2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The second one is form Herb Brooks. He is a American Ice Hockey coach, who in the 1980 winter Olympics took the USA to the gold medal by beating Russia for the first time. The words are from his pre game speech. The words have been changed a little bit, because he was talking about ice hockey.

Disney made a movie about it some years ago, staring Kurt Russell called Miracle.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The ads are absolutely awesome!! They make me so proud to be a Storm supporter. They also depict the game as tough. athletic and skillful, and the team as tough, proud and determined!!
They'll get many fans joining as members for the first time, and they'll definately get any supporters considering a shift to the Rebels thinking twice. Hopefully they'll pick up some newbies too
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wow its so much better watching it as rocky then the ad
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freeze wrote:I renewed by phone on the first Monday (The renew option on web site didn't work).

When my CC payment hadn't been processed by Friday I contacted the office and was advised they were just completing their data entry training and would process my membership Monday/Tuesday.

Yesterday when I received the SMS and still no CC payment I rang the office again and was informed that, as I was paying for the delivery of my membership, there is a delay in processing as they had to sort out the mail payment processing and they should have it done my Monday/Tuesday (deja vu anyone).

Fingers crossed it will be done by Wednesday .

I ask about the early bird prize and was informed all renewals are marked with the date received so I would be in the draw.
My payment went through today so hopefully yours did, too.
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not yet - Not impressed considering I rejoined at around 10:00 on the first Monday.

Oh well better luck tomorrow :( :(
onlooker
Squall
Squall

I'm sure they have a large work load atm.

And it's probably not first in first served.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hey Freeze
They,(well their outsource company),was happy to take my money immediately the day after you did yours.And I got confirmation Emails from both the outsource company & Storm.Maybe you need to jog their memory :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not sure I should ring them again - Maybe my form goes to the bottom of the pile each time I ring ?? :-D :-D

I think I'll wait a couple of days
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I must be in the same pile as you Freeze!

My payment has not been processed either. I elected the 'pick up' option so the reason you were given about postage does not apply to me. As long as my membership card is ready and waiting for me on March 4th when I pick it up at the Family Afternoon - I don't care when the payment is processed!!

Unlike you I am too lazy to follow up......I'll give them another week or two or three to get their act together.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hey Freeze,

Mine has not gone through either... I am pick up family day also, monthly payments.

Maybe all the post out ones have to be done first to ensure postage is done on time... well you can hope.

Anyway its the same every year... one reason or another for very very late membership processing..
only one year was it done early that I can remember. (Insert Tigger)

But in the end we will have our seats and get our packs... at some stage...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront,

Mine is a postal one so there goes that theory :)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think i read somewhere that if you do the part-payment thing the first payment will be deducted on March 5 and then the 5th of each subsequent month
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Melbourne higher then Penrith by 1.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

That's pretty good for only being on sale for three weeks.

edit: We have almost double the amount of members now than we did at the same time last year.

luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like the NRL's campaign to sign more people up as members not just supporters has started kicking in :-D
Highly doubtful we'll get the same numbers as last year with many taking advantage of the family ticket bugger-up (cheaper buying 2 adults & 1 kid family ticket than 2 adults) and others buying 1 to help out the club, some i dont see re-signing for 2011