Round 3 Team Named

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Johns wrote:Doubtful Sika will play IMO, if he has a niggle he's too important to rush back and risk a long-term injury.
Yeah, didn't i read something saying he won't be rushed back?

I don't think he will play this weekend, Lowrie to start and Woolnough onto the Bench.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Duffie is brilliant, he was fantastic last year. Quinn was devastating last week and brings a level of toughness we need. He has no problem running straight with the ball. He'll be in for sure.
I like O'Neil. He's outstanding under a high ball and showed that on a couple of occassions last week. It's a tough decision Bellyache's gotta make, but i'd be inclined to give Juzzy a run and let Duffie's shoulder properly rest up before facing Bulldogs next week.

I look forward to seeing Woolnough in action too
Johns
Squall
Squall

Meanwhile, Bellamy is confident the in-form Sika Manu will be available for the Cowboys clash despite failing to complete his side's 40-12 win over the Titans on Saturday.

"His scans came back really well so it looks like it's only a cork in his calf so hopefully that's the right diagnosis," the coach said.

"We're not running until tomorrow so we'll have a look at him tomorrow and we'll see how he goes in the days leading up to the game."

Bellamy has named prop Adam Woolnough and winger Matthew Duffie in an extended 19-man squad but concedes Duffie is still in doubt with a shoulder injury.

"I'm not quite sure whether Duff's going to be right for this week but we've put him in the squad and we've added Adam Woolnough," he said.

"We've got a couple of bumps and bruises with our forwards and we're not playing until Monday night so we've named a squad of 19 and we'll see how we go later in the week."

"We're hoping that he'll (Duffie) be ok but (Anthony) Quinn and Justin (O'Neill) did a great job on the weekend so it's a good headache to have."

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-d ... oll-116041
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just letting u guys know that i am heading into the city for storm training tomorrow morning so will let u know who is training and injurys ect later on
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:just letting u guys know that i am heading into the city for storm training tomorrow morning so will let u know who is training and injurys ect later on
Awesome, I look forward to hearing your report.

On the line up, it's an interesting one, be interesting to see what happens on game night.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sika Manu and Mitchel Johnson didnt train today

Adam Blair was running around using Maurice Blair as tackleing practice calling out cowboys names and trying to tackle through them

Jesse Bromwich Dane Chisholm Sione Kite Tu'u Maori Elijah Niko Atelea Vea all trained well but in the reserves side

Beau Champion Dane Nielsen and Anthony Quinn will start....bellamy made them practice plays

Matt Duffie and Justin O'Neill were sharing one role at training in the first half matt was in the reserves side training then bellamy called him out to take over justin spot and justin trained in reserves
matt didnt do much tackleing practice today though

Jaiman Lowe Todd Lowrie Bryan Norrie Kevin Proctor Adam Woolnough Troy Thompson did tackling practice just a short note on troy when NRL team finish trainiing the reserves do an extra 10 minutes running and troy was in that group today

Andrew Johns had 40 minute class with the boys working with Ben Hampton Cooper Cronk Jake Hawkins Ryan Hinchcliffe Luke Kelly Billy Slater Cameron Smith Gareth Widdop it was amazing to watch and i cant wait to see some of the plays in the game that the worked on today

Rory Kostjasyn Robbie Rochow Tohu Harris training but in the injury group
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

bromwich in ressies? i like the look of him, maybe its just to get him to focus on his handling
harris training again is good, i wanna see what this boy can do
thompson maybe wants more fitness for more game time

thanks for the info!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome post Sallymay. What are their weekly training times?

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i dont know they change everyweek...check the website they are always on there

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome, thanks for that Sallymay.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:Sika Manu and Mitchel Johnson didnt train today

Adam Blair was running around using Maurice Blair as tackleing practice calling out cowboys names and trying to tackle through them

Jesse Bromwich Dane Chisholm Sione Kite Tu'u Maori Elijah Niko Atelea Vea all trained well but in the reserves side

Beau Champion Dane Nielsen and Anthony Quinn will start....bellamy made them practice plays

Matt Duffie and Justin O'Neill were sharing one role at training in the first half matt was in the reserves side training then bellamy called him out to take over justin spot and justin trained in reserves
matt didnt do much tackleing practice today though

Jaiman Lowe Todd Lowrie Bryan Norrie Kevin Proctor Adam Woolnough Troy Thompson did tackling practice just a short note on troy when NRL team finish trainiing the reserves do an extra 10 minutes running and troy was in that group today

Andrew Johns had 40 minute class with the boys working with Ben Hampton Cooper Cronk Jake Hawkins Ryan Hinchcliffe Luke Kelly Billy Slater Cameron Smith Gareth Widdop it was amazing to watch and i cant wait to see some of the plays in the game that the worked on today

Rory Kostjasyn Robbie Rochow Tohu Harris training but in the injury group
Thanks for that.

Johns
Squall
Squall

Melbourne forward Sika Manu will have his first run after a corked calf today, but is expected to play against North Queensland on Monday night. Matt Duffie, returning from a shoulder injury, was named 18th man but is likely to play. Anthony Quinn is likely to miss out. The Cowboys are expected to be as named.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1c8kk.html

So Sika and Duffie will both probably play.

The SMH seems to think Quinn will be the one to go for Duffie, but I'd be more likely to believe Sallymay's prediction that O'Neill will miss out.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why would not Quinn not play? He was at his brilliant best last week. O'Neil and Duffie are both future superstars, but they don't play the way Quinn did on Saturday.
The only wholesale change i'd be making would be to give Quinn a go at lock and play O'Neil and Duffie on the wings. Big challenge squaring off against DJ for your first time in a new position though.
O'Neil was equally brilliant last week and was freakishly sensational under the high ball, he'll remain in my 17. I wonder how well O'Neil or Quinn will go playing centre? They could put some pressure on Neilson i reckon if they're prepared to put their hand up.
Johns
Squall
Squall

Go Storm wrote:Why would not Quinn not play? He was at his brilliant best last week. O'Neil and Duffie are both future superstars, but they don't play the way Quinn did on Saturday.
The only wholesale change i'd be making would be to give Quinn a go at lock and play O'Neil and Duffie on the wings. Big challenge squaring off against DJ for your first time in a new position though.
O'Neil was equally brilliant last week and was freakishly sensational under the high ball, he'll remain in my 17. I wonder how well O'Neil or Quinn will go playing centre? They could put some pressure on Neilson i reckon if they're prepared to put their hand up.
I'd say the biggest factor against Quinn is he struggles against the high ball and opposition teams know this, whereas Justin is great in the air.

If either of them were to play centre you'd think it would be Justin, as Quinn is limited in his passing game.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bromwich probably should be dropped, just a message to let him know that consistency is paramount.