Round 3 Team Named

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Johns
Squall
Squall

Has been named on the site in the video but I can't view it here at work...anyone able to post it would be much appreciated
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1. Billy Slater
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Beau Champion
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Kevin Proctor
9. Cameron Smith
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Adam Blair
12. Sika Manu
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
14. Todd Lowrie
15. Jaiman Lowe
16. Troy Thompson
17. Jesse Bromwich
18. Matt Duffie
19. Adam Woolnough
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surely Blair and Proctor is a mistake?
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's what it says in the video. You would think it was the other way around.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meh, does it matter.

We know where theyll put there heads in the scrum
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

the team hasnt played how it was named in both games. playing mind games so far so the teams cant study us up too much. i would expect duffie to start aswell if fit! *cue the quinn lovers assault now* quinn was safe but duffie and oniel havent gone wrong since they come in last year and offer more to the team out wide.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I'll admit I'm a huge fan of The Mighty Quinn. I'd preferably play him at lock & drop that waste of space Todd Lowrie. We have a nice roster of backs at least to shuffle around now that GI is out of the picture. As much of a fan as I was of GI during his time in Melbourne, I still think we got the better out of that deal...

Interesting to see what Bellamy does with the forwards this w'end. Anyone keen on Woolonough getting a bench spot this w'end?
Johns
Squall
Squall

Yeah Duffie will surely start if fit, he is #1 in the pecking order.

Keen to know who will join him, but I guess this is a way of delayingthe decision for Bellamy
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

just depends if manu plays, he and proctor were massive for us last week, so i cant see proctor moved. maybe blair to the backrow, manu out and lowe or bromwich to start up front, id like to see vea get a go on the bench
Johns
Squall
Squall

Doubtful Sika will play IMO, if he has a niggle he's too important to rush back and risk a long-term injury.
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think they'll run out with

1. Slater
18. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Champion
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
19. Woolnough
9. Smith (c)
10. Norrie
8. Blair
11. Proctor
14. Lowrie

13. Hinchcliffe
16. Thompson
17. Bromwich
20. Vea
Johns
Squall
Squall

I thought it would be Duffie and Quinn named on the wings today, but delaying the decision makes me think Bellamy may be thinking of Duffie and O'Neill...the news would definitely be harder to break to Quinny than Justin.

What a good position to be in though when you can anme Duffie on the bench and lose nothing though.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The thing is, O'Neill and Duffie are so good with the high ball. Duffie is one of the best in the comp. Thats definitely Quinn's weakness, plus the occassional misread.
Quinn offers more from dummy half though and has a wealth of experience. If I was picking I'd have Quinn on one wing and Duffie on the other. Champion is a lock-in now.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

if quinn gets the spot i would swap him and neilson around tackle 3 or 4 in the defensive line so dane could take the high balls, they didnt do that on the weeknd that i saw and quinn was lucky to get away with one
onlooker
Squall
Squall

storming wrote:the team hasnt played how it was named in both games. playing mind games so far so the teams cant study us up too much. i would expect duffie to start aswell if fit! *cue the quinn lovers assault now* quinn was safe but duffie and oniel havent gone wrong since they come in last year and offer more to the team out wide.
I think you will find, that is Duffie is fit he will replace O'Neil and not Quinn. Not saying this is my preference but i think thats the way the coaching staff is thinking.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2