chase stanley to dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

don't no how to copy nd paste the article on my phone , but I read that stanley might be heading back to the dragons to reunite with his brother? Kyle has made a plea that he will try nd get him back to play alongside him..
We seem to be loosing a lot of our backs : champion to titans , quinn most likely won't be here next yr , now stanley may be off to the dragons ..

So who will fill in next year? We have : oneil, niko , sisa waqa , who else? We should have a fair bit of money left over with blair, champion , quinn , stanley Most likely going.

Backline:
1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Neilson
4. Oneil
5. Niko/ waqa

????

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Duffie, Neilson and Oneil is enough talent to keep a strong backline,
you can fill the other positions in with lesser players,

Beau, now Chase, id like to think its Melbourne telling these guys to shop around to free up some cap to keep Blair!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i wont be upset if Chase goes cause i dont think he has ever been happy in melbourne
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY PLAYER WANTING OUT OF MELBOURNE AND STORM ??

I'VE HAD ENOUGHT OF THIS.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY WANT TO BE AT THIS GREAT CLUB AND IN THIS GREAT CITY PLAYING LEAGUE (apart from cam, coops, bill, ryan, kevvie, bryan, dane, sika, justin and a few others of course)
Melbourne_belle
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote:i wont be upset if Chase goes cause i dont think he has ever been happy in melbourne
His missus and son still live in Syd, so I don't think Melbourne has ever been a long term plan.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thats what i ment about his family
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY PLAYER WANTING OUT OF MELBOURNE AND STORM ??

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY WANT TO BE AT THIS GREAT CLUB AND IN THIS GREAT CITY PLAYING LEAGUE (apart from cam, coops, bill, ryan, kevvie, bryan, dane, sika, justin and a few others of course)
It's only (suppopsedly) Champion that wants to move on. Nothing has been said about Chase wanting out except a rumour, besides we don't even know if the club had any intentions of offering him a new deal anyway. It looks like Blair is moving on but given what he's been offered you can't blame him one bit and i'm sure he would've stayed in a heartbeat if we could've offered him anywhere near that. I've said all along here that i very confident Duffie won't be going anywhere, i'll look silly if that one doesn't come true lol but i'll stick by it all the same.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey is what Hughzy,s talking about i thought had read the article but i guess not

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/ ... 33257.aspx
Dragons consider Stanley brothers’ reunion
BY MICHAEL CARAYANNIS
14 Apr, 2011 04:00 AM
KYLE Stanley has made an impassioned plea to bring his older brother Chase home as the Dragons explore the option of reuniting the Stanley brothers in the NRL.
With Kyle having secured his future at the club for three more seasons, St George Illawarra are looking at bringing Chase back to the club.

Chase is in the final year of a two-year contract at Melbourne Storm, having been released by the Dragons.

He is recuperating after undergoing surgery two weeks ago to fix an anterior cruciate ligament he tore in the first round.

Kyle, 20, said he would love nothing more than to play first grade alongside his older brother for the first time.

‘‘It would be good to play alongside him,’’ Kyle said.

"‘Playing with him would be a big buzz for us."

Kyle said the brothers had ‘‘definitely’’ spoken about playing in the NRL together.

‘‘Hopefully, we can play alongside each other,’’ Kyle said.

Kyle rejected more lucrative offers to commit long term to the Dragons.

Meantime, Kyle is focused on playing in his new role at dummy-half at the Dragons.

He has spent the bulk of his four matches this season at hooker, giving Nathan Fien a much-needed break during matches.

‘‘It’s a tough position,’’ Stanley said. ‘‘I’ve never played in the ruck before and now I know what the forwards go through. Your lungs hurt a bit more.

‘‘I’m a five-eighth but Sowie (Jamie Soward) has that position so I’m happy to play wherever.’’

With Darius Boyd likely to follow Wayne Bennett to the Knights next season, Stanley has his eye on cementing himself in the No. 1 jersey.

‘‘If Darbs goes that will be one of my choices,’’ Stanley said.

‘‘But you can’t replace a player like him.

‘‘If he does leave I’ll be getting pointers off him and watching him at games and seeing what he can do.

‘‘Hopefully, it rubs off on me.’’

Dragons skipper Ben Hornby (groin) is in doubt for the clash against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Monday night.

If Hornby is out, Fien would shift to halfback with Dean Young starting his first match of the year at hooker.

Bennett has named an unchanged line-up against a desperate South Sydney side
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's one thing for his brother to want him back but it's a whole other thing if the Dragons want to cough up to have him back. I'd love him to stay and i want him to as i'm a big fan and he has massive potential (if he stays fit), but to be honest if he did leave it's not like we'd really feel it because he's been injured for the majority of time he's been with us.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

if chase wants to go back, let him! we find quality players every year, fonua, niko are there and waiting to get there spot in the side. he is stays TRY AND STAY ON THE FIELD!

if he goes to the dragons where will he play? cooper n gasnier wont be moving for him neither will morris or nightingale, at the storm he will have his spot back if champion leaves, maybe even if he doesnt leave
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Dragons will go to shit when Bennett leaves. Why would Chase want to leave the opportunity to be coached by Bellamy and play alongside the likes of Slater, Smith, Cronk and Widdop in the most successful club in the modern era. And 2011 premiers!!!
I think Kyle wants him back, but too bad mate. Big bro's staying here.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY PLAYER WANTING OUT OF MELBOURNE AND STORM ??

Perhaps it's because they're lazy? It's been well documented how hard Storm train, especially in pre-season. And how disciplined we are off-field as a club. Not to mention the ananomity of living in an AFL city.
If you were lazy, full of yourself, or a bit wayward than I doubt you'd fit in well and feel comfortable at the most professional club in the comp.

I'm not suggesting Blair, Stanley, Champion, Duffie, etc. fit this description. But it could be true for some??

BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chase his partner and little boy live at Point Cook where a few of the other lads live and they seem quiet happy down here.
The thing is will the club resign him with his history of injuries?

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

BigG wrote:Chase his partner and little boy live at Point Cook where a few of the other lads live and they seem quiet happy down here.
The thing is will the club resign him with his history of injuries?

bellamy loves him and see's huge potential in him, he has had a lot of injuries, but so has sika and sika will be re-signed if he wants to put pen to paper
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I said there was talk of this last week, I can't remember who said it but apparently I was getting confuse between the Stanleys. Looks like I wasn't.