Panthers Game live on Channel nine?????????????????

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just checked the Foxtel TV guide and is states the Panthers/Storm game is on Channel 9 at 3.00pm Sunday.

I can not find the game listed on any online guide nor is in any printed guide that came out this week.

Does anyone hoave any information on the game being televised?
Last edited by glennb on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It will be live in Sydney on Channel NOT SO F**KING GOOD :evil:
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thought I read that it was the 4pm delayed telecast on FTA & 6PM on Foxtel ?

From NRL.com game preview
Televised: Channel Nine – Delayed 4pm; Fox Sports – Delayed 6pm.
Guess it will be the illegal,(?) but o so much more reliable live stream feed for me.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is on in NSW/QLD at 4.00pm Sunday. The Sunday game is always delayed by an hour on T.V.

I was womdering if it was being shown in Melbourne live or delayed at 4.00pm, of is it once again on at about midnight Sunday.

The Foxtel guide says it is on at 3.00pm on Sunday
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It is showing 4pm into Victoria
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The match will be shown LIVE on Channel Nein. Announced this afternoon by the SEN boys. I have Foxtel but was worried I wouldn't be able to see the footy on Sunday until late. Fantastic news!!!
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Yes, the game will be live into Melbourne at 3pm on Channel 9.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We need to change the question mark into an exclamation mark in the thread title. :-D
Sauce
CHANNEL 9 has decided to screen Storm's Sunday clash against Penrith live at 3pm after questions were asked by the NRL and the Herald Sun.

The game originally was scheduled for delayed screening at 12.20am Monday, but Channel 9 managing director Jeff Browne decided yesterday to "test" Storm's appeal in the Melbourne television market.

"We think we should trial a live broadcast of the Storm versus Panthers game and give the Melbourne viewing public the opportunity to vote in support with their remote controls," he said.

"The Melbourne Storm have had a difficult past year and we welcome the opportunity to show our support, not only for the NRL, but for a proud club which has bounced back this year in fine form."

Audiences for Storm's opening five games this year, all shown live on Fox Sports, have increased 42 per cent. The club and NRL boss David Gallop welcomed the Channel 9 move.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wow, I nearly fell off my chair reading that news.

Make the most of it guys and gals, because I highly doubt it will happen again this year.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

About time Channel None (sorry Nine) did something for us.

Although I am a little worried that because all the TV Guides have the match on at 12:20am Monday and they have made a relatively late change that a lot of people wont know it is on, then it wont rate as well as it otherwise would have and the "trial" will be deemed a failure.

Make sure you tell everyone you know with any interest in the Storm. It is up against Melbourne v Gold Coast, so hopefully that is over after 20 minutes like the other Suns matches have been.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

thank-you
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ok - firstly I'm happy that I can now watch my team play live on FTA.

However - this should be a right not a rare priviledge that the almight lords of Nein make it sound like.

Again - rather than give us the best chances of good ratings - they announce it after midnight for most of the week, then make an about face decision late in the week prob when many people have now made plans.

What this smacks of is:

1. Ch 9 using this as a test to demonstrate the storm won't rate and use it as leverage for not showing them again,

2. Sucking up to the NRL at time when they are starting to negotiate tv rights.

Call me a cynic and I am but its only because I'm a Storm fan in Victoria.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Nine are trying to "test" Melbourne to see how rugby league will do, a one off game isn't going to do much. They made the decision late and announced it on a show I'm sure most people in Melbourne don't watch. Not only that - it's one game. If Nine were serious about it, they would commit to showing (at the very least) the Sunday game live or on an hour delay like in NSW and Queensland every week. That's two hours out of their schedule and I'm positive the NRL (even two Sydney teams) will do better than a repeat of The Million Dollar Drop or whatever Nine had originally planned. The only way rugby league can grow in Victoria is through FTA exposure. If the Storm advertise upcoming games during the game, I'm sure we'll slowly see our crowd figures increase, too. I can't see any downside to Nine showing the Sunday game every week. Everybody would win.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:If Nine are trying to "test" Melbourne to see how rugby league will do, a one off game isn't going to do much. They made the decision late and announced it on a show I'm sure most people in Melbourne don't watch. Not only that - it's one game. If Nine were serious about it, they would commit to showing (at the very least) the Sunday game live or on an hour delay like in NSW and Queensland every week. That's two hours out of their schedule and I'm positive the NRL (even two Sydney teams) will do better than a repeat of The Million Dollar Drop or whatever Nine had originally planned. The only way rugby league can grow in Victoria is through FTA exposure. If the Storm advertise upcoming games during the game, I'm sure we'll slowly see our crowd figures increase, too. I can't see any downside to Nine showing the Sunday game every week. Everybody would win.
Hear hear!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

They've done this in previous years and each time have said afterwards "see, nobody watched it. That's why we don't it live" and yet millions (or lots at least) did watch it.
I wonder: if I watch ch9 via ch100 on Foxtel does it register for their ratings? As most Storm, and league supporters, are forced to have Foxtel this could be fudging the ratings numbers.

Anyway I implore everyone to turn every tv set you own on, and tuned in to nein, on Sunday at 3pm.
Here's hoping this could be the start of a new thing?!?! Since 9 lost the AFL a couple of years ago it's had me stuffed why they didn't get behind the Storm?!?! Probably Sir Eddie????

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image