Adam Blair linked to Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just heard this on Channel 9, apparently he is 'poised to sign'. I will try find an article link now
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1/2 MILLION $s a year he will be on nowhere near at Storm even with a new contract offer,looking after himself and family.Sounds like Bellamy is a bit pissed that he has not told him yet before it was announced.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

/sigh be nice if we had a better salary cap system like the afl so we coudl actually retain players instead of losing them all the time.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll suit their style of play. I guess its a good move for him.
He has so much family in NZ and they'd obviously be part of the decision. I read that he's the eldest of his siblings and there's a few of them too.
Wish him all the best, the more cap he takes up there the better.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If the Tigers really are offering that much then he'd be crazy to turn it down. He's won a World Cup, Tri-Nations, A Grand Final and think about his performances in big games, he definately stands up.
He also is NZ vice captain.
I will miss Blairy.
Weird concidence - Blair made his debut against the Tigers ;)
Monsoon
Monsoon

Everything has a silver lining, if Blair leaves i think we up our offers and retain manu, proctor, duffie and widdop. If Blair stays afew of them go i believe.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This is one guy I won't hate once he leaves this club. He should take the money because he has been getting screwed down here. Apparently Anthony Quinn in his final contract year will be earning more that Blair. Ridiculous stuff indeed. I just hope we give Manu a rise he is probably on sweet FA too!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bula wrote:He'll suit their style of play. I guess its a good move for him.
He has so much family in NZ and they'd obviously be part of the decision. I read that he's the eldest of his siblings and there's a few of them too.
Wish him all the best, the more cap he takes up there the better.
We have family connections from the same area as Adam ('bout 8kms down the road) & its a wonderful, beautiful area of NZ but far from the 'rich' areas of the country in monetary terms. They produce quite a few talented maori sportsmen that reach higher honours but not as many as they could if the area got the same opportunities as others. Adam is idolised there as he is one of the ones that 'made it'. They are all proud of him - he's regarded as one of their sons, by all. A role model. Family is strong in those parts, as is loyalty, but they will wish him the best whatever he decides
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good on him, he deserves it if true.

Does open up a spot on the left ay Chip ;)
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yep - not that that was uppermost in my mind ;) ;)
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

seriously tho', wish the bro well. Well respected by all the guys & has developed well & shown his flair given a bit of space. Like you said before...time to get his & sorry it's not at the Storm if thats the way it pans out
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tim Sheens would be terrific for Adams game. He loves a ball playing forward so watch Adam go to another level if he goes there.

Not that he wont kick azz here if he stays.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The obvious response is well done Adam...you deserve your pay day.

Very disappointing nontheless.

Would have been great to see him play his career at Storm.

I love this game......but it sure as hell kicks me in the guts sometimes. :'(
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

All fans of all clubs go through it, it's the price we pay for keeping the comp even without ridiculous things like drafts taking place. And what do we get for it? We get to be in the best position the game has ever been in.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image