's homesick or anything.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Pretty sure his parents are still up in Perth, but what will help keep him here is that his future wifey is a melbourne girl and her family are here and they are pretty settled here with their baby.
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I liked his interview at the end of the game today. Seems like a really down to earth kinda dude. Really well spoken.
Of course he's well spoken he's from the mighty Halifax :-D

Great season so far Gaz. Hope you put pen to paper with the Storm real soon.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote:I liked his interview at the end of the game today. Seems like a really down to earth kinda dude. Really well spoken.
Andrew Voss remarked that his Mum & Dad would be very proud of him. I happened to be sitting several metres away from Mrs Widdop when he said that. The look on her face will live with me for a while. She was so happy she had tears welling in her eyes.

Awesome stuff!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

JF_Storm_Swans wrote:
absentee wrote:I liked his interview at the end of the game today. Seems like a really down to earth kinda dude. Really well spoken.
Andrew Voss remarked that his Mum & Dad would be very proud of him. I happened to be sitting several metres away from Mrs Widdop when he said that. The look on her face will live with me for a while. She was so happy she had tears welling in her eyes.

Awesome stuff!

Was that in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth because there appears to be some conjecture here about where they actually reside and what impact that may have on Gareth's decisions to stay or not stay with the Storm
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

from what ive heard recently gareths parents are either not together anymore or they live seperate lives anyway this much i do know
his dad lives in perth with gaz sister and gareth mum live in melbourne

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Get Finchy to give him a call :-D
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he'll stay, Id expect him to stay. I also expect a club to put a massive offer to him and test his resolve.