Round 3 Team Named

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah their minds not on the job - wonder if anything ready to hit headlines? Similar to April 22

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd say we're going to struggle for a while without Manu and Proctor pushing forward... those two will be spending some time on the sidelines I think. I thought Norrie lifted a notch once we got into forward trouble without Manu & Proctor.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its like we didnt care, no line speed, no go forward, no creativity, no contact, no will, no passion, completely useless and embarassing performance, what did we have 5 tackles in their 20 the whole game? Hmmmmm next week will be interesting.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

7 interstate losses in a row now. Haven't won outside of Melbourne since Canberra away last year. Our strength in those GF years (maybe 2009 aside) was winning games on the road, which gave us a good enough ladder position to have a real tilt at the title come semi final time. Anyone care to shed some light on why our ability to win on the road has been so poor since 2009? We've lost to some sides that have been really struggling at the time...
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One of those nights, never in it. Cam easily our best tonight.

Nice try to Gareth, developing nicely, got spotted for 2 Cowboys tries though. Team will be much better when he gets his hands on the ball more.
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

yes our away form is a bit of a worry, but don't forget we have new combinations so it's early days.

Hope for a improved performance against the Bulldogs. Forwards will need to step up in intensity for that game.

Cheering on the boys no matter what.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hope it was just one of those nights, where our recent good form just went out the door. The Cowboys outenthused us all over the park and must be given some credit.

Manu and Proctor's loss is really going to hurt us in the coming weeks. They both look to be long term injuries. Fingers crossed that's not the case.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

We were definitely out-enthused tonight by a very fired up Cowboys team.
The conditions were quite atrocious. Wet, windy and hot. Perhaps we should train with the sprinklers on a few times to practice wet weather footy.
Then some bad mistakes, some bad luck, some bad ref calls, and some bad injuries and we were
definitely up against it.
We did well to still be in it at half time with so many mistakes early in the first. 2nd half blowout was horrible.
I think that was the worst game I've seen Billy play. I would not be surprised if he's sick?? He did not seem on his game. Very rare for him to make so many poor reads, poor passes and ball handling mistakes.
Overall the final score was not a fair indication of the game. We will learn some lessons, but it's hardly time to hang our heads. I reckon Bellamy will give 'em hell this week and we'll smash the Dogs at home.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

our forwards are going to have to be on against the dogs! they are big and have a lot of skill. its a bigger test for them than manly was, and without manu and maybe proctor its a even bigger task. lets hope the team fires up this monday
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm_man wrote:7 interstate losses in a row now. Haven't won outside of Melbourne since Canberra away last year. Our strength in those GF years (maybe 2009 aside) was winning games on the road, which gave us a good enough ladder position to have a real tilt at the title come semi final time. Anyone care to shed some light on why our ability to win on the road has been so poor since 2009? We've lost to some sides that have been really struggling at the time...
I wouldn't take any notice of away form last year... no points and an even more hostile environment than normal I would say had a huge impact. Last night always worried me
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:Wet weather has me thinking we'll win comfortably.
LOL
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Michael :P wrote:One of those nights, never in it. Cam easily our best tonight.

Nice try to Gareth, developing nicely, got spotted for 2 Cowboys tries though. Team will be much better when he gets his hands on the ball more.
Watched via a live stream,which was fairly bad,so had the audio from MMM,(which was a couple of tackles ahead of the 'live' stream ?)

I'll take the above quote and run with it,as this was the thoughts of the MMM team as well.
The injuries hurt but the size of the loss could be a wake up for the young guys in the side.What don't kill ya makes ya strong right :?

See you all Monday ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

onlooker wrote:
LOL
Couldn't be more wrong. Perhaps if we trained with th sprinklers on!!

NRL myth no.78: it's always raining in Melbourne.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

onlooker wrote:
LOL
:D Happens to the best of us.

And of course I know you'll give your tip before everygame, wont you onlooker.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:
onlooker wrote:
LOL
:D Happens to the best of us.

And of course I know you'll give your tip before everygame, wont you onlooker.
Only having a laugh mate, not a dig, happens to everyone.

Watch me stuff this up,

MNF vs Dogs

Dogs will win a tight game with a few calls going against us, which will spark a lot of our fans to rightfully think we have been robbed of a fair chance to win.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2