Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Mauritian wrote:Now some late mail that Dane Neilson has a slight injury and could be replaced by Beau Champion. What is it with all these injuries
oh crap, hope it's not true. Was hoping for a Duffie/NielsEn try double :-D
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

might be right at training today dane wasnt running much but in saying that neither was beau
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am sure whoever takes the field today will give it a PURPLE hot shake against manly
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

if beau and dane dont pull up whos next inline? oniel or niko?
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

storming wrote:if beau and dane dont pull up whos next inline? oniel or niko?

Reckon O'Neill will get the gig, as he has experience playing in the first team. Wouldn't mind seeing Niko play, heard some good things bout him.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

WAQAAAAAAAAA ?

nah im so excited about tonights game. its been so long since ive been feeling positive emotions regarding rugby league!

although i would love to see john kite in the team, he plays the kind of rugby that i like to see! (from what hes provided thus far)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our backs are so skinny!!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Half time Storm 6 - Manly 6. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed so far, bit of rusty ball handling but our scramble defence is still awesome. Chase Stanley has been awesome when he isnt falling over injured lol. Jesse Bromwich looking great, Sika destructive, billy and coops haven't clicked yet. Great game to watch.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh man that feels so good! Stanley is a beast, just has to stay injury free.
Duffie was awesome in defense and that try saver on T-Rex was unbelievable.

I thought we started slow but slowly got into our rhythm. Widdop's try assist was Joey Johns like.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storm 18 - Womanly 6. lol at the commentators saying its cold Melbourne night its F$&cking 25 degrees at 9.30pm you Sydney tool. Players were sweating like a river. Chase Stanley = awesome, man of match for me. Is it just me or do the refs get worse every year lol. We were a bit rusty but gee our defence good as ever. All the backs played well Oneill Neilson Duffie. Don't know what happened to Quinn but he will struggle to get in team as will Champion. I still want to see Niko at some stage. Norrie & Bromwich were great as was Manu and Blair. Smith his usual awesome, Billy dangerous as always even when he hasn't played since four nations. Overall I'm rapt Manly will be a good team this year, and we are back baby.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our redzone attack will get better. Early on in the game I was a little worried because we were tackled twice on the last. I thought Bromwiche was good too.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The ref's were shit-house, so were Manly. Cherry-Evans did alright, Brett Stewart didn't get injured, but he was miles off Billy in terms of speed/involvement. Wouldn't have minded seeing Hopoate at fullback actually.

Jason King will get two weeks and George Rose is still a fat *lima lima lima duck*.

Chase Stanley looked in all sorts or trouble with his knee, hell of a game though! Duffie, O'Neil and Neilson all did nice things, Especially Neilson in defense. God I hope Sika stays injury free, he's such a weapon.

WE HAVE POINTS! WOO.

And Billy is still the best player in the world, he has lost nothing after not playing for 5 months.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Loved Neilson's game.
The game itself wasn't much to watch, but I thought we showed our trademark defensive game which,if it keeps up, will stand usin good stead.
Gee 2 points for the win feels good doesn't it?
lima lima lima duck I love this football club. :-D
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

definately a scrappy win but 2 points is 2 points..... stanley the stand out.... and sika had a strong game.... loved slaters 2 hits on brett stewart. :lol: we can only get better from here i feel because manly definately had nothing....... GO STORM... TOP OF THE TABLE :-D
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

oh crap, hope it's not true. Was hoping for a Duffie/NielsEn try double :-D[/quote]

And you got it good call