2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

^^^^. This
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:Looks like the after-party is different?

This is something we have always bought, and it's been a great way to catch up with fellow supporters. Slight disappointment in that for me, but at first glance looks like not a bad setup
Access to 3 post match functions (entry fees apply)

Jesus wept. It used to be free and they encouraged as many people as possible to go.
That's where a whole bunch of us "old timers" met and made long lasting friendships.
Even if you paid me you wouldn't get me to one of those post game functions. That "cover" duo that we were subjected to endlessly during the 2009 premiership celbrations were utterly unberable!

Back on topic though; normally get mine from the parentals for my birthday. Not too far off so better get me skates on and send the paperwork up to them when it gets here.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:Even if you paid me you wouldn't get me to one of those post game functions. That "cover" duo that we were subjected to endlessly during the 2009 premiership celbrations were utterly unberable!
The "musical" acts have been woeful for ages now, to the point where I try to ignore them as much as possible.

In my opinion the last good band they had for the social club was Chump.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The renew button points to the login page instead of the renewal page - that's why there's an endless loop of being asked to login.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

waveydavey wrote:They don't make it easy, but here's how to renew your membership:

Login, then click on 2011 packages, pick the package you want, then click on buy now, click on the one you want to buy and click next, this then brings up your personal details (make sure you confirm your email address or keeps going back until you do!!), click on next and you get to the pick up or postage page, and then just keep clicking next to progress. Interestingly they have a comments box on the postage page, I guess this is where we're meant to put "stingy bastards"!!!!!!

Glad we've got a CEO who is technologically adept, because they haven't made it easy for the rest of us!!!
Thanks for that step by step process. Renewed as a Storm Spirit member in 2011.

I sure hope they have shitloads of staff on hand for game day to hand out all the membership packs, by slugging the extra cost onto members has just ensured that there will be a shitload that'll take the pickup option.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:Looks like the after-party is different?

This is something we have always bought, and it's been a great way to catch up with fellow supporters. Slight disappointment in that for me, but at first glance looks like not a bad setup
Access to 3 post match functions (entry fees apply)

Jesus wept. It used to be free and they encouraged as many people as possible to go.
That's where a whole bunch of us "old timers" met and made long lasting friendships.
Reading the membership stuff I thought they'd be doing 12 After Parties but restricting access to three per member but I just found this on the Storm's facebook page under the discussion about memberships now being available:
Melbourne Storm wrote:There are only three after parties in 2011, and your level of membership will determine the entry fee. League 2602 and Premiers Club members will get in free.
Looks like the club is finally nearing their apparently long awaited aim of killing the Social Club/After Party off for good!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's a shame.
The after party wasn't the end of the world for me, but it's one thing that has set the club apart and helped create the family atmosphere for supporters
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Strangely the 2011 Membership tab on the Melbourne Storm website makes absolutely no mention of anything to do with being a Storm member other than a code of conduct for members & supporters and terms & conditions.

I know there is that link when you first enter the Storm website and there is a link further down the page but you'd think that the 2011 Membership tab would actually have information pertaining to memberships.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't Be Silly - That would be just toooooooooooooooo LOGICAL :lol:

Storm Spirit for me & the rest of the Rat Pack ;D
Looks like we'll be reclaiming the equivalent spot we occupied for so long at OP Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:Strangely the 2011 Membership tab on the Melbourne Storm website makes absolutely no mention of anything to do with being a Storm member other than a code of conduct for members & supporters and terms & conditions.

I know there is that link when you first enter the Storm website and there is a link further down the page but you'd think that the 2011 Membership tab would actually have information pertaining to memberships.
Click on "2011 Membership" and it will go to the membership section. Hovering over the text will just show a drop down menu.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

I think there should also be a managment code of conduct, with honesty and integrity high up on the list!!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

waveydavey wrote:I think there should also be a managment code of conduct, with honesty and integrity high up on the list!!!
It exists - Code of Conduct
but it always seems to be at odds with the inherent 'bottom line' ethic :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Even if you paid me you wouldn't get me to one of those post game functions. That "cover" duo that we were subjected to endlessly during the 2009 premiership celbrations were utterly unberable!
The "musical" acts have been woeful for ages now, to the point where I try to ignore them as much as possible.

Oh, God! Don't remind me! Almost as cringe worthy as having James "Amazing" Sherry as MC!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
Surandy wrote:

Oh, God! Don't remind me! Almost as cringe worthy as having James "Amazing" Sherry as MC!
I agree with Surandy Chump were great. I thought James Sherry was ok as well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It took 3 or 4 months to get it right based on results of members' survey yet the packages look eerily similar to last year. Below are the main differences I have identified:

- League 2602: at $1,890 I don't think any of the "rank and file" members would have suggested that in their survey;
- Members Only Inner Sanctum has been resurrected (definitely would have been on members' surveys);
- Everyone having ability to attend After Party. Although no one would have suggested cutting number of after parties from 11 or 12 to 3;
- Member's cap as part of Storm Spirit and Purple Passion membership as opposed to having an opportunity to purchase the cap;
- New Storm annual magazine;
- Premiers Club Scarf and Champions Club Cooler Bag;
- Billy's Bubbas; and
- Storm sup-paw-ters.

I do not see any significant changes that would justify the administration taking 3 or 4 months to release the packages. Can anyone help me with that?

Also there does not appear to be anything on the website about what is included in Storm Savers except for mention of over 20,000 special deals worth over $1,000 and "Details on how to redeem your StormSavers offers, as well as full terms and conditions, are in your StormSavers guide book, which forms part of your 2011 Membership Pack."