Storm Family Day?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I got there at about 4.45 and was 3rd in my line - it took about 15 minutes to get to the front - the staff were looking frazzled already!! I was extremely excited to have my membership cards in my hands. Had a quick look around and headed home. The pet memberships were not ready (no big deal) and I was told that they would be sent out (no idea when).

A few WTF! moments - the merchandise tent was basically selling all of last years leftovers with ME bank on the front. Also when I was leaving I saw a tent (empty) offering photos with players for $15! ($18 for non members). What the f*%k? There was nobody there!! Would you pay $15 for a photo??

An OK crowd were there early. I do still feel a little let down by the Storm administration. I really thought they would make an extra effort to get it right this year in light of the events in 2010 - oh well. Can't wait for next week! I'm even more excited that Billy will be playing.

See you all next week at AAMI park.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry to tell you mahoobla I along with a few hundred other people got my photo taken with the boys for $15 to be honest i think thats a pretty good price for professional pics and it looks great too so i have no problem there 8)
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

mahoobla wrote:Also when I was leaving I saw a tent (empty) offering photos with players for $15! ($18 for non members). What the f*%k? There was nobody there!! Would you pay $15 for a photo??
What time were you leaving? The only time the players weren't there were when the groups were swapping over, they were heading for the stage and at the end when they had already stopped taking photos for the night - I would know since Mum & I were the very last people to get a photo

Worth the $15 because you had at least 6 or 7 players in the shot with you & it's not from a dodgey digital camera.

Best family days i've been to were a few years ago when the players used to wander around mingling with fans & then play a trial game afterwards
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I stand corrected! :-D

I guess I am just used to the old days when all the players would be wandering around and you could stop and chat and have a photo with whoever you liked for nothing.

Granted I was at the Family Day early and was there for about 45 minutes - in that time I didn't see a single player. To be honest, I was really only there to pick up my membership - I have enough photos!!

Glad to hear that other people had a great time.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The players showed up not long after you left from the sounds of things ;)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I started work early that day so I could finish early enough to grab my 4yo from crèche, shower her, feed her, and catch a train in. Personally i found it to be very thrown together at last minute. She had a ball, and that's why we went. I'm not into crowding players and seeking photographs.
The boys were very funny on stage, but my daughter didn't get an answer to her question of "who will smash Brett Stewart next week". I suppose we'll find out on Saturday night.

GO STORM!!!!!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:The boys were very funny on stage, but my daughter didn't get an answer to her question of "who will smash Brett Stewart next week". I suppose we'll find out on Saturday night.
Haha. That's quite a question for a four year old.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah loved the little one that said to Billy - I've got a lizard named Billy Slater - thats what its all about
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know that family and her brother's lizard is named Cooper Cronk. But he was to shy to tell him.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:
Go Storm wrote:The boys were very funny on stage, but my daughter didn't get an answer to her question of "who will smash Brett Stewart next week". I suppose we'll find out on Saturday night.
Haha. That's quite a question for a four year old.
Yeah, she didn't quite spit it out, but Cactus heard me whisper it to her and asked the players. The little girl with the lizard was a crack up!! I bet Billy copped heaps after that.

My daughter was buzzing all day and night, and still is. She wanted to go to AAMI to watch a game, and when i explained the season didn't start 'till next week she said she was going. She wasn't originally coming with me on Saturday (I usually just take her to day games) but there's no way she'll have it any other way. She's allways been Storm crazy, but this year she's gone nuts!!
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

So many cute kid stories coming out of the family day event, wish I could of been there to see it.