The social side of Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormFront wrote:
Woody wrote:In this aspect StormFront I`d have to agree. It sounds like the same place that I was going in to and while the guys at the front door weren`t rude they were very definite that I wasn`t allowed in with my daughter. I could have sworn that all of the talk as the place was being built was that there would be a place for families to go and eat at the stadium. Anyway, like I said it wasn`t a major issue for us we just wanted somewhere out of the sun to sit and have a drink while we waited

Hi Woody - as I have children and may take them to the Bench or this place at Crown I asked Ron on his facebook page directly.
I have found him to be approachable and always willing to answer with in a reasonable time... this is exactly what he said....

Ron Gauci .... Rachel. Children are allowed at the Bench prior to the
game and after the game depending on the finish time. As it is a licensed bar,
there are restrictions around children from 11pm I believe. The same applies
at Crown where children are allowed under supervision to a certain time.
We are a family club and want to support this but we are also limited by
legislation around the serving of alcohol in licensed venues. There will be
specific family functions throughout the year as well.
I'm sure I saw an "over 18s only" sign at the entrance to The Bench.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

absentee wrote:
StormFront wrote:
Woody wrote:In this aspect StormFront I`d have to agree. It sounds like the same place that I was going in to and while the guys at the front door weren`t rude they were very definite that I wasn`t allowed in with my daughter. I could have sworn that all of the talk as the place was being built was that there would be a place for families to go and eat at the stadium. Anyway, like I said it wasn`t a major issue for us we just wanted somewhere out of the sun to sit and have a drink while we waited

Hi Woody - as I have children and may take them to the Bench or this place at Crown I asked Ron on his facebook page directly.
I have found him to be approachable and always willing to answer with in a reasonable time... this is exactly what he said....

Ron Gauci .... Rachel. Children are allowed at the Bench prior to the
game and after the game depending on the finish time. As it is a licensed bar,
there are restrictions around children from 11pm I believe. The same applies
at Crown where children are allowed under supervision to a certain time.
We are a family club and want to support this but we are also limited by
legislation around the serving of alcohol in licensed venues. There will be
specific family functions throughout the year as well.
I'm sure I saw an "over 18s only" sign at the entrance to The Bench.
You most certainly did see that - and it was well BEFORE 11pm!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

For a few reasons I could not go to the game...
I would suggest that those that saw this sign contact the club and get clarification or join in the
discussion on Rons facebook page and explain what you saw....

Seems to be differences in what is happening and what is meant to happen....

Lets hope we get this one sorted...

Was the sign up prior to the game? What time did people see this sign roughly?
Was "the Bench" full, mostly empty?

I would like to get a clear understanding of the rules as I would like to take my children along also.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

At the start of last season it was made clear that "The Bench" would only be open to everyone until they obtained a Liquor Licence.
so....................No club venue for family members then - What a surprise ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bourbon Rat wrote:At the start of last season it was made clear that "The Bench" would only be open to everyone until they obtained a Liquor Licence.
so....................No club venue for family members then - What a surprise ::)
We are trying to clarify this as Ron Gauci has stated that kids are welcome at "The Bench" and at the Crown venue until 11pm or as
the law requires....

It seems to be confusing at the moment and I urge everyone to find the right answer from the club and please post back
what information you have found out...

P.S. Last year I had my kids in there after the liquor license was granted... so not sure what is happening...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormFront wrote:Was the sign up prior to the game? What time did people see this sign roughly?
I saw it before the game between 5 and 5:30. I can't say for sure how many people were in there as I only had a quick look on my way past but it didn't look full to me. I'm guessing if there wasn't an "over 18s only" sign it probably would have been full.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

StormFront wrote:For a few reasons I could not go to the game...
I would suggest that those that saw this sign contact the club and get clarification or join in the
discussion on Rons facebook page and explain what you saw....

Seems to be differences in what is happening and what is meant to happen....

Lets hope we get this one sorted...

Was the sign up prior to the game? What time did people see this sign roughly?

I would like to get a clear understanding of the rules as I would like to take my children along also.
Hi StormFront, Thanks for taking it up with Ron for clarification. There was definitely a sign at the front door saying something like "over 18 only" which I hadn`t actually noticed until the guys on the door stopped me. I couldn`t say for sure how many people were in there but it didn`t look crowded and we got to the game about an hour before kickoff so I would say the time was maybe around 6 to 6:30.Cheers