Rnd 2 vs Titans - Includes Spoilers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And the video is right O'Neill in instead of Quinn.
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Beau Champion
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Adam Blair
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jaiman Lowe
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Sika Manu
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
14. Todd Lowrie
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Troy Thompson
17. Jesse Bromwich
http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=38673
Johns
Squall
Squall

Hmmm, they may well have just watched the video and copy/pasted the lineup.

I'm not gonna be convinced either way until either Bellamy comes out and confirms who it is or they change the video or the team sheet on the site so that they both match.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Still a pretty good team. I am shattered about chase he is a big loss especially in defence. Kiddy in video mentioned something about working hard on champions defence so hopefully he is getting the souths defence out of his game. I feel sorry for Quinny but Oneill has more x factor. And with duff and justin being tall it is harder to attack our wings with bombs. Quinns weaknesses are being out jumped and running out of line in defence, but his strengths are his tough running and tough 1 on 1 defence. Justins weakness is ball handling. He scored 9 trys last year but bombed about 6 more. His strength is he can pull off some really special moments. We should win this game based on our scramble defence. Our attack always takes time at start of year. Widdop just like Finchy will improve week by week. I thought Widdops defence was good. It was obviously haslers plan to run Watmough at him all night and he handled it well.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Johns wrote:Hmmm, they may well have just watched the video and copy/pasted the lineup.

I'm not gonna be convinced either way until either Bellamy comes out and confirms who it is or they change the video or the team sheet on the site so that they both match.
fizer is always on the inside info so ill believe him. but could change before kickoff like it always does
onlooker
Squall
Squall

mahoobla wrote:It has been confirmed that Chase Stanley requires a full knee reconstruction and is out for the season.

He had an MRI after the game which confirmed a ruptured anterior-cruciate ligament requiring surgery and nine months out of the game.

Such a shame....
Nooooooooooooooooooooo :'(
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Johns
Squall
Squall

Sorry, I don't mean any disrespect to anyone.

I'm just not sure what to think because I know Quinn is a Bellamy-favourite, and sites like rleague do often copy/paste from the club website.

I can't actually view the video announcement here at work, would someone tell me who announces it? If it's Kidwell I'd find it pretty convincing.

If no one can tell by now, Justin is one of my favourite players haha.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So its all eyes on Champion then. Man I hope he's the real deal.
Johns
Squall
Squall

Champion is a good centre. Not in the top echelon, but he's certainly better than average and that was before coming down here.

He has size and hits an angle superbly. Holding him back is that he sometimes goes himself when he should pass to his winger, and his defence is not the best, although it has improved in the last couple of years.

I think he'll be more than good enough for us. Unfortunately I thought Stanley was going to be an absolute standout.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Johns wrote:Champion is a good centre. Not in the top echelon, but he's certainly better than average and that was before coming down here.

He has size and hits an angle superbly. Holding him back is that he sometimes goes himself when he should pass to his winger, and his defence is not the best, although it has improved in the last couple of years.

I think he'll be more than good enough for us. Unfortunately I thought Stanley was going to be an absolute standout.
he would of been and still will be.

:(
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Johns wrote:Sorry, I don't mean any disrespect to anyone.

I'm just not sure what to think because I know Quinn is a Bellamy-favourite, and sites like rleague do often copy/paste from the club website.

I can't actually view the video announcement here at work, would someone tell me who announces it? If it's Kidwell I'd find it pretty convincing.

If no one can tell by now, Justin is one of my favourite players haha.
kiddy was on the announcement video but they just had graphic for team
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Double post sorry. Damn you Vodafone & your woeful internet performance >:(
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

David Kidwell on Beau Champion

"He runs really good lines, he's deceptively fast and his defence, we're working on it," said Champion's former Souths team-mate and now Melbourne assistant coach, David Kidwell.

"He's just a good talker too, he's chomping at the bit to play which is a good sign."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... ection=all
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

On the Monday with Bellamy video on the Storm site - Bellamy said that Quinn would need to play a few games (with Sharks was the inference) to get his match fitness up - not a direct quote.

He also said it was good Champion has had a game - and that he hasn't had much training with the Storm due to concussion and calf injuries.

I suspect Craig would have liked to have had more time with him.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Gees, we have a few coming back in round 4, a lot better then not coming back at all.

Poor chase :-[
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It says in the paper today that the Duff man will have to get through training today before he lines up against the Tits as he had scans on his shoulder this week. Hopefully he's ok because we sure as hell need him against this mob who are somewhat of a bogey team and one of only two current teams we have a negative record against.