Why the Storm penalties could be revised

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thanks Diehard_Storm. You've said all I wanted to say.
One thing I will add is that the Storm are not News ltd. They are the players, the members and supporters in general. That is who the Storm are, and I have, and never will tarnish these things.
Thank you however Onlooker for your best wishes. It's nice to know that even though I respect and trust the 4 sacked directors, and you trust the current news ltd appointed administration, you still wish me luck. And it's much appreciated, Thank you.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it.But if we can recover anyuthing due to the incompetence of Gallop and his NRL cronies at the way they handled this fiasco, then great! I will take it and I challenged anyone with Storm blood running through their veins to call my bluff!
Yes we did wrong. But the punishemtn was not fitting the crime when you consider what those who did the same thing before us got penalised,which was not nearly as great.
We have been absolutely crucified and made an example of which is fine, if we were the first. But we werent. Far from it.
Double standards from an organistion that stinks nearly as much as Waldron and our previous administration did.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:Yeah, good on ya Roy for fighting the good fight but FFS not in a million years will the penalties be reversed!
We've as much chance of Gallop reversing the penalties as Manly has of getting Gallop to apologise for suspending Brett Stewart.

NB: Not that I think he is owed an apology, I actually think Mr David "Consistently Inconsistent" Gallop should have penalised Todd Carney and Benji Marshall given the precedents set with the punishments of Brett Stewart and Greg Inglis.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:
J-Storm wrote:Like M&B, I can't believe people are still banging on about this. It's been almost 12 months, it's water under the bridge, it's time everyone moved on, Storm fans jus as much as the NRL public in general...
Fair enough you dont give a rats but to basically say you dont know why Storm fans are still bitter is a weird thing to say for a Storm fan.
Never said I or any other Storm supporter shouldn't be bitter. I was bitter, for quite a while after it broke last yr. I realised that the Admin did the wrong thing so& we were dealt with, life moves on. I would rather focus on this season & proving people wrong. If we ever get the recognition back, then good. Im not going to berate people forever over it is all. Id rather focus on positive press for us rather than being seen as a blue/purple coloured glass wearer is all...
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it
tis forward to the future I face
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dosnt worry me at all, i focus on moving forward and enjoying what a great year 2011 will be, anything else is water under the bridge.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

But how can you say that when half of the responsible party are still there? You say the admin did the wrong thing and were dealt with. This isn't correct at all - A few of the News Ltd appointed employees are still there.

I ask you this: What if they are responsible for something similar in the future? It would definitely kill us. And to say the won't isn't assured, as who would've thought they'd break all the rules in the first place.

Saying it's water under the bridge is all well and fine, but just remember this - Something similar in the future will spell the end for our club, and with people like these News Ltd employees and News Ltd themselves owning and running the club as they see fit, there's every chance something else will happen. It may not be cap breaches, but anything at all will most likely kill us.

There's bigger issues than supporting the team. We all love our players, we all love our coach, we all love and respect each other, so supporting these people is always a given. You need to look deeper and think of things that don't involve them, things like News Ltd's track record and responsibilty for fraud and the war that nearly killed rugby league in our country.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

JAMIE wrote:But how can you say that when half of the responsible party are still there? You say the admin did the wrong thing and were dealt with. This isn't correct at all - A few of the News Ltd appointed employees are still there.

I ask you this: What if they are responsible for something similar in the future? It would definitely kill us. And to say the won't isn't assured, as who would've thought they'd break all the rules in the first place.

Saying it's water under the bridge is all well and fine, but just remember this - Something similar in the future will spell the end for our club, and with people like these News Ltd employees and News Ltd themselves owning and running the club as they see fit, there's every chance something else will happen. It may not be cap breaches, but anything at all will most likely kill us.
says who?
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Many independent journalists, including many on television media. And in fact a certain amount of News ltd journalists also share this belief.

I ask you this - Do you honestly think we could survive another scandal at the hands of these same people?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe you could dress up in a bat suit and storm the offices of the Storm and News and beat up all the crrooks!
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

HAHA! Think I might be slightly outnumbered in the News Ltd offices ;)
onlooker
Squall
Squall

JAMIE wrote:Many independent journalists, including many on television media. And in fact a certain amount of News ltd journalists also share this belief.

I ask you this - Do you honestly think we could survive another scandal at the hands of these same people?
wow, jorunalist said that?

it must be true, just like all the rumours and 'news' they publish in their newspapers and broadcast over TV and radio. They are never wrong.

To answer your question, a Melbourne team is important to the NRL and the NRL itself won't let it die. They won't even let it die to be replaced by another Melbourne team because of the Storm's existing history and marketing abilities.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

OK, so going off what you are saying, you are perfectly happy for people responsible for salary cap breaches to be still there because you think that if they replicate a similar situation, the Melbourne Storm are protected by what you've listed?
Is that what you are saying?

And yes, I agree that a journalist's word isn't set in stone. But when respected Rugby League legends such as Phil Gould validate these concerns, of course the wider rugby league community will respect and believe what they are saying. Because, Phil Gould, like us, love football and understand how things work.

It's all well and good to stick heads in sand, but News Ltd's slogan of moving on is designed for us to forget about the Forgotten years (2007 and 2009). It's up to us as individuals to go one of two ways:
a) Listen to what News Ltd tells us, and follow their subtle but extremely persistant advice of "Moving On'. Thus, condoning the fact that the club still has News Ltd appointed employees directly involved with what happened in similar posts.
Or
b) Trust in what we see with our own eyes. Make judgements based and our own impressions. And fight something that we believe is not only detrimental to our club, but to the game of footy in general.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Two bits of News Ltd scum are still involved in financial management at the club.
Bringing in an "outside financial officer" is NOT going to change this.
No matter how many brick walls pissed off fans like you & I run at head on
IS ALSO NOT GOING TO CHANGE THIS.
We know the truth & so does every right thinking Storm fan,but it is time to let go.
These people will weave their own rope to hang themselves soon enough.
Let's not let give them something to take us or the club down with them !
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And for the record Mate................
It will be a cold day in hell before I trust anyone at Melbourne Storm who isn't a past or present player or member of the football staff.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields