Why the Storm penalties could be revised

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

JAMIE wrote:OK, so going off what you are saying, you are perfectly happy for people responsible for salary cap breaches to be still there because you think that if they replicate a similar situation, the Melbourne Storm are protected by what you've listed?
Is that what you are saying?

And yes, I agree that a journalist's word isn't set in stone. But when respected Rugby League legends such as Phil Gould validate these concerns, of course the wider rugby league community will respect and believe what they are saying. Because, Phil Gould, like us, love football and understand how things work.

It's all well and good to stick heads in sand, but News Ltd's slogan of moving on is designed for us to forget about the Forgotten years (2007 and 2009). It's up to us as individuals to go one of two ways:
a) Listen to what News Ltd tells us, and follow their subtle but extremely persistant advice of "Moving On'. Thus, condoning the fact that the club still has News Ltd appointed employees directly involved with what happened in similar posts.
Or
b) Trust in what we see with our own eyes. Make judgements based and our own impressions. And fight something that we believe is not only detrimental to our club, but to the game of footy in general.
oh yes, Phil gus Gould.

Good coach, knows plenty about footy. Knows little about anything off it. Gus Gould is the same man that predicted the Storm to finish where?

Gus knows little about what goes on inside the NRL HQ at moore park.

Either way, news limited employees will remain at the Storm until the club is sold. Even then without a big effort aimed at removing them all they remain at the club after its sold.

Now you can either start bagging every move they make or find out about what exactly they are doing. Or you can bitch about them online and get sued by members of the club. Whatever way, its up to each individual person.

I don't support news limited, but i think Gauci has been unfairly pre-judged by many and others have been to crutical. Compared to other CEO's Gauci is a solid and good CEO in limited time.

I have every faith, that Melbourne (the only team in the seconded biggest market of the country) keep getting good crowds and members then they will remain in the comp regardless of anything else.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

The Melbourne Storm start moving on from all this with a great win against Manly on Saturday night. That game was a defining moment for the Storms future. It's just a shame that all this is going on whole some people are still living in the past and trying to get old penalties thrown out the window. Very poor form if you ask me.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Onlooker - You never actually responded to Diehard_Storm's question, so I ask that you please answer that.

In response to what you are saying, I couldn't disagree with you more. Phil Gould knows plenty about the goings on within the game. In fact you'll find that most journalists and high profile rugby league supporters endorse a lot of what he is. He does rub some people up the wrong way with his direct approach, however, for me personally anyway, I respect that in people. What has made you believe that Phil Gould lacks any knowledge in regards to the running of the game? Is it just his prediction as to where we will finish?

Bourbon_Rat, I hear what you're saying mate. I'm going to send you a PM that I'd like you to read, and I want to know what you make of it?
onlooker
Squall
Squall

JAMIE wrote:Onlooker - You never actually responded to Diehard_Storm's question, so I ask that you please answer that.
I don't think i was even in a conversation with diehard but if i was and i left a question unanswered i apologies and ask for that question to be re-asked.
JAMIE wrote:In response to what you are saying, I couldn't disagree with you more. Phil Gould knows plenty about the goings on within the game. In fact you'll find that most journalists and high profile rugby league supporters endorse a lot of what he is. He does rub some people up the wrong way with his direct approach, however, for me personally anyway, I respect that in people.
I actually agree with this.
JAMIE wrote:What has made you believe that Phil Gould lacks any knowledge in regards to the running of the game? Is it just his prediction as to where we will finish?
Gus knows how to run the game well, Gus knows how to coach well and is great at tactics. Gus is shit at making new rules, and barely rates as a person to listen to in regards of an NRL club administration.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What is it that you base this on?
onlooker
Squall
Squall

JAMIE wrote:What is it that you base this on?
Him confessing it himself.

Often he goes "i have very little idea about how football administration works but ..."
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Do you reckon you could provide any evidence of this?
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Not unless there was a online library of every footy show Gus has been on including the roast for the last 4 years, then had the time to watch each episode.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Stop the c*ck measuring contest already!