Storm fight to keep Blair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Just saw this article on Foxsports, Storm have started contract talks with Adam Blair to keep him at the club.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6022295844

What you guys think about our prospects of keeping Blair?
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not good.
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:Not good.

I like James Graham, he's a good solid prop and he's young to. Only thing that goes against Graham is that he is a Scouser! (anything who is familiar with England will know the meaning of that term!)

Time will tell
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Prospects are good, if Blair wants to stay for reasons not just solely about money.

If he wishes to get top dollar, then he's already started packing.

However, the only hope Storm have, is appeal to his ego - where Bellamy has already begun talking up his leadership ability. Secondly, the chance to once again taste premiership success with the Storm would be a far greater feeling the third time around, because of the loss of the last two, than it would at another club. Lastly, any loyalty Blair has to Bellamy and his fellow team-mates.

At the end of the day, if he wants to go, then fine. But there's no doubt he's a talented guy when he's switched on, and when he's on - he's one of the most dominant forwards in the game.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Whatever the outcome - here's hoping its not a long drawn out affair
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Adam Blair is an interesting one in the whole wash-up of the salary cap scandal. He appears to be one of the players that genuinely took a massive salary hit to stay loyal to the team and remain in Melbourne last contract, even when the Bulldogs were offering much more. At $220K a year he is probably under paid given what he should be earning but at $500K it would be massive overs. I wonder how he feels now knowing that other players that he thought were also making this same financial sacrifice for the team really weren't.

I said it at the time but when the Storm had a few extra dollars left with the Inglis departure I would have liked to have seen the Storm up the payment for this year for Blair by another $30 to $40K. Would have put him into an acceptable pay bracket for a player of his age and experience and may have made it easier to sign him to a longer term contract. I hope he stays but for a fair market price for both teams.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice summary of the whole situation Bootsie
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Michael :P wrote:Nice summary of the whole situation Bootsie
Exactly !

As for James Graham - :evil: A useful prop but with nasty on field attitude at club level,which I fear would need to be beaten out,(with a big stick).
BTW - I could take a scouser but he's a plastic one :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id love him to stay, but i reckon he will go for bigger money, and thats alright, he's gotta look after his future.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just so people know whom we're comparing.

Some stats on Adam Blair & James Graham
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

StormSergeant wrote:

I like James Graham, he's a good solid prop and he's young to. Only thing that goes against Graham is that he is a Scouser! (anything who is familiar with England will know the meaning of that term!)

Time will tell

Nothing wrong with Scousers mate...
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Am I dreaming or wasnt there something about Super league players not being in the salery cap?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think that was only about possible transfer fees paid to SL clubs for those players ?
The players contracted salary would have to be included in every NRL clubs cap.
Unless of course you play for the lizards & answer to the name Gaz ::)
Johns
Squall
Squall

I like Blairy, but he is not worth a cent more than 350K a year
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

routy21 wrote:
StormSergeant wrote:

Time will tell

Nothing wrong with Scousers mate...

I take it you are a Scouser my good man? There an interesting bunch I'll give you that!