Kearney wants to steal Duffie

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay,

Did Duffie train yesterday ?

What was his body language like ?

Any signs at all whether he looks settled with the guys or like he is backing out slowly ???
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

duffman was happy as can be if u read what i wrote on the adam blair to the tigers he was cheering really loud

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:duffman was happy as can be if u read what i wrote on the adam blair to the tigers he was cheering really loud

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Thanks....I will look at that thread.
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

So Duffie is thinking about joining that rabble! Good luck to him if he decides to leave.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

heraldsun1 wrote:So Duffie is thinking about joining that rabble! Good luck to him if he decides to leave.
HS1 that is the most sensible thing you have ever posted.

I was thinking the same thing especially when Duffie crossed for his try. I hope yesterday's match helped make up his mind for him.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I'm sorry but Kearney will need to do a lot more looking around & stealing. Even as good as Duffie was for us yesterday & has been since being in Melbourne, even he wouldn't have saved Parramatta yestreday. There is one Hell of a lot of work needs to be done out there. Maybe Kearney should be looking at Blair as well, although again, he'd need more than those two to save the Eels...
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

J-Storm wrote:I'm sorry but Kearney will need to do a lot more looking around & stealing. Even as good as Duffie was for us yesterday & has been since being in Melbourne, even he wouldn't have saved Parramatta yestreday. There is one Hell of a lot of work needs to be done out there. Maybe Kearney should be looking at Blair as well, although again, he'd need more than those two to save the Eels...
I'm sure he'll get 'em good, and he won't need to buy players to do it. Although I hope he fails, I know he won't.
It seems there's a cultural problem at Parramatta, and I think a few Sydney clubs. I think the players egos are even bigger than their pay cheques.
The eels have seen a couple of good coaches come and go recently and yet pretty much retain the player nucleus, says something about their attitude i to me.
Last year when we played them up there they were brilliant and destroyed us. One good game out of 20-odd is shit!!! Equally in '09 they revived their season by winning about 10 in a row before confronting us in the GF.
They've got the players, they've got the ability, they haven't got the right attitude. ATM they're a team of individuals whereas we are an individual team. Until they change this they'll never win.
And hopefully they never will!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great that he has signed a new deal.
Duffie signs a new deal with Storm

Melbourne Storm has delivered another major coup in their player retention strategy by announcing the re-signing of rising star Matt Duffie until the end of the 2014 season.

Duffie, 20, has enjoyed a meteoritic rise into NRL first grade after arriving in Melbourne as a 17 year old from Auckland at the end of 2008. The former schoolboy rugby union star played a key role in Storm’s NYC premiership throughout the following year and, less than 12 months later, made his NRL debut on Anzac Day against the Warriors.

Storm Head Coach, Craig Bellamy, was elated with the good news on the eve of another important match against the Penrith Panthers.

“This is another great boost for our club and we are really pleased Duff has committed for three more years,” Bellamy said.

“He is a great kid to coach, he has good pace and can find the try line. Most importantly, he has a strong desire to improve and is willing to learn, which is vital for him to become the player we all believe he can be.

“On the back of last week’s announcements on Slater, Proctor and Hinchcliffe, this result ensures our future roster remains on track, especially the core group of players from the 2009 NYC premiership winning team.”

Melbourne has fast become home for the 2010 Storm Rookie of the Year, establishing himself as a crowd favourite with regular displays of remarkable athleticism and an uncanny try scoring ability.

“This was a very big decision and I was really pleased to tell the boys before our team dinner last night, “said Duffie.

“I had some wonderful options to join other clubs with coaches who have played a big part in my life, but Storm is where I want to play my football and Melbourne is where I want to live.

“Craig was a major factor in my decision. I love being coached by him and I’m excited about the future under his coaching.

“We have a great bunch of players and staff down at Storm. Melbourne is definitely home for me now, so I couldn’t be happier."
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... with-storm
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

:swav: :swav: :swav: WOOHOO so glad that he has realised to stay at STORM and become a great player or go somewhere else and just be ordinary.