2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
heraldsun1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Can someone please advise when 2011 memberships will go on sale. The website just says "coming soon"

Cheers
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

They're supposed to go on sale sometime this month. Supposed to.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We're all waiting.......................erm ?
PATIENTLY :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:We're all waiting.......................erm ?
PATIENTLY :twisted:

that it great rat!!!

since i live in qld and haven't been a member YET (when they finally come out this year i will see what they offer) i have a question - when you get your membership, when are you able to put it to use?

i know it would be good to have them out before xmas and be building the numbers and $$ for the club but what are you missing out on from getting it b4 xmas or getting it next week for example?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's not what you're missing out on - It's will you have your membership BEFORE the season starts ?
Sending out forms to existing members,(and those 'new' members that registered an interest) is just the start of a quite large paper chase,(or for some a cyber chase).
Then there is the stress & drama of finding available funds,which in January/February can be horrendous,(tis the season for utility bills,etc RIGHT !)

After 13 years of them 'trying to get it right' some of us are just tired of the excuses & outright bullshit :-[
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

fair point i spose :) as long as when they finally bring them out they show some loyalty to you previous members
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:It's not what you're missing out on - It's will you have your membership BEFORE the season starts ?
Sending out forms to existing members,(and those 'new' members that registered an interest) is just the start of a quite large paper chase,(or for some a cyber chase).
Then there is the stress & drama of finding available funds,which in January/February can be horrendous,(tis the season for utility bills,etc RIGHT !)

After 13 years of them 'trying to get it right' some of us are just tired of the excuses & outright bullshit :-[

Well said,I could not agree more
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

really not acceptable at this time of the year and I dont care what went on last year.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:It's not what you're missing out on - It's will you have your membership BEFORE the season starts ?
Agreed!

I hope we aren't in for yet another shmozzle with having to queue up on game day Round 1 or later to pick up our membership packs!!!

They will be cutting it fine once again with trying to get membership cards out to members in time which is really bad considering we play so many home games in the early part of the 2011 season.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't quiet get whats going on? is this business as usual for The Bleak City Storms?

We've had people bitch because they didn't have theirs for christmas.....or had the
unusual problem of a missing hat which was located and supplied recently to those
who hadn't got theirs yet
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:
They will be cutting it fine once again with trying to get membership cards out to members in time which is really bad considering we play so many home games in the early part of the 2011 season.
And this year we don't have the "luxury" of a late start at home.

I noticed today that the site finally changed with a new "The Storm is Gathering - Are you ready?" slogan. Perhaps this is an indication that we might actually see something happen soon.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Eagle wrote:I don't quiet get whats going on? is this business as usual for The Bleak City Storms?

We've had people bitch because they didn't have theirs for christmas.....or had the
unusual problem of a missing hat which was located and supplied recently to those
who hadn't got theirs yet
This would be the third time in approx. 5 years that memberships have gone on sale post-Christmas (ie in the New Year). 5 years ago they made changes to packages and wanted to get it right. Last year it was because of the new Stadium which was still under construction (which is the most plausible reason and would have been ok if it was a once off).

This year it is because of new administration staff and changing membership packages incorporating feedback from member's survey.

Surely this could have been done earlier, I mean the Storm weren't doing much in September. They could have done surveys and started changing membership packages then.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A Storm is gathering.........we just dont know how much it will cost :x
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

The membership packages have been listed at:

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/registra ... OrgID=1953

This is from the link on the Storm homepage
Tropical Cyclone