2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone else see the NRLs Next Gen membership as a numberfluffer to get a better TV
deal so we look more competitive against the AFL?
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I say spend the $82 and sign up as a non-ticked member.

It is a pity they don't have a non-ticked membership without all the 'little extras'. If it ws $50 with no cap etc I think it would be appealing to some.

I have found having a membership 'encourages' me to go to games when the weather is a bit crap :)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Michael :P wrote:Best looking profile pics yet btw, shirts look really smart.
They look less like awkward school photos this year. I want one of those polos, too. Classy.

Jaiman Lowe looks like the British Bulldog. I can't unsee it now.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Absentee i cant unsee Martina.....lol
Its like RVD with his perpetually sweaty ass
Once you see it,you always see it
Or like that single frame at the end of Fight Club.....i hate seeing that
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed about the shirts i think they look great and i'll be getting one for sure. I got the media polo last year but i'll be fooked if im wearing it again advertisng the sponsors that walked out on us. Yes, i'm petty.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

We're at 2,806 members so far. I'd say that's a pretty good effort for only two weeks.

I renewed over the phone on Monday morning but the payment hasn't come out of my bank account yet. I wonder what's happening there.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If the "You have two days to renew your membership" texts are any indication,then I'd say they're still dis-organised ::)
I renewed my membership online the day after they came out,so I'm guessing the text was just a blanket thing to all 2010 members ?
Anyone seen any ads directed at the 'General Public' :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:Anyone seen any ads directed at the 'General Public' :?
I haven't seen anything yet. I have, however, seen several TV commercials encouraging me to join the Rebelution.

::)

The text messages are just for early bird sign-ups. There's still another week for renewing members wanting to keep their seat. If I haven't seen the payment go through by maybe Thursday I'll have to give them another call to check up on it.
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I renewed by phone on the first Monday (The renew option on web site didn't work).

When my CC payment hadn't been processed by Friday I contacted the office and was advised they were just completing their data entry training and would process my membership Monday/Tuesday.

Yesterday when I received the SMS and still no CC payment I rang the office again and was informed that, as I was paying for the delivery of my membership, there is a delay in processing as they had to sort out the mail payment processing and they should have it done my Monday/Tuesday (deja vu anyone).

Fingers crossed it will be done by Wednesday .

I ask about the early bird prize and was informed all renewals are marked with the date received so I would be in the draw.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:
Bourbon Rat wrote:Anyone seen any ads directed at the 'General Public' :?
I haven't seen anything yet. I have, however, seen several TV commercials encouraging me to join the Rebelution.

::)
I'm guessing they'll launch an advertising campaign after the cutoff date for renewing 2010 members to secure their seating. It'd be hard to sell a seat to someone when you don't know if it's available or not. Also, with all sponsers now on board i'm sure advertising and merchandise will be closely following.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

From the article on the storm website just put up regarding Crown sponsorship

To launch the partnership, Crown’s logo will be recognised in Melbourne Storm’s new advertising campaign, set to launch this Sunday 6 February 2011.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The TV commercials (there's a video up on the site showing three of them) give me goosebumps.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I friggin love those 3 ads. So simple but so effective with the message they're sending at the same time, no doubt opinions will be divided but i think they're brilliant.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote:I friggin love those 3 ads. So simple but so effective with the message they're sending at the same time, no doubt opinions will be divided but i think they're brilliant.
The footage is great, but wtf is with the sound byte?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They're my favorite part. The 3 bytes are taken from speeches of famous people of the past, it's obviously in relation to what happened last year and i reckon they're very fitting in the message they're getting across. The first one is from Churchill, not quite sure of the second and the third one is derived from the great man himself below :boxing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tXhJniSEc