Brian Waldron

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Go Storm wrote: I don't understand why they'd do it though. Why cheat the cap and keep a paper trail?
That's easy. If you don't keep records of your misdeeds then it's hard to remember where all the bodies are buried. In other words, if you don't keep a record of all your lies, it's easy to trip yourself up.

It's common procedure. Leaving copies where they can be handed to the auditors though is not. :oops:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

JAMIE wrote:The club being run at a loss is basically the responsibility of News Ltd. They have the Melbourne Storm brand that is one of the most recognised Australia wide, yet they fail to profit from this.
It's not quite that simplistic. The club wasn't actually losing money, they were spending their entire income plus 6 million or so that News Ltd granted every year.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The club made a profit in 2009. It was reported in an article somewhere but got buried amongst that whole April 22 business.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

TC wrote:
JAMIE wrote:The club being run at a loss is basically the responsibility of News Ltd. They have the Melbourne Storm brand that is one of the most recognised Australia wide, yet they fail to profit from this.
It's not quite that simplistic. The club wasn't actually losing money, they were spending their entire income plus 6 million or so that News Ltd granted every year.
The thing is we have very few members. I think this year was our highest with about 10000, many of whom were merely sympathizers due to what happened in April. And this is after 4 consecutive GF's.
It would cost a lot of money to market Storm in AFL heartland, and with little income strea it would be easy to see how money must be 'borrowed' and spent.
Personnally I reckon we should be given cap concessions for relocating people Ina foreign city/state/country. But the NRL won't buy it it so enough of that.
It would cost far less to operate and market St George, in Sydneys heartland and a long history and supporter base, than it would be Melbourne, where 95 out of every 100 sports fans follows the AFL. And everyone at school is kicking a sherrin around. How many cross bars do you see in school playing fields?
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Membership has never been a big contributing factor in regards to the NRL. The dollars that are being spent could be better utilised and invested smarter. To that I have no doubt, and if someone bought the club this would happen. As I've stated before the money the club spends is a drop in the ocean for News Ltd and as such no scrutiny has ever been placed on how they spend the money. It's easy for them to say the club loses 6 million every year, but what they should be saying is THEY are losing that money.

In regards to the game growing, that again is a shortcoming of News Ltd and their NRL. Look at the lengths the AFL have gone to to grown their game, where as News Ltd are happy to sit back whilst players like Hunt and Folau defect.

Something needs to be done, and if this commission is the answer I only hope it's the QRL, not News Ltd who are the one's overseeing it all.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

JAMIE wrote:Can I ask you all something?
You say you'd verbally attack him if you saw him? Would