Storm Strike back

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From all the news print in all those articles only this bit is important.
It's not really about turning no-names into big-name players.
It's about everyone playing towards the structure of the team.
No matter how News Ltd or their appointed mouthpiece at the NRL adjust history to suit,(protect ?) themselves they can NEVER change what makes Melbourne Storm the club that it is.Or the culture that they & their fans hold dear.

We are THE TEAM - Everyone knows their job & knows that their teammates will back them up Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All these articles just make me :( and >:(
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NRL are about to release their 12 month findings. Expect more trolling like this until it is released. Then I think it will disappear because everyone has already moved on.

One thing you can guarentee - the NRL management of the salary cap will appear squeeky clean.

I hope they release the report on a home game week :)
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsally wrote:NRL are about to release their 12 month findings. Expect more trolling like this until it is released. Then I think it will disappear because everyone has already moved on.

One thing you can guarentee - the NRL management of the salary cap will appear squeeky clean.

I hope they release the report on a home game week :)
Ain`t that the truth. Send it to the lawyers for sterilization, then release it to the public. Just like their News Ltd masters last year
Bourbon Rat wrote:From all the news print in all those articles only this bit is important.
It's not really about turning no-names into big-name players.
It's about everyone playing towards the structure of the team.
No matter how News Ltd or their appointed mouthpiece at the NRL adjust history to suit,(protect ?) themselves they can NEVER change what makes Melbourne Storm the club that it is.Or the culture that they & their fans hold dear.

We are THE TEAM - Everyone knows their job & knows that their teammates will back them up Image
:thumbleft:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormsally wrote:
That's exactly what i thought when i read the argticle this morning Sally. The gutless prick will selectively pick and choose what will be released to the public and what will be buried and you can bet your life it'll only show them in a good light and paint the rest to be villians. I've got no issue with them naming and shaming all guilty parties and they should be named but either release the whole report or release nothing at all.

This is yet just another example of the two bit amaturish arse clowns running the NRL and the sooner the independent commission comes in the better off everyone will be.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I bet the nrl clowns sat on this report for all off season and put it out now because STORM have started the season so strongly.I thought they would have waited till we had to play interstate to make it more harder for our team.The nrl don`t want this scandal to go away they want it to drag on.
I hope that when we hold up the premiership trophy at the end of season 2011 gallop isn`t going to be the one to present it to CAM SMITH and CRAIG BELLAMY.
:swav: :swav: :swav:
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I want him to have to hand over the Premiership Cup to the true back to back winners Storm - how bitter sweet that day will be... :twisted:
Justice and revenge all in one.... (normally not a bitter person but this whole BS continues to stink) :twisted: :x :twisted: :x :twisted: :x :twisted: :x

But I have moved on and dont carry it around with me anymore - just sometimes. :-*
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

:evil: If we were sydney STORM it would never have happened.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There are two reasons why this was handled so very badly:

1. Gallop has clearly shown an inability for consistent, logical and well-condisdered decision making. He is an amateur doing the job, which professionals need only apply. The conflict of interest he faces in running the game, makes it doubly hard. However, at the end of the day - most people agree he is just plain incompetent.

2. It was a News Ltd club. Imagine the uproar from the other teams and fans if they hadn't punished the Storm within an inch of their death. He'd be hiding along with Hartigan if they didnt inflict the maximum penalties possible.

They were caught like dears in the headlights, and decided it was easier to kick the Storm's head in and then piss on our motionless carcass rather than bring the whole competition into disrepute.

In short - the Storm fans, players and coaching staff were sacrificed, thus preserving their careers.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I bet the nrl clowns sat on this report for all off season and put it out now because STORM have started the season so strongly.

I agree with this. The audit report came out in July last year and there report could not have been released over the off season!!!!!!

Also, Gallop said that the audit report was never released as the offical NRL report and the NRL was always going to release their own report! Did I miss something being announced about an offical report? The first I heard of it was this week.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

lol funny fellas.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Also, Gallop said that the audit report was never released as the offical NRL report and the NRL was always going to release their own report! Did I miss something being announced about an offical report? The first I heard of it was this week.
If you search for the news coverage of when Gallop finally came down to meet players, just prior to our final game - you find reference to Gallop talking about Ian Schubert intending to meet players, with an aim to finalise the report.

So again - its not independent. Schubert is paid by the NRL, who are owned and funded by News Ltd. The ongoing joke will continue its merry way.

Did anyone read Rugby League Week last week? If you did there was one of the editors banging on about the cap. He said "I know for a fact that there are other teams rorting the cap" but he won't publish details because he's scared he'll get sued. I remember Phil Rothschild saying the same think when the scandal broke last year. The problem lies in the fact that we all suspect it goes on, but no ones game to come out into the open to expose it. What we need is proper independent audit of all clubs. But that won't happen with gallop in charge, just as he's about to lead the game into the new IC as CEO.

I only hope fairfax or another non-news ltd body has enough guts and time to dig around and find something credible.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormFront wrote:I want him to have to hand over the Premiership Cup to the true back to back winners Storm - how bitter sweet that day will be... :twisted:
Agreed, and I'd love for Cam to make a cheeky remark as it takes the trophy back.

It'd also be nice to watch Storm win the minor premiership. Pity we don't finish on Round 26 at home, it'd be awesome to see Gallop squirm out an excuse NOT to come to Melbourne to present the shield.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
StormFront wrote:I want him to have to hand over the Premiership Cup to the true back to back winners Storm - how bitter sweet that day will be... :twisted:
Agreed, and I'd love for Cam to make a cheeky remark as it takes the trophy back.

It'd also be nice to watch Storm win the minor premiership. Pity we don't finish on Round 26 at home, it'd be awesome to see Gallop squirm out an excuse NOT to come to Melbourne to present the shield.
Hilarious...
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2