NRL on TV in Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

2011, relaxed anti-syphoning rules, three digital channels yet still sweet lima lima lima duck all NRL on Nein before midnight!

Get rid of Gallop pronto!!! He's the last person we want signing off on any TV rights deal.

I just checked the TV guide for next Friday night and no sign of any NRL games, meaning that they won't start until after midnight.

This is one thing where I agree wholeheartedly with Ron Gauci on, we don't want Storm on FTA as no-one wants to sit up til after midnight to watch the game.

Looks like I'll be joining others in watching illegal streaming of games on the net as I've moved and no longer have Foxtel.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep. As long as I'm being treated like a gimp by Channel 9, the longer I'll be watching live streams into my living room.

God bless the Internet.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

From what I've read, the new rules still aren't official yet. Nine will keep screwing us over for as long as they possibly can - and I'm sure they'll still find some way to keep screwing us even when the new rules do go through.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here's how the conversation between nein executive Sargeant Shultz and Storm officials will go:
Storm: Now that the anti-syphoning rules have been relaxed, how about showing some NRL before midnight on a Friday?
Shultz: What new rules, I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing!
And we miss out again!!!
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:2011, relaxed anti-syphoning rules, three digital channels yet still sweet *lima lima lima duck* all NRL on Nein before midnight!

Get rid of Gallop pronto!!! He's the last person we want signing off on any TV rights deal.

I just checked the TV guide for next Friday night and no sign of any NRL games, meaning that they won't start until after midnight.

This is one thing where I agree wholeheartedly with Ron Gauci on, we don't want Storm on FTA as no-one wants to sit up til after midnight to watch the game.

Looks like I'll be joining others in watching illegal streaming of games on the net as I've moved and no longer have Foxtel.
Those laws haven't been made official and are not law in Australia as yet.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know that we can`t make mention of anything pertaining to illegal practices on here but can someone give me a hint where I might be able to access the streams for the games please. Cheers
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

At least the Ten Network care about their Victorian viewers. Unlike Channel Nein and Seven they will televise a Rugby League show in primetime on Thursday nights in 2011 on their One channel.

Starting this Thursday at 8:30pm to 9:30pm and repeated on Friday at 4:15pm is The Game Plan:
Your weekend begins here as Andrew Moore, Steve 'Blocker' Roach and Joel Caine preview the weekend's NRL and bring you team and injury news. Special guests include David Gallop and new Bronco Ben Hannant.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:At least the Ten Network care about their Victorian viewers. Unlike Channel Nein and Seven they will televise a Rugby League show in primetime on Thursday nights in 2011 on their One channel.

Starting this Thursday at 8:30pm to 9:30pm and repeated on Friday at 4:15pm is The Game Plan:
Your weekend begins here as Andrew Moore, Steve 'Blocker' Roach and Joel Caine preview the weekend's NRL and bring you team and injury news. Special guests include David Gallop and new Bronco Ben Hannant.
That's amazing, I just had a look and it's completely national.

Let's hope they get the rights
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Woody wrote:I know that we can`t make mention of anything pertaining to illegal practices on here but can someone give me a hint where I might be able to access the streams for the games please. Cheers

I really love the NRL but they have to FIX some of these off field issues ;)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ch 10 Thursday 8.30pm "the good wife", Friday 4pm "good chef bad chef", followed by "bold and the beautiful" at 4.30pm

No Game Plan here?????????
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:Ch 10 Thursday 8.30pm "the good wife", Friday 4pm "good chef bad chef", followed by "bold and the beautiful" at 4.30pm

No Game Plan here?????????
One HD.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:
Woody wrote:I know that we can`t make mention of anything pertaining to illegal practices on here but can someone give me a hint where I might be able to access the streams for the games please. Cheers

I really love the NRL but they have to FIX some of these off field issues ;)
Thanks for that T.M., I couldn`t agree more. Cheers ;) ;D
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've been over to Justin's house before to watch Friday night games on his TV. He doesn't always let people come over but sometimes he's cool with it.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:At least the Ten Network care about their Victorian viewers. Unlike Channel Nein and Seven they will televise a Rugby League show in primetime on Thursday nights in 2011 on their One channel.

Did anyone watch this?

I missed most of it because of work. Fortunately I got home just in time to see the Craig Bellamy interview. Seemed to be alright from what I saw of it. Serious discussion about RL with some light hearted joking as opposed to the idiotic attempts at joking on the Nein product.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Put it this way...it was nrl coverage at a decent hour so let's not complain, eh!

There were some meh points like a segment involving geriatrics at a bar....and the guest reporter from the daily tele crap was embarrassing.

But the funniest bit was seeing gallop look like a tool when they showed him getting his nose powdered.

Overall not bad. And better than the crap nein coughs up.