Storm/Warriors moved to Sunday

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

mahoobla wrote:Absentee and Ice where do you get your scheduling information from?? I just checked nrl.com and rounds 8 and 9 aren't up there yet.

I hate it how the NRL release schedules in dribs and drabs....

Thanks for keeping us one step ahead!!

Julie
Both games are listed on the Knights and Broncos websites - but I actually got the dates from the League Unlimited forum.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The arguement by the television rights holders (Channel 9) not release the whole season draw before the start of the season, is be releasing it a couple of rounds at a time they will always have the best games on free to air televison. In other words, if they did the draw early you might end up in round 20 watching teams in 15 and 16 place on the ladder on Friday night. They say there way is better because you get to watch the best teams. Going on this theory Friday 29.04.11 you get the Rabbits who have yet to win a game and playing bad football and the Sharks who did have a great win, but do find it hard to score points and win lots of games. But on Foxtel you have the Knights and Storm, at the moment position one and two on the ladder, and both undefeated!!!!!!
I do not care, I do not like Friday night games, but I am sure our sponsors would like to be on free to air televison. It might also give the commentators a chance to learn our players names before the finals. They still have get Neilson/O'Neill messed up
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

glennb wrote: They still have get Neilson/O'Neill messed up
So do I sometimes! :oops:
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I understand the benefits of a rolling schedule from the broadcasters' perspective but for the fans it sucks. I think the ideal compromise would be to schedule 20 rounds at the start of the season and then allow the broadcasters to choose games based on form in the lead up to the finals.

For what it's worth, my favourite timeslot is 7:30 Saturday. Sunday afternoons are great, too - weather pending.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

That is alright Stormsally, you do not get paid a lot of money to inform people watching the correct information. I bet channel 9 would never to two Broncos or Roosters player mixed up. They watch them every week.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote:
onlooker wrote:
The NRL did go to foxtel and request the change after the Storm contacted the NRL. That is far different to what you were saying earlier "the NRL have sweet FA to do with the scheduling of games which basically means they also had sweet FA to do with re-scheduling this one."
I think you're getting your wires crossed here and things are getting lost in translation, i never denied that the NRL may have requested Foxtel to change the schedule because the fact is i haven't read anywhere if they did or not so i don't know and won't guess either way. Though seeing as you so big on actual quotes and need tem to prove if something is true or not if you have a link to prove it i'll be glad to see it.
Same here.

Doubt we'll get it though.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Demanding much? Not everything makes the paper guys. Lucky for you lot, this did.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... 168073.htm
"We're pretty happy with the result," Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said.

"We were involved in discussions prior to the announcement going out, we had put forward our position ... we're pleased that they reconsidered."

Asked if he hoped to maintain the late ANZAC Day timeslot - with St George Illawarra taking on the Sydney Roosters in the afternoon in Sydney - Gauci said: "It's up to the NRL and the broadcasters obviously but it is our preference that we turn it into a traditional game."
Thanks Mr. Gauci, the CEO himself saying its up to the NRL and the Broadcasters.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LOL so what's your point? As i clearly acknowledged in my previous post which you missed/ignored, yes it has to do with the NRL in that they're the ones who decide the fixtures for each season and yes they scheduled us to play on ANZAC weekend as was requested by us and that has never been disputed by anyone. That said and i'll only say it once more is that they have absolutely NO power in what time slot we play on any given ANZAC weekend or ANZAC round. If they did they'd make channel 9 screen games down here before midnight which they can't. I'm also still waiting for your answer you've ignored twice as to why they don't make them if they have the power to.

So in summary it's pretty damn obvious that when Gauci said "It's up to the NRL and the broadcasters" he clearly meant firstly it was up to the NRL to schedule us to play the Warriors in this round and then it's up to the broadcasters to give us the actual ANZAC day time slot. Geddit now? I hope so because i'm very much over explaining the blatantly obvious and won't be again. If you can't work it out it's not my problem.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Go back to the start of the conversation. You would see what you are talking about now has very little to do with what you are saying now.

At the start you clearly stated that the TV networks decide when the games are played - You are correct.

You then stated that the NRL are powerless to stop them deciding on what days the Networks choose - You are sorta correct.

You then used that statement, as some kind of bases, in saying the NRL is powerless and has nothing to do with changing the game days and the group with the power are the TV networks. "The broadcasters can put the games on in any order they please and don't have to go to the NRL to ratify them becasue the simple fact is the NRL has absolutely NO power to change them even if they wanted to" - Not quite right.

