SG Ball 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ouch!!!

Absolute drubbing at Goschs Paddock this afternoon.

Storm 12 vs Knights 50
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Crazy! How can we become so poor in one season. I thought with the likes of Herschel Gideon, Cam Hansen and Richard Kenner in their third year of SG ball we were going to have a good one. Not good for getting some future Vics in the NRL side any time soon.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bad recruitment policy imo.

We have the backs and forwards but we dont have the 1,6,7,9 to steer them around, we need to keep importing them for a few years yet.

Desaxe and Gideon do okay but the #1 and #6 arent up to standard.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:Bad recruitment policy imo.

We have the backs and forwards but we dont have the 1,6,7,9 to steer them around, we need to keep importing them for a few years yet.

so you are saying that the quality of VIC juniors is high, just not in the key positions that you pointed out?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne & Bears wrote:
Michael :P wrote:Bad recruitment policy imo.

so you are saying that the quality of VIC juniors is high, just not in the key positions that you pointed out?

Basically I think this is the case.

There were some promising young playmakers in the Vic U-15 last year so theyre not too far away.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Ok, I hope you are right.

storm2011
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If anyone actually watches these games. They would see that it's not the 1,6,7 or 9. They have been the loudest and best every game. It is the people outside them not responding to instruction & coming up with stupid penalties & mistakes.. Millgate was or came close to man of the match in rounds 2 & 3 Desaxe i thought was man of the match vs roosters & Gideon was probably man of the match against Knights.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Some interesting developments. Be interesting to see who is correct and not.

Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm2011 wrote:If anyone actually watches these games. They would see that it's not the 1,6,7 or 9. They have been the loudest and best every game. It is the people outside them not responding to instruction & coming up with stupid penalties & mistakes.. Millgate was or came close to man of the match in rounds 2 & 3 Desaxe i thought was man of the match vs roosters & Gideon was probably man of the match against Knights.
Desxae and Gideon are fine the others are not the required standard, we had the same situation last year.

BTW its not a shot at them, Im sure theyre doing their best.

However the question needs to be asked do you play two lesser talents in important positions and have the rest of the team suffer in the name of local development

or

Do you bring in better players from inter-state in those key positions to help the rest of the team do their job.
storm2011
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

That's because they haven't been moved around.
The full strength team i believe is, Gideon at 9, Millgate 6, De Saxe 7 & Apiti Civic at 1. those 4 are being let down by people around them. it's not them who are dropping the ball & giving away penalties. I think the blame right now is on the wrong people. This is one of those cases where the key positions aren't given enough chance due to lack of ball control.

Like i said before Patterson Robati was Man of the match rd 1,
Millgate rd 2 & 3
Desaxe rd 4
Gideon rd 5
storm2011
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

oh and i doubt millgate would get dropped, he's the captain.
Melbourne_belle
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

From what I've heard the forwards are the ones that need sorting out. I haven't actually watched them play but my brother is friends with some of the kids in the team and apparently the forwards are "dropping nut"
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm2011 wrote:That's because they haven't been moved around.
The full strength team i believe is, Gideon at 9, Millgate 6, De Saxe 7 & Apiti Civic at 1. those 4 are being let down by people around them. it's not them who are dropping the ball & giving away penalties. I think the blame right now is on the wrong people. This is one of those cases where the key positions aren't given enough chance due to lack of ball control.

Like i said before Patterson Robati was Man of the match rd 1,
Millgate rd 2 & 3
Desaxe rd 4
Gideon rd 5
IM sure there is plenty of truth in what you say (Ive only seen 2 games) but I stand by the fact 2 of the 4 out there arent up to the standard required in Sg ball. And a class spine would make the rest of the team so much more confident.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

VS Western Sydney Academy of Sport 1.30pm Sat, Mar 26, CEC Blinkhorne.
1. Evan Apiti-Civcic
2. Dane Chang
3. D.J Solomona
4. Richard Kennar
5. Tremaine Jensen
6. Adam Millgate
7. James Desaxe
8. Steve Liki
9. Herschel Gideon
10. Jesse Parete
11. Pride Petterson-Robati
12. Solomon Faalogo
13. Henry Sang-Yum

14. Tala Titi
15. Ray Ertl
16. Fenika Amataga
17. Wayne Kennedy
18. Phil Salue
19. Cameron Hansen
20. Aleki Falepaini
21. Eddie Maka
22. Redeem Saleupolu
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Melbourne Storm won against the Western Sydney Academy of Sport 44-26
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2