2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My mate told me Kearnsy was on SEN this morning and apparently the aim is to get 13K members this year. Personally i think it'd be a great achievement if we can get very close to or matching last years numbers (which i'm pretty confident we will) but i reckon 13K is a bit out of reach for this year. Love to be proven wrong though ;)
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Freeze wrote:StormFront,

Mine is a postal one so there goes that theory :)
Bugger....

I rang again yesterday still not processed my membership ...
But I bet they will not delay in taking the money out.....
grrrrrrrr... fear we will be lining up twice for memberships.

Fingers crossed they get it going this weekend....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I renewed online on Thursday 4th of February and payment was taken out of my account on the 7th (last Monday) I'm getting my pack posted only because i didn't want to pick up at the game and have to carry everything when we went out later. I'm not sure if that means it'll be sent soonish but i honestly don't care either way, as long as i'm in my seat at kick off the first game that's all that matters.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

No nothing will be sent out until just before the first game. I rang and asked,
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:No nothing will be sent out until just before the first game. I rang and asked,
As long as it is before round 1. I'd hate to have to have to join a que anything like that one at Etihad last year for the game against the Dragqueens.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given the lateness of the membership roll out i've got a feeling they will have to hand many of them out on round 1 unfrotunately. If thet's the case what they should really be doing is instead of providing just one tent to handle the load they should supply a few with plenty of people manning each one to cut down the queues. Have something like seperate lines for all surnames from A-C, D-F, H-J etc It's been done plenty of times before and it seems to be the most efficient way. It'll take a few people to take care of each line but that's what they'll have to do after they released the memberships so late.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I, my son and daughter all paid over $8.00 in postage, like many other members. I better have my whole families membership in my mail box before the first game or there will be trouble. I am not lining up at a game or a family day with thousands of other members for a service I paid for.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I totally agree with you there Glenn and it's exactly why i paid the postage so i wouldn't have to line up. I was more talking about the ones who chose not to, just because they didn't it shouldn't mean the have to queue for who knows how long just to get their stuff.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I queued up because I wanted to collect the members hat - I had already received my membership in the mail (well, most of it). Bad idea. It got to the point where I wanted to leave but didn't because I had already been waiting for quite a while. If they're going to have collections again this year, they need to organise it better. Also, they need to make sure the lines aren't blocking the entire walkway.

For what it's worth, the woman I spoke to when renewing said they'll send out memberships in the first week of March. Hopefully that turns out to be true.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote:Given the lateness of the membership roll out i've got a feeling they will have to hand many of them out on round 1 unfrotunately. If thet's the case what they should really be doing is instead of providing just one tent to handle the load they should supply a few with plenty of people manning each one to cut down the queues. Have something like seperate lines for all surnames from A-C, D-F, H-J etc It's been done plenty of times before and it seems to be the most efficient way. It'll take a few people to take care of each line but that's what they'll have to do after they released the memberships so late.

Totally agree.... a few separate tents for various letters... also makes it easier to find memberships, faster and you safe time.
Will not queue with 2 kids for very long, as it is not fair so am hoping that it runs smoothly and quickly.....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Checked today and finally the payment has been processed (They must be working over the weekend to get caught up :-D ). The Storm membership page on the web site also shows my membership valid until Oct 2011. It's taken 3 weeks but I'm happy now :-D :-D. Just have to see if they can get all four membership packages sent out correct and on time.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Still waiting for my payment to be processed - I suspect I was a little further down the pile!! I'll wait another week and then chase them up. It looks like they are working through them.....

I am counting down the weeks until the season starts - I am getting excited!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Your membership is due to expire on 10-Oct-2011.
Now all I need is a date when the pack can be picked up :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

From the few supporters I've talked to it sounds like General Admission is the area of choice in 2011.

A few of us have downgraded and one or two are taking out memberships for the first time. If this is typical of the membership base then it could be a bit crowded at the ends of the ground.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:From the few supporters I've talked to it sounds like General Admission is the area of choice in 2011.

A few of us have downgraded and one or two are taking out memberships for the first time. If this is typical of the membership base then it could be a bit crowded at the ends of the ground.
Cool, I am going to go this option.