Round 3 Team Named

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Why would not Quinn not play? He was at his brilliant best last week. O'Neil and Duffie are both future superstars, but they don't play the way Quinn did on Saturday.
The only wholesale change i'd be making would be to give Quinn a go at lock and play O'Neil and Duffie on the wings. Big challenge squaring off against DJ for your first time in a new position though.
O'Neil was equally brilliant last week and was freakishly sensational under the high ball, he'll remain in my 17. I wonder how well O'Neil or Quinn will go playing centre? They could put some pressure on Neilson i reckon if they're prepared to put their hand up.
The only way that happens is as a utility spot on the bench, as Hinchcliffe is clearly our number one lock. The question around Quinn is whether Bellyache wants to carry a utility, or use Hinchcliffe in that position as Lowrie can cover Lock or throughout the back row.
In reality, I think Quinn is next in line all year for an outside back spot when required. Having said that, he was great last week, so depends if we want a hard running winger to get us some early go forward in the first couple of tackles, or as has been pointed out, a winger who is more athletic and safer under the high ball
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:Bromwich probably should be dropped, just a message to let him know that consistency is paramount.
Yeah definitely.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i like bromwichs running attitude, hard straight and not afraid, its just the errors, maybe a verbal warning his ass is on the line would be better imo. and duffman and oniel ARE our 2 best wingers, quinn does offer that hard man style but his highball skill and speed isnt anywhere near the other 2 guys which has potential to score and stop trys at the end of the day
onlooker
Squall
Squall

storming wrote:i like bromwichs running attitude, hard straight and not afraid, its just the errors, maybe a verbal warning his ass is on the line would be better imo. and duffman and oniel ARE our 2 best wingers, quinn does offer that hard man style but his highball skill and speed isnt anywhere near the other 2 guys which has potential to score and stop trys at the end of the day
I think Quinn may end his career in the ESL.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

onlooker wrote: I think Quinn may end his career in the ESL.
Gee - don't go all out with a high risk bet there, matey!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i think justin oniel will be left out of the team

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ohhhh damn i was wrong

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/a ... 6028363082
Anthony Quinn holds on to spot

VETERAN Melbourne Storm winger Anthony Quinn has held on to his spot for Monday's clash with North Queensland in Townsville with rival Matt Duffie staying at home.

Quinn, 28, received a late call-up last week after Duffie suffered an injured shoulder in Round 1. The veteran played a solid game, scoring a try with his opening touch.

Duffie was named in a 19-man squad by coach Craig Bellamy on Tuesday, but was unable to train fully during the week and omitted from the travelling party.

"Duff won't play. We'll give him another week's rest to make sure he is OK. He did have off-season shoulder surgery so we don't want to take a risk," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said last night.

In better news, bullocking back-rower Sika Manu, who suffered a corked calf in last week's big win over Gold Coast, completed all of yesterday's training session and looks set to take on the Cowboys.

Manu has opened the season in blistering form, earning five Dally M medals votes in the first two rounds - one behind leader Jarrod Mullen from Newcastle.

Ponissi said Bellamy was undecided on whether to leave prop Jaiman Lowe in the team, or include Adam Woolnough, who will travel to Townsville as 18th man. A decision will be made after a training tomorrow.

Storm will have an extra day up north because of the two-flight trip to Townsville.

The practice has served Melbourne well with four straight wins at Dairy Farmers Stadium since 2006, including a 34-6 rout of the Cowboys last season when Melbourne wasn't playing for points
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we'll have a few players for Dally M contention this season.
Sika, Cooper, Cam and Billy.
I think Cooper will top 3 at the end of season.
Beau Champion will be a better play than most predicted. His running style is similar to Jake Webster but only better and has a lot more speed. He seems pretty good out of dummy half too and can actually pass to the winger. Looked very confortable in his first game last week.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shame we cant see the NYC game, possible GF preview.

Will be a tough game, the fact the Boys were shite last week has me very nervous.

Be a very tight game but I'll say us by 4, 16-12.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wet weather has me thinking we'll win comfortably.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Michael :P wrote:Wet weather has me thinking we'll win comfortably.
well they better start scoring then cowboys are 10-0
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storming wrote:well they better start scoring
SORTED ;D

Looks like one of those NQ nights when the team that makes the best of the wet humid conditions wins ???

scappy UK video + MMM audio is doing my head in :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
chrismeister
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We are copping a bit of a reality check tonight! Sika could be out for quite a while.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible effort tonight, even before the injuries... definitely a reality check. The media pumping us up after our first two wins obviously hasn't helped. Embarrassing... :oops:
chrismeister
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thank god that's over hopefully they can bounce back from that next week against the Dogs

[ Post made via iPad ] Image