2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I didn't have to sign for my parcel. In fact, it was left in my mailbox.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I didn't have to sign for my parcel. In fact, it was left in my mailbox.

I had to sign for mine.

It was sent registered mail and had a trace number on it.

That was why we had to pay $14.00 or so for postage.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ah. I paid for express postage. That would be why.
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Got my membership in the post yesterday, officially pumped up for Round 1 now :)
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Latest numbers coming along nicely. I know it's the first game tomorrow but i still think we're on track to get near last years numbers. I'm sure when that last count was done there still would've been unprocessed memberships and we'll still pick up more numbers in the coming weeks i reckon.

MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

still some long queues at this evening's collection. hopefully 2012 will be better. anyways Go Storm smash dem eagles
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

MENACING*STORM wrote:still some long queues at this evening's collection. hopefully 2012 will be better. anyways Go Storm smash dem eagles
I guess it depends what time you got there. I rocked up at 3:30pm, had trouble finding a parking spot thanks to Moomba. When I got there I had one person in front of me waiting to be served.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:had trouble finding a parking spot thanks to Moomba
I completely forgot about Moomba. I park at Federation Square and it was packed at about 5:15. Luckily there were a few spaces left near the bottom.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I was late in renewing my family membership - called on Wednesday as I couldn't renew the family online.
Was told I could pick up tickets at the tent on game day which was no problem for me as long as I could get into the game and my memberships had actually been renewed so I turned up fairly early to meet friends & get a seat etc.
Only a few people at the tent renewing at that time so no wait BUT they didn't have my tickets at all! ::)
The girl went through the stacks of envelopes and could not find anything in my name (note that there wasn't even a LIST of names for her to consult ie. people who'd only renewed that week, just stacks of envelopes).
In the end she said "I'll just give you tickets from this pile of spares" - DID NOT ask for any ID at any time. ANYONE could have rocked up and got free tickets. :?
Oh well, I got in and am renewed (I think)........
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Queues were 15-20 deep when I rocked up an hour before the game.
Have to say the staff did well in that last hour and they did a brisk but steady job of handing out the packages.
All in all, I have queued up for 90 mins in total (1 hour at the Family day (pack not ready) and 30 mins on kick off night).
Next year I won't be so much of a tight ahse and pay for delivery instead :sad3: ...maybe
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Hopefully some more fans signed up as members at the game on Saturday night.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MENACING*STORM wrote:Queues were 15-20 deep when I rocked up an hour before the game.
Have to say the staff did well in that last hour and they did a brisk but steady job of handing out the packages.
All in all, I have queued up for 90 mins in total (1 hour at the Family day (pack not ready) and 30 mins on kick off night).
Next year I won't be so much of a tight ahse and pay for delivery instead :sad3: ...maybe

$14.00 is definitely better than standing in queues for 90mins IMHO.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I hate standing in queues and as you never know what is the best time to avoid them,I opted to pay for postage and I would do it again every time,if you dont want to pay the postage then dont complain about standing in queues.One guy told me how he had waited an hour and a half at the Storm family day cause of the que and missed out on seeing the players and other things,hardly a family day when you spend half of it queing for the sake of a few dollars!
Sorry I know that some people didnt pay the postage because they dont believe they should and I probably go along with that,but you can't beat the system,so in the end you have to go along with it or que up .
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

An increase of 613 on last week and i reckon we can overtake Manly, Raiders, Tigers and Warriors in the coming week.

Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm interested to know where the 10,360 Storm 2010 membership figure came from?
I didn't realise we broke 10,000 members last year - or at the last minute did they
add in all the pet members or something to make them appear better. I'm sure it
was 9,500 odd if anyone can be bothered doing any research... not that it matters,
just what I've been thinking every time i have read a Storm article this year that
mentions the 10,360 (or sometimes more) figure.