Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Johns
Squall
Squall

Anyone know what happened to Quinn?
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Lucky for Melbourne that Lyon and Ballin went off injured early otherwise we would have lost this game
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Keep taking the little frog pills son :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOOHOO Great effort Storm
STORM boys looked lean and fit. Not like the tubs of lard manly
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

heraldsun1 wrote:Lucky for Melbourne that Lyon and Ballin went off injured early otherwise we would have lost this game
You need to get a life kid, and if you are in fact an adult.......well thats just embarrassing. You need to get some friends and get out more
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormy wrote:WOOHOO Great effort Storm
STORM boys looked lean and fit. Not like the tubs of lard manly
That's a terrible thing to say about their fans :twisted: :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surprising we haven't heard from the eagle for a while maybe his alter ego is heraldsun1
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And the Storm faces finally got put too good use :-D
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I thought Stanley, Duffie & Neilson were all outstanding. Widdop did a lot of good things out there as well. Most of the forwards only did what they had to which was enough when shared around. Manu was DEF the standout of them though. Still don't know if Lowrie was our best ever buy, jus' can't get the guy myself. I thought Cooper & Billy were a lil' flatter than usual to be honest...

All in all I think the year can only get better. I look it at this way, we have 2 more points than we did all las' year Baby... Whooooooo...!!!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

How good was Stanley?

Strong in defense, a spark in attack. A try, re-injured four times but stayed on the field.

Fantastic, i have always rated this kid ... now i think i have my first favourite player in a while.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Back where we belong.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ryan Hinchcliffe looked like Dallas johnson out there. He played the exact same style as DJ, and did just as good a job. He was my player of the match. His defence was outstanding. Stuck everything keep the middle of the ruck extremely tight. He was usually A or B Defender and kept the area around the ruck really safe.

Neilsen was great as well. Took a lot of the donkey work rucking the pill out of our own end. The Duff did it well too.

One thing, I;d really like to see Proctor run and unders line. He always runs an over. He was playing wider trying I think, to play a Ryan Hoffman type role, however Hoffman would always run unders. I suppose he will learn.

Cameron Smith - Outstanding.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

troy thompson is a forward who runs straight and does a forwards job . i approve of this player

blair continues to telegraph his moves, does his little stuttering step and then gets tackled after 3 steps. all the other forwards keep running on from sideline to sideline.
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

onlooker wrote:How good was Stanley?

Strong in defense, a spark in attack. A try, re-injured four times but stayed on the field.

Fantastic, i have always rated this kid ... now i think i have my first favourite player in a while.
Same for me, now that Finch is gone.
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Photo i took from my seat tonight.