Panthers Game live on Channel nine?????????????????

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wish we could have it live in adelaide too. :(
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:Wish we could have it live in adelaide too. :(
You never know!? Perhaps 14yrs after getting an Adelaide based club and winning 3 GF's and 4 out of 5 season matches whilst sitting on top of the ladder. You too might get the odd game of rugby league shown live on FTA tv

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The 'ratings' are judged on a select group who have 'special remotes' that record what they watch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings
So regardless of how many dedicated RL fans actually watch a live feed the 'ratings' can be manipulated by a controlled few ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Perhaps if everyone who watches the game either e-mails or calls Channel Nine to let them know that they were watching, Nine might finally start getting the message. I know I will.

I don't think anyone let the Herald Sun know because in their weekend TV guide on the back two pages of today's paper there's no mention of the live screening. Might have to rely on word of mouth with this one.

I'll be at work until 5 anyway so I don't really get the benefit of seeing the game live. I'll just record it and pretend I'm watching it live. At least I'll be able to start before the Fox Sports replay at 6.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:The 'ratings' are judged on a select group who have 'special remotes' that record what they watch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings
So regardless of how many dedicated RL fans actually watch a live feed the 'ratings' can be manipulated by a controlled few ::)
I remember calling Ch.Nein one day last year and asking about those special remotes because I have never ever met anyone that had one. The programmer at that horrid station :) didn't want to divulge a single thing about who gets this priviledge or even if they ever swap them around to other people.

When I asked for one, he said next question :lol:
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Today's Herald Sun TV Guide still has the game on at 12:20 tonight. The only reference to the game being live is a single line in the only Storm story in the sports section. Looks like our owners don't want a big audience either ??????

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Nine bumps royals for footy
"I haven't finalised the schedule yet, my main priority is that the people who want to watch the footy can watch it," he said. "It might cost us some ratings, but I'm not going to abandon rugby league. It's about the fans and the loyalty they've shown us every Friday night.You can't smack them in the eye because another big event is on."

Cynical observers could suggest Nine is "buttering up" the NRL to show their commitment to the game on the eve of negotiations for the next television deal.

Rival commercial networks Ten and Seven have both indicated they are keen to challenge for the rights.

Nine is so determined to keep league heavyweights on side that they are even broadcasting today's Storm-Penrith game live into the Melbourne market against AFL.

"This has got nothing to do with the next TV deal," Browne insisted. "We already have a very good relationship with the NRL and we're keen to improve it even further to help them develop the game and assist us to broadcast it to a maximum audience."
Bull*hit.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

what the f##k was that??!! Channel 9 decide to throw in a couple of ads during live play and miss Storm's first try!!

Why bother showing it at all??!!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol if its not one thing it another anyway in watching this game adam blair is playing really bad

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Adam seemed to have a 'distracted' 1st 40 but redeemed himself in the 2nd.

For the Panthers - So sad - See you next season :twisted:
For Mr Elliot - So Sad - Too bad - Clear out the desk - Nathan Brown is on the way :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was at work so I watched a recording when I got home. I was fast forwarding during the ads and then thought I had gone too far without realising it. I guess Nine thought they were showing the game on delay when they ran a longer ad break. I wish they realised what they'd done and showed a full replay from end to end. Nine's presentation is pretty good, though so I'll give them that.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you think about it, whilst the game was shown live into Melbourne & Victoria,
ch nein ran with it like it was on delay to the NSW & Qld audiences where they
would normally have decent ad breaks at certain times. They just threw to the
ad break as they would normally do. Unfortunately for us we then missed the
continuing play (and a try) in the process.

I was annoyed at first however decided that it was at least something to be
able to see the game live on FTA TV for a change. Not great but still good.

BTW - I'm with TC, Bull$hit!!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:Perhaps if everyone who watches the game either e-mails or calls Channel Nine to let them know that they were watching, Nine might finally start getting the message. I know I will.

Me too!

Ch.9 don't have an email set up, but everyone should ring and tell them we watched.

Phone No. 03/9429 0201
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Definitely going to give them a call. Especially how we have upcoming Ch 9 - Sunday afternoon matches against the Bunnies and Roosters over the next couple of months.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

MENACING*STORM wrote: Bunnies and Roosters
Sorry should say Bunnies and Tigers