The process of getting fixtures changed to other dates is,

1) The team that wants to the change request to the NRL (not the TV networks)
2) The NRL, and the team that wants the change, goes to the home team of the other game that they want changed and ask if they would be happy with the swap.
3) The NRL goes to the TV networks.
4) The NRL lets the team that requested the change, know the result.

As you can see the NRL is involved in every step, not quite the powerless organisation you were trying to portray.

That's the only thing i pulled you up on, the rest of the crap you are talking about i have no clue why you are even wasting your time typing it up as i have not tried to deny that. A brain dead bat knows the TV picks the draw, round 1-26 and the TV networks decided what games are played on what days.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

onlooker wrote:
The process of getting fixtures changed to other dates is,

1) The team that wants to the change request to the NRL (not the TV networks)
2) The NRL, and the team that wants the change, goes to the home team of the other game that they want changed and ask if they would be happy with the swap.
3) The NRL goes to the TV networks.
4) The NRL lets the team that requested the change, know the result.

As you can see the NRL is involved in every step, not quite the powerless organisation you were trying to portray.

How in the hell would you have any clue what the process is? That drivel there is just pure speculation and guessing what you think it might be. Even if that's the way it's done, the NRL asking to change the fixture doesn't give them any power whatsoever, how does asking a question give you power FFS? If they had power that would mean they could actually change any given time slot and overrule the networks but the fact is they can't, hence no power. What's so hard to comprehend about that?

Anyway like i said i'm not going around and around in circles over this, i'm tipping everyone is getting bored with it and i know i'm sure as shit over it, it's like talking to a brick wall. So you knock yourself out believing David and the NRL are our almighty saviors, whatever makes you feel better and all that......
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Alright, i usually have lots of patience with dumb arses such as yourself but you can't comprehend a thing and have run my patience thin.
Ice wrote:
How in the hell would you have any clue what the process is? That drivel there is just pure speculation and guessing what you think it might be. Even if that's the way it's done, the NRL asking to change the fixture doesn't give them any power whatsoever, how does asking a question give you power FFS? If they had power that would mean they could actually change any given time slot and overrule the networks but the fact is they can't, hence no power. What's so hard to comprehend about that?
What we have in this section of the post is a whinge, a whinge about how the hell could i know the stuff i posted. Perhaps i know because many clubs have made many different request about game swaps and changes and i lsitened to exactly what the NRL said in every step. A particular Canterbury/Canberra game comes to mind, but nevertheless if it's not published i obviously have no clue right?. Listen whiner, thats the way things are if you believe me or not but if you rather waste your week sooking and throwing a tantrum about crap i can't stop you making yourself look foolish. Just be thankful our club made the request and the NRL went through their process to get the game moved, they could of just as easily said 'no way' to the move. But i'm guessing being thankful and greatful for getting what you want is not in your nature. You'd probably bitch if you won the lotto.

The NRL had the power to go through the process and get the game played on the day the Storm requested it OR to turn around and say "tough tities". If you don't like how the world works, then go change it instead of whining about it.
Ice wrote:Anyway like i said i'm not going around and around in circles over this,
That's probably due to your inability to comprehend anything, but it's always good to throw "anyway"into an argument.
Ice wrote:i'm tipping everyone is getting bored with it and i know i'm sure as shit over it, it's like talking to a brick wall.
LOL, the irony. I actually gave up on convincing you a few pages over, it was brought up again and i delivered what was asked. Then you started again with the very intelligent start of "LOL"
Ice wrote:So you knock yourself out believing David and the NRL are our almighty saviors, whatever makes you feel better and all that......
When did i said they were saviors? When did i say the sport needed a savior? You see the things like these assumptions are letting you down. The NRL make as many mistakes as the next sporting organisation head, but not everything is their fault and coming out with baseless claims like "they have no power" does nobody any good. They had the power to say to us 'no' did they not? They had to power to go through the process or decide it wasn't in the game best interest did they not? They had the power to make two clubs happy about the day they were to play (us and Canberra) or to leave things as they were, did they not?
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm starting to think someone has overstayed their welcome...?

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: Anyway like i said i'm not going around and around in circles over this, i'm tipping everyone is getting bored with it and i know i'm sure as shit over it, it's like talking to a brick wall. So you knock yourself out believing David and the NRL are our almighty saviors, whatever makes you feel better and all that......
Just once more because it clearly takes you a while to understand things. Please don't make me say it again, as long as you think you're right that's all that should matter so don't be getting your patience worn all thin. Go have a bex and a good lie down before you have a coronary :-*
onlooker
Squall
Squall

I don't think i'm right, i know i am.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ONLOOKER and ICE go get yourselves a room ::)