Storm training at 1000 steps

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I watched the Storm players train at the 1000 steps today. Hinchcliffe won the first trip up. Woolnough started the run slowly at the back of the pack, while everyone else spirted off and I thought that is a forward for you, but it must have been a slow and steady plan, as he finished fifth. The players had to do the run up twice and alot of them do not want to do it a second time espically Kite. I do not see Craig there at the start, but he was there at the end and gave a little talk. I do not know if he was there the whole time watching or arrived later. There was a couple of ice packs on the joints after the run.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

>:D Bellamy was proberly there right from the start just watching from some spot the boys couldnt see just so he could watch to see who complained ect ect
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hehe, GO HINCHY!!!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dam it just near me... wish I knew .... argggg...
Its a killer... :-D
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hinchcliffe has really impressed me. Nothing flash but works his but off and very reliable. These are the sort of players that the club is built around.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree. If I was a person watching these players not knowing who they were, I would have thought he was the captain. They way he was moving around the players talking all the time and his body language just said leadership. But I know he is not the captain and in the past he has spent most of the time on the bench. I think he could be god for us as a leader this year. He looked like he had also put on a bit of bulk in his shoulders/chest.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i hope hinchy gets the lock spot this year! his skill and work rate will really help us out this year! im sure craig would be watching from somewhere, this is where he would find out who has the heart and dedication to make it in 2011
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Worrying sign if certain players including Sione Kite protested that they didn't want to do the 1000 steps a 2nd time.

I know that this is not "war" (and i would never trivialise the horror of war by comparing it to a sport) however these players should be prepared to run through a brick wall to improve themselves and make themsleves the best possible League players they can be to win a PREMIERSHIP.

Being mutinous at pre season training is not a great start to 2011.

I truely hope Kidwell, Walters and Bellyache sure as hell show them who's boss and "weed" out those that aren't committed to the cause. :x
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You go what I said wrong. Kite did not protest at at all, no one did. He was just very slow to start the second run up the steps. They players all took off, (all slower than the first time they did it), and he just waited a liitle while before starting. He was walking and looking around, stopping and have a stretch and then he started running up the steps.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:You go what I said wrong. Kite did not protest at at all, no one did. He was just very slow to start the second run up the steps. They players all took off, (all slower than the first time they did it), and he just waited a liitle while before starting. He was walking and looking around, stopping and have a stretch and then he started running up the steps.

glennb...Ok...I obviously misunderstood what you wrote.

I apologise for teeing off against the players work ethic.

The way I read what you wrote was that specific players did not want to do the 2nd run up the 1000 steps.

my bad.

great news to hear that all the players were committed to completing this gruelling task.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bula wrote:Hinchcliffe has really impressed me. Nothing flash but works his but off and very reliable. These are the sort of players that the club is built around.
Yeah good article in HS today about Hinchy. States that he is to be rewarded for his performance this year with a new contract. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WE NEED THOSE WHO WANT TO BE AT THE CLUB AND PUT IN THE HARD YARDS
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:I agree. If I was a person watching these players not knowing who they were, I would have thought he was the captain. They way he was moving around the players talking all the time and his body language just said leadership. But I know he is not the captain and in the past he has spent most of the time on the bench. I think he could be god for us as a leader this year. He looked like he had also put on a bit of bulk in his shoulders/chest.
Spot on about his body language/leadership skills....watch out Cam ;D
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It seems this club has always had this fortunate culture ?
The Young Guns of yesterday step up to become the leadership group of the present & the future mentors of the up an coming Young Guns.

Good One Hinchy ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields