NRL fix no longer

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Now I'm from Sydney and this doesn't affect me this much, but i know a few of you watch streams of Rugby League games on NRL fix and JustinTv.

This is the message i found when i visited the site seconds ago.

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE ABOUT NRLFIX.COM
This website has been shutdown by Internet Fraud Watchdog for breaches of the Copyright Act 1968, relating to the illegal streaming of protected content
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Heaven forbid we don't want people in parts of the world including australia watching the product or nrl live, when they could be watching better homes and gardens or a re-run meg ryan movie!

Seriously - the only thing surprising is not the fact they shut it down, but its the fact that the people behind nrlfix actually and brazingly thought they could get away with it.

They were even talking about HD streams later this year. Ffs, sharks have a greater chance of winning the premiership than getting away with that.

That said - god bless the internet. Its still the only way nrl fans in melbourne can watch league live on friday night footy! (Apart from going to a dodgy pub and watching imparja)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Any alternatives that aren't garbage (ie. buffering every two seconds)? A PM would be great.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

devo i was just about to watch souths roosters there goes watching storm away ganes this year. f@*k you channel nein
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Plenty of options guys. Nrl fix was but just one. Nrl is kidding if they think they can beat people power!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

HELL YEAH :twisted:
Watched both Friday games tonight from different sources
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Bourbon & hailstorm. By the way has main NRL site been down for everyone tonight. Maybe a revenge Hack Attack lol. It was the NRL that shut NRLFIX down, Skysports were actually allowing them to stream from New Zealand.

Edit NRL site finally back up. Why cant they let Melbourne fans access International stream.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

FFS!

They can shut NRLfix down but they can't get Channel Nein to honour their contract????
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bugger, there goes one option. I`ll have to try another. I posted this in another thread and got a couple of replys ( thanks again to those guys ;) ) but any suggestions would be most welcome.
Surandy wrote:FFS!
They can shut NRLfix down but they can't get Channel Nein to honour their contract????
I was thinking the same thing. How is it that the can get an internet site shut down but they can`t manage to make CH Nein honour their contract >:(
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I get the feeling that the Internet Fraud Watchdog is one of those companies that try to unfairly bully and threaten sites (and regular people). You might have heard of legal companies that send threatening letters to as many people as they can find who have allegedly (they never have any legitimate evidence) downloaded music from the internet. It's a new kind of business - bullying people into paying money. I'm not saying that IFW do that - I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

IFW Looks like the internet version of a sleazy debt collection agency. :evil:
Uses threats - innuendo & bully tactics for big companies,so they can 'look' like they are 'protecting' their services...................RIGHT ::)
FIRST YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE A SERVICE WORTH PROTECTING :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Peer 2 Peer TV ? http://www.ifwonline.com/clients/peer-to-peer.htm

I'm using THEIR definition here OK.
Peer to peer sharing is a growing Internet-based fraudulent activity. Peer to peer sharing is not illegal in its own right, unless the contents being shared are subject to copyright restrictions.
So.....................If I'm watching a Free to Air broadcast online via live streaming how is this different from watching that same broadcast on my laptop via a USB tuner ?
It's a very grey area & people like IFW feed on the fringe.
turna
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey guys, i was using nrlfix, now im screwed. Did a google search and came to find a discussion on here. Any help would be appreciated in getting to see the games.

Sucks I'm a noob here.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Glad I have foxtel.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

The NRL site was down again on Saturday night.