Missed Opportunity

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Today I received an email from Heart of the Game (Women in League)
It was a great newsletter that highlighted wonderful things that the NRL
do in our community... I was a bit upset to see a section of the newsletter
which has a list "Clubs in the community" showing lots of clubs and the wonderful
things each club does....

Upon looking at this list I could not see the Storm Logo....
Now I know that Storm have done and continue to do wonderful things in our community.
There are far to many to list that I know of and I am 100% sure there are many current events
that they are undertaking that could be added to this calendar... when I clicked on link it brought me
to the linked page below.....

I was very sadden to see that all teams are listed and next to Storm it says "TBA" (To Be Advised)
http://www.rloc.com.au/default.aspx?s=nrl-clubs

I have no idea how this list is made, why it says TBA or any real details on who created it ...
(It may be that Storm was asked to supply something but due to being over run with Memberships
being so late - that a reply may not have been given - I really dont know)

My point of this post is that... this newsletter goes out to thousands of people who have an interest in the NRL
- Male, Female, young, old who ever wants to receive it....
And the opportunity to showcase the wonderful things that Storm has done and continues to do has been missed...

Just makes me sad and disappointed that this has occurred... when it was a perfect opportunity to show something
really positive. Lets hope that this can be changed in the future.

* There were three clubs with TBA - all other clubs had something against their names....
Brisbane Broncos, North Queensland Cowboys, Melbourne Storm
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Do you expect anything better from the NRL..
If they can`t recognise what Storm did for charities last season that is a VERY SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS,
Adam Blair has even got Joffa to change the colour of his jacket to purple for the Epilesy foundation Charity.I never thought I would see the day.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so the three clubs that have links to news ltd... (I think the Cowboys still do anyway)
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hey Stormy,

I am not sure who's fault it is - whether it is the NRL or Storm or the person who put the newsletter together.
I did not place blame as I am not sure who to blame ... but rather think it is a shame that we are not
showing Storm in the best possible way and have missed a great opportunity.

Hopefully by the time the next newsletter is sent out Storm will be proudly on the list... as I know they
do some wonderful work off the field as well as on...

Hoping we win by lots on Saturday ... Go Storm....
;D :-D ;D :-D ;D :-D ;D :-D ;D :-D ;D :-D ;D :-D ;D :-D ;D :-D
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
onlooker
Squall
Squall

The Cowboys were brought off News limited a while back by the League club up there.

I think its up to the clubs to get onto Rugby League's one community, not the NRL's responsibility to chase around clubs.

Ask Gauci about it.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

onlooker wrote:The Cowboys were brought off News limited a while back by the League club up there.

I think its up to the clubs to get onto Rugby League's one community, not the NRL's responsibility to chase around clubs.

Ask Gauci about it.
Cheers mate, I had in the back of my mind they had been, but couldn't remember for sure!