Our Players are too small

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Our team must be the smallest in the competition and we are going to get absolutely monstered by some teams this year.

Surely we should have been doing some weights or drafting in some big guys during the off season.

Whenever our team runs out onto the field it's like boys against men!

Your thoughts?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

heraldsun1 wrote:Our team must be the smallest in the competition and we are going to get absolutely monstered by some teams this year.

Surely we should have been doing some weights or drafting in some big guys during the off season.

Your thoughts?

Yes....that HUGE Manly pack made a mess of the Storm.

We were lucky to only lose 6 - 18.

Ohh...wait...what's that you say......Storm actually won 18 - 6.

OMG...WTF....how could we possibly win with such a small forward pack.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Anyone else smell that ? O THERE YOU ARE HS1
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

0/10.

I'd like to see someone monster Sika Manu.
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Oh come on guys that's not fair! I am trying to have some sensible discussion on here.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

your kidding! sensible? we aren't the biggest team out there but we dont have to be to win, and we aren't the smallest either, our whole pack cept hinchy n cam are 105kg+ right? and most of our backs are around the 100kg mark, how big do you want them?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

heraldsun1 wrote:Oh come on guys that's not fair! I am trying to have some sensible discussion on here.
You? Sensible discussion?

That would be a first. Stop being a troll or I will set the billy goat onto you.
Consider this a formal warning.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

in comparison to an ape tony williams, yes we are small.

however, talent wise and ability they are through the roof, duffie (iirc) 1 on 1 with tony williams and held him up. size aint everything brother
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'd hate to agree with our pet troll (are we getting the ignore button back?), but I thought the same. Has Adam Blair lost weight? He looked skinny!!!

Having said that I don't really like the big for big sake players. Skill is better than size, but some of those big blokes seemed to run through us.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've been a member since Day 1 and from memory we have always had smaller players compared to most other teams. It hasn't hurt us in the past. ;D
Crooner
Squall
Squall

I almost agree with the are we too small.
But mine is more a, I believe what we will lake this year is the Big prop that bends the line and has a fast play of the ball.
We seamed to have a lot of forwards that are looking for offloads on every hit up.
And How The Hell is Proctor a starting forward.....(P.S I have never really been a fan of his)....Bench player at best IMO
onlooker
Squall
Squall

heraldsun1 wrote:Our team must be the smallest in the competition and we are going to get absolutely monstered by some teams this year.

Your thoughts?
There is no drafting in the NRL, AFL boy.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crooner wrote:I almost agree with the are we too small.
But mine is more a, I believe what we will lake this year is the Big prop that bends the line and has a fast play of the ball.
We seamed to have a lot of forwards that are looking for offloads on every hit up.
And How The Hell is Proctor a starting forward.....(P.S I have never really been a fan of his)....Bench player at best IMO
I thought Sat night was Proctors best game for us just about.

As for size, I think we are maybe one big prop short - but if John Kite gets right, he'll fix that for us IMO
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would rather our forwards to be leaner faster fitter than the lard arses that play for manly.I couldn`t believe how fat and slow georgie rose looked on Saturday night. it took almost a week for him to get off our player after he tackled him.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

CooperCronk wrote:I've been a member since Day 1 and from memory we have always had smaller players compared to most other teams. It hasn't hurt us in the past. ;D
Spot on. This has always been the case. I remember thinking how will we ever contain that bulldog's pack, or Bronco's pack? And yet we did.

It's been well publicised this off season just how much harder the Storm's pre-season is compared to other sides. We are fitter and faster, and stronger!! Our weights sessions are designed around strength, not body building.

As already mentioned, who wants fatty's like George Rose in your team. He looked more of a disgrace this year than last year.

Some of our younger and leaner blokes will probably bulk up a little as the season progresses and the long runs/cardio sessions decrease.