Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Some interesting takes on Round 1 over at The Silvertails
This comment cracks me up...................
The opposition was ordinary as expected but completed their sets better as most Bellamy coached sides do.
:lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our opposition WAS ORDINARY :-D
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

PurpleBlooded wrote:Photo i took from my seat tonight.

Nice pic..wish I could have been there.
I cheered loud from my lounge last night.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

We must be stupid as well because we couldn't understand what Billy Later #1 meant!! I'm glad we weren't the only ones!

The crowd in the corner where the Manly supporters were sitting was quite 'animated' - well until there was 20 minutes to go and they all started to leave!!! One weird thing I noted was that there were a heap of Manly supporters who spent the whole match facing backwards - watching the big screen behind them. If you want to watch it on TV - stay at home and watch it on TV! They must breed them a little strange on the Northern Beaches. :P
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

sharks paul aiton was sent off in the 74th minute of the game aginst raiders for a HEADBUTT on joel thompson.
After last season I thought headbutts were ok.(or is it only for some?)
the nrl never fail to disappoint me with their INCONSISTENCIES.. :bootyshake:
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just finished watching foxtel replay here are some pearlers from Andy Raymond

1. "A small Storm crowd"
2. "On a coolish Melbourne night"

I may have misheard and someone might want to challenge this but I couldn't be bothered replaying these stupid comments as I may have done some serious damage to the Telly.

Does anyone know who the guy was running round in the purple shiny jump suit. I thought Storm Man had been given the flick
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:Just finished watching foxtel replay here are some pearlers from Andy Raymond

1. "A small Storm crowd"

WTF? The air con in the commentary box must've been blaring because it sure as shit wasn't coolish. I just had a look at the weather details and it was 29.1 when the game started and dropped to a freezing 27.7 when the game finished. Not that i needed to do that because anyone with half a brain would know how warm and sticky it was last night. I've always known the bloke is a deadset dickhead and this only confirms it.

Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

mystormboys wrote:Just finished watching foxtel replay here are some pearlers from Andy Raymond

1. "A small Storm crowd"

I may have misheard and someone might want to challenge this but I couldn't be bothered replaying these stupid comments as I may have done some serious damage to the Telly.

Does anyone know who the guy was running round in the purple shiny jump suit. I thought Storm Man had been given the flick
Yeah mate, your 100% correct with those two outrageous calls, the commentary team last night consisted of Andy Raymond, Laurie Daley and Brett Kimmorley on sideline duties and all in all it was absolutely terrible.

It's like I was listening to first timers trying to read the names out of the big league whilst trying to keep up with the play, several mistakes between both Laurie and Andy. Brett was a good player but someone should tell him to comb his hair once in a while and stop answering questions pre-prepared. Being a Sydney member I was watching on the tele, and the crowd which beats our average sounded very vocal and hostile which was really great to see (well done to those 15 thousand Melbournians).

On the game: Great first up effort by the boys, thought like the rest of you Chase, Cam and Nielsen lead from the front. I was also impressed by Troy Thompson, very good off the bench hit and ran hard. Bit disappointed however with Lowe, looks underdone and only had a quick 10 min. stint at the start of the game when we needed our forward movement, I think Sione Kite or Atelea Vea would prosper with a starting front row spot. Coops and Gareth i think clicked well, and with fine tuning with our kicking game and stamping our those little mistakes I can see us beating more than a few teams.

Great start to the season !!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote:Image

Back where we belong.
And now we are third.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
onlooker
Squall
Squall

stormy wrote:sharks paul aiton was sent off in the 74th minute of the game aginst raiders for a HEADBUTT on joel thompson.
After last season I thought headbutts were ok.(or is it only for some?)
the nrl never fail to disappoint me with their INCONSISTENCIES.. :bootyshake:
It's not up to the NRL, its up to the referees association.

And you know there has been a cracked down for this season by the refs to the way it should be, not the way it was last year.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
onlooker
Squall
Squall

1. "A small Storm crowd"

Well i can't talk about the temperature, watching on TV it didn't look like a big crowd. The official records show that it was just above 14k, the reason it sounded loud on the tele as some have said is because AAMI Park echoes the sounds around the stadium.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

During the first half he also said as Duffie was catching the ball that Manly's kick/chase is so good they will pin him down. Duffie passed the ball to Salter, who passed the ball to Dane and Dane run to the 55 metre mark before being tackled!!!!! Manly's chase was as good as Andy's calling of the game.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really dont know why but from my TV i could tell it was a hot night. Everyone seemed a little slower and Cam had a little too much sweat on his arm. :lol:
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy just a little reminder for you and Noa about your bet last year,

This is what you wrote;

This has become a battle of the five eigths  haha.

$50 (fake ones  ) On my man Luke Kelly to beat out your boy Gareth Widdop.If Widdop gets the nod I'll get a banner on here all about Widdop lol. 

My the best man win.

Luke "Freshy" Kelly.

(In case it isnt clear, this is all in good spirit) 

Well, looking forward to seeing your fake ones and don't forget the banner
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bula wrote:I really dont know why but from my TV i could tell it was a hot night. Everyone seemed a little slower and Cam had a little too much sweat on his arm. :lol:
A few big mossies and other insects flying around all night. Reminded me of one of those humid nights up in Townsville.