Lima faces disciplinary action after one match

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Former Melbourne Storm prop Jeff Lima is facing disciplinary action just one match into his Super League career.

The New Zealand international who joined the Warriors in the off-season, has been charged by the RFL's match review panel with two offences from his debut - a 16-16 draw with St Helens in Cardiff on Saturday.

Lima is charged with making dangerous tackles on both centre Sia Soliola and Jon Wilkin and will face the disciplinary committee on Tuesday. They are grade C offences which carry a suspension of up to three matches.

Two other players were also cited as a result of alleged fouls during the opening round of Super League matches at the Millennium Stadium.

Wakefield centre Aaron Murphy has been charged with making a dangerous throw in his side's 40-20 defeat by Castleford, whose prop Steve Snitch is facing a grade B charge of using undue pressure on the shoulder of the Wildcats forward Paul Johnson.

They will also appear in front of the disciplinary panel, along with Salford hooker Wayne Godwin, who was sent off for running in and punching Crusaders captain Clinton Schifcofske after the final whistle of his side's 42-12 defeat.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He will miss the WCC
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Watched that game & although Jeff showed some Storm like aggression in his tackles neither of the ones he was cited for even LOOKED like what is called a chicken wing tackle.As for little Miss Wilkin,(please sir the big man hurt me ::) )
What a low act but not unexpected from that particular Saints player.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Oh... I was looking forward to seeing all three of our guys in action, but now Hoffy will be the only one holding the baton for them... ah well!
Wigan won yesterday, so they're carrying good momentum into the WCC... hopefully they can post a win! And hopefully Hoffman will get another try on the board then!
Wigan's my Super League team now... I'm even seeing them when I go to Europe in June!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

superstar5677 wrote: Wigan's my Super League team now... I'm even seeing them when I go to Europe in June!
OUCH ! Tough month.They only play one home game in June.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bourbon Rat wrote:
superstar5677 wrote: Wigan's my Super League team now... I'm even seeing them when I go to Europe in June!
OUCH ! Tough month.They only play one home game in June.
Oh, I'm back in London in July, so I'm going to see their game against the Harlequins on July the 9th at the Stoop! :)