Storm Family Day?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

About the time that memberships came out a couple of people on The Bai Stand made mention of the Storm family day being on Friday 4 March.

Has anyone heard anymore?

It is only virtually a week away surely they would have announced something officially by now or at least sent an email out. (I don't follow Storm on Facebook or Twitter).
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's on the site.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tucked away on the club website.
AFAIK - NO ONE was notified by Email or snail mail.
It's a whole new way of 'communicating' with your fans ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Bourbon Rat and absentee, that will teach me to scroll down on the front page of the website. I looked on site before I posted this topic and didn't see it when I first opened the website. I went to events calendar assuming it would be there and there is nothing on that either.

Based on the comments on here a few weeks ago I had penciled it in. Thanks for confirming it.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Should be called Storm's silent night. Friday night 5-8pm is not the most family-friendly hours in a week. Regretfully my family will have to give this one a miss. :(
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought it was called - pick up tickets evening ;D

I just hope they are ready to be collected.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Never mind picking up tickets i want mine delivered to my door before the 12th of March :x
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

BIG JIM wrote:Never mind picking up tickets i want mine delivered to my door before the 12th of March :x
I was told when I renewed that they're supposed to be sent out next week - although I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't arrive until the week after. I just want everything to be there - last year there was about a month's delay for the Premiers Club keychain to be sent out.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So, I rock up to 'famiy day' (which is ironic as I did not see that many kids...funnily enough).

I get there @ 5pm on the dot. Surprise surprise a long disorganised queue confronted me to pick up my prepaid membership.

I waited 1 hour to move 25m. The line when I left stretch over 100m - meaning most would spend ALL of family day in a queue just to pick up memberships!

Seriosly - serving each long line was one (one!) Person who had to search, stuff and pack your bag. No help at all. It was poor.

Heaven help us if you wanted to sign up for new memberships. They were stuffed next to the long queues but you couldn't tell if you had to join the queue or skip it. And if you did skip it, the person serving you had to do it at expense of serving an existing member who had queued for probably over an hour.

I thought they hired a new 'exec' to look after memberships. Imho - its the same ol shit. Lift your game Storm.

That said - waiting an hour would still be better than the queue for next week.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Diehard_Storm wrote:So, I rock up to 'famiy day' (which is ironic as I did not see that many kids...funnily enough).

I get there @ 5pm on the dot. Surprise surprise a long disorganised queue confronted me to pick up my prepaid membership.

I waited 1 hour to move 25m. The line when I left stretch over 100m - meaning most would spend ALL of family day in a queue just to pick up memberships!

Seriosly - serving each long line was one (one!) Person who had to search, stuff and pack your bag. No help at all. It was poor.

Heaven help us if you wanted to sign up for new memberships. They were stuffed next to the long queues but you couldn't tell if you had to join the queue or skip it. And if you did skip it, the person serving you had to do it at expense of serving an existing member who had queued for probably over an hour.

I thought they hired a new 'exec' to look after memberships. Imho - its the same ol shit. Lift your game Storm.

I'm a positive person so i'm going to focus on the positives here.

The line was long which means there are lots of members :-D
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Diehard_Storm wrote:So, I rock up to 'famiy day' (which is ironic as I did not see that many kids...funnily enough).

The line was 100M? Where were you standing. 25M at best. 15min wait yes could of been faster. Myself the wife and the two boys hour and a half job done. By all means complain but dont get carried away. 100M dreaming.

Its so close to the start I can almost taste it!!!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

100m 1 1/2 hours ur dreaming and if that did happen u shouldve went at 730 there were maybe 5 people in the line and it took us 5 minutes to get everything.....stop complaining about everything and enjoy the club
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

After having major issues with my membership payment being taken out in full instead of instalments.
Which caused a few problems for me financially, I had thought I was all in the clear.....

Head to the family night with my kids... and unlike others I did see lots of kids... all of which were
having a fantastic time... but I agree a family event should be a Sunday afternoon not a Friday night..

Anyway I get in the queue which at 5:15pm was not that long maybe 8 people in front... it took 50 minutes
to get served only to be told there was an issue with my membership and it was not available.... but I could
queue at the first game to receive it... hmmm sorry mate not happening I am here have queued with kids
to get my membership..... so I demanded it be expressed posted to me... will not hold my breath
but once again I really think the Storm have dropped the ball on memberships - at least for me.
The person behind me was not able to get his membership either....

Not sure what is happening but as a long time member I have found the whole membership process
to be poorly managed with major problems occuring most years.... they have got to get this sorted.

All that being said whilst I am far from happy with the membership process. My kids had a wonderful night
with lots of things to do and they loved it, running around and smiling all night long...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Was there a big crowd? The photos I've seen look pretty meagre compared to real family days as opposed to tonight's unfamily friendly evening.

I couldn't make it as I didn't finish work til 6pm and I wasn't prepared to battle the traffic and parking to get there in time for maybe the last 20 or 30 minutes.

Did they mention any details about the Round 1 game? What time do gates open? From what time will they be available to pick up membership packs? Are the SG Ball team playing at Aami Park that afternoon?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was also working until 6.30 so couldn't make it but all things considered being on a Friday evening it looked to be a pretty good crowd there judging by the video. Even so hopefully next year they have it on the weekend to give many more people a chance of attending, the best one was a couple years ago when they had it at Princes Park on the Saturday right before we played the trial against the Knights.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... ng-success