NRL on TV in Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I watched the nrl footy crap show on thursday night and it was a full hour before they even mentioned Storm and I think it was only the fact that we were playing manly they had to mention us.
WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME THE SHOW IS.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think I've watched the NRL Footy Show maybe once or twice. Not worth staying up for. I also watched the first week of the Matty Johns Show - what a waste of time. I enjoyed The Game Plan for the most part, though. I'll be watching next week.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:At least the Ten Network care about their Victorian viewers. Unlike Channel Nein and Seven they will televise a Rugby League show in primetime on Thursday nights in 2011 on their One channel.

Starting this Thursday at 8:30pm to 9:30pm and repeated on Friday at 4:15pm is The Game Plan:
Your weekend begins here as Andrew Moore, Steve 'Blocker' Roach and Joel Caine preview the weekend's NRL and bring you team and injury news. Special guests include David Gallop and new Bronco Ben Hannant.
And now it's gone, relegated to the Nein slot. ie around midnight!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thats only for one week though cause the footy is on thursday they said on the show last week it was on later this week then next week it would come back
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
Surandy wrote:At least the Ten Network care about their Victorian viewers. Unlike Channel Nein and Seven they will televise a Rugby League show in primetime on Thursday nights in 2011 on their One channel.

Starting this Thursday at 8:30pm to 9:30pm and repeated on Friday at 4:15pm is The Game Plan:
Your weekend begins here as Andrew Moore, Steve 'Blocker' Roach and Joel Caine preview the weekend's NRL and bring you team and injury news. Special guests include David Gallop and new Bronco Ben Hannant.
And now it's gone, relegated to the Nein slot. ie around midnight!
replaced by?
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the 1st afl game of the year richmond vs carlton
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:the 1st afl game of the year richmond vs carlton
This will be ongoing.

Fta tv should just stick to reruns of American sitcoms, smutty aca programs, and garbage reality programs.
All sport should be televised on pay tv. Then we'll get proper coverage and more subscribers will drive the price down. Especially if the govt were to subsidize it.

I did notice an interveiw with Bellamy the other night on ch10 news. That was refreshing to see.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm wrote: Fta tv should just stick to reruns of American sitcoms, smutty aca programs, and garbage reality programs.
All sport should be televised on pay tv. Then we'll get proper coverage and more subscribers will drive the price down. Especially if the govt were to subsidize it.
Don't hold ya breath waiting for that to happen ::)

Compared to Europe the deals you get here on pay TV / Phone / net packages are nothing less than legal robbery.
Also lot's of people do not have access to pay tv in their area,so are subject to the even greater form of legal robbery - satellite tv.

Let's just attempt to get the dinosaurs off their collective rear ends & get them to negotiate a decent deal with whichever corporate monster wins the next FTA deal for rugby league.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Go Storm wrote: Fta tv should just stick to reruns of American sitcoms, smutty aca programs, and garbage reality programs.
Don't hold ya breath waiting for that to happen ::)

Compared to Europe the deals you get here on pay TV / Phone / net packages are nothing less than legal robbery.
Also lot's of people do not have access to pay tv in their area,so are subject to the even greater form of legal robbery - satellite tv.

Let's just attempt to get the dinosaurs off their collective rear ends & get them to negotiate a decent deal with whichever corporate monster wins the next FTA deal for rugby league.
That's my point exactly. In the US and Europe their are so many more subscribers they can afford to keep the costs of pay tv down to affordable levels.

As for the dinosaurs. We shall continue our struggle, but don't go holding your breathe now will ya
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NQC v Storm on TV ???
Unless you have access to cable or want to drag your ass to the cashino,(on a Monday night ::) ) you're NOT going to get a chance to watch it right :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.*****tvdotco/ ???
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

f u n n y ::) but was looking for some Monday Night magic
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Channel 9 - Still the Bums!
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

It's ok for those that can afford pay tv to say it shouldn't be on FTA but there are a lot that cannot afford it.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I cant afford it either... am happy if it was free to air - one hour after kick off even... :)
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......