Rnd 2 vs Titans - Includes Spoilers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Johns
Squall
Squall

I thought we were strong last night and don't see the need for drastic changes.

1. Billy
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Stanley
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Coop
8. Norrie
9. Cam
10. Blair
11. Sika
12. Proctor
13. Hinch

14. Thompson
15. Jesse
16. Lowrie
17. Quinn

Nielsen's spot may go to Champion who I rate, but I thought Dane had a strong game last night. Bellyache may want to push Nielsen out to the wing for Champion, but I don't rate what Dane offers on the wing.
O'Neill may be under pressure from Quinn, but I think Justin is the better player and would like to see him keep his spot.
Jaiman was terrible last night as he has been his entire career, will be back in NSW Cup soon I imagine.
Woolnough unlucky to miss out but we can't carry three props on the bench.
I think Proctor will become an 80 minute player for us this year, 2011 will be his coming of age.
Quinn on the bench as a utility, I cringe every time I see Stanley go down and it'd be good to have a bloke like Quinny who can also hold his own in the backrow sitting on the bench.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Stanley
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith
10.Bromwich
11. Manu
12. Blair
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Thompson
15. Proctor
16. Lowrie
17. Woolnough
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

[/quote]
Nielsen's spot may go to Champion who I rate, but I thought Dane had a strong game last night.[/quote]

Dane was one of our best, topped the meters, scored a try, 2 line breaks and 1 missed tackle. So underated by some Storm fans
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd leave the team unchanged. Obviously Champion would come in if Chase is injured, and I'd have Woolnough in first opportunity as well.

I'm so keen for this year. I reckon we can do it.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1. Slater
2. Duffman
3. Danger
4. Stanley
5. ONeil
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Blair
11. Manu
12. Proctor
13. Hinchclife

14. Lowrie
15. Thompson
16. Bromwich
17. Lowe

When you're winning - there's not much reason to change. In terms of DallyM points - I would have given it as follows:

3. Manu - dominant display and clearly best on ground
2. Smith - 44 tackles and led from the fron, continually asking question from dummy half
1. Stanley - great game

Proctor, Thompson and Blair also stood up. As did Danger, Duffman and ONiell. All round - great performance.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

the backs are all good and fine, the forwards i think struggled to get the roll on yesterday, What happened to Lowe? Didnt see much of him.
Bromwich looked strong and ran hard. Blair was abit ordinary in the first half but really stepped up in the second, some really good runs.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Keep it the same. Nothing wrong with our outside backs. How good was Duffie!

Widdop needs some fine tuning if he's gonna end up the next Darren Lockey as I've predicted.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't see any reason to change a winning team unless injury hits someone under performed which i don't think anyone really did. That said we saw Chase at Crown after the game and he was limping pretty heavily so not sure how he'll pull up this week. Hopefully he does because he was great last night, most knew he was capable of that and more but his injuries haven't allowed him to show it much.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

first time ive taken notice of stanley and he showed a lot of skill and heart to keep playing

i wouldnt expect him to be playing next few weeks to give him time to fully recover but then he will be straight back in. i thought blair frontrow was a good idea, i was hoping for that all pre season.

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Danger
4. Stanley - Champion is stanley does come good
5. ONeil
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Blair
11. Manu
12. Proctor
13. Hinchclife

14. Lowrie - made 1 good hard run then started getting pushed back after that, needs improvment to keep his spot
15. Thompson
16. Bromwich - very strong off the bench
17. Vea
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Dane Neilsen isn't underrated by many!
There are a lot of us who rate him very highly. Very good footballer, just wish he's step out sometimes, not always back in!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's no reason to change the backline. Champion will just have to wait. O'Niell made a great play when he intercepted the ball on the line, Quinn wouldnt do that.
Jaiman Lowe was dissappointing. Bromwich, Hinchy and Lowrie really impressed me.
Im not too sure Bellamy will carry a back on the bench in case Stanley goes down, Lowrie can defend in the centres as he's done before.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anthony Quinn wouldn't have intercepted, he would of just smashed the ball carrier knocking the ball free! Anthony Quinn when fit, is definitely in our best 17.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I'll wait until Tuesday to name my squad :D
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Craig basically said today Champion is in when fit so Id expect Justin to drop out and Dane to slide across to wing. Which I prefer, he doesnt have the vision to play center.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This game will be a good indication of where we stand atm. Titans are a 2nd tier side so we should get a good look at where we sit.