Trial games in country Victoria

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The club did come out and say excatly that when the trails were annouced
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:The club did come out and say excatly that when the trails were annouced
If you look hard enough the trials for every club have been announced already

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... 011-trials

Melbourne Storm will kick start its 2011 pre-season with a trial match against two Queensland Cup sides, including new feeder club, Brisbane Easts.

The trial, to be played in Brisbane, will be one of three the Storm will play in February as Craig Bellamy looks to tinker with combinations in order to determine his best possible side for the club’s blockbuster Round One showdown against Manly.

Bellamy’s men will open their pre-season on Friday, February 11, where they will face Brisbane Easts for two 20-minute quarters and fellow Queensland Cup side Ipswich Jets for another two quarters.

Storm has also secured trials against Canberra Raiders in Bega on Saturday, February 19 and Brisbane at Redcliffe on Saturday, February 26.

The trial against the Raiders will take place following the Storm’s Community Carnival activities on the New South Wales south coast. The Storm will be based at the resort town of Merimbula in the week leading up to the trial and will be participating in a number of community activities that will include two ‘super clinics’ involving hundreds of junior rugby league players.

Bellamy said the trial period would give his players the best possible opportunity to put their credentials forward ahead of the season commencing.

“The pre-season trial period will be without doubt one of the most important of times for a number of our players,” said Bellamy.

“The entire squad has been working incredibly hard already this pre-season and I’m sure that once February arrives they’ll be more than ready for a game of rugby league.

“We want to make sure that we are in the best possible shape as a team entering Round One and we’re confident these three games will help us reach that point.”

Logistical reasons, including the availability of grounds in Melbourne during February, were factors in the Storm’s decision to play three trial matches on the road.

However Melbourne-based Storm supporters won’t have to wait long to see their team in action with Storm set to face off against fierce rivals Manly in an opening round blockbuster at AAMI Park.

Storm will open the 2011 season with nine of their first 13 games at AAMI Park, including four of their first five.

Took 2 minutes on google which directed me to that
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

maybe you only needed to say this part

'Logistical reasons, including the availability of grounds in Melbourne during February, were factors in the Storm’s decision to play three trial matches on the road.'

we knew the rest

took me 30 seconds to read your post and work that out
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

onlooker wrote:What the *lima lima lima duck* is with smartarses on this site.

That is not going to help anything.
It doesn't deter from the fact that he has a point!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

simo wrote:Around Storms first few years in the comp they had Storm staff go to the schools in the Goulburn Valley district, which resulted in a Rugby League Tournement with a large number of schools participating.

Thats right.. victorian country schools fielding league teams!!

The winning school > Mooroopna was meant to go to Melbourne to play agaisnt a team down there. But the school wouldnt send them.

I know this because my mate played in the team that won.
My mate said no one from the Storm came back to his school since his time there.
Storm trivia; where did they play their first game and who was it against? Bear in mind this is a thread about TRIALS ;)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote: Storm trivia; where did they play their first game and who was it against? Bear in mind this is a thread about TRIALS ;)
Knowing where, when and who won, let me add this. What colour was the jersey?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

TC wrote:
LESStar58 wrote: Storm trivia; where did they play their first game and who was it against? Bear in mind this is a thread about TRIALS ;)
Knowing where, when and who won, let me add this. What colour was the jersey?
I'm gunna guess - White??
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep. Anyone remember who scored the first try? I can't.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scott Hill
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sorry, Scott Hill was the try scorer in our first NRL game. Brett Kimmorleywas the first try scoreer in the trail games
onlooker
Squall
Squall

ahh why am i reading about the rebels?

I thought they played that other code, don't the storm play league?
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

onlooker wrote:ahh why am i reading about the rebels?

I thought they played that other code, don't the storm play league?
I think it's illustrating,(reinforcing) once again. That all the previous good work done to build a rapport & an RL presence in country Victoria has now been squandered by allowing a rival to fill the void.

NOT that the current club admin reads this forum or gives a shit for that matter ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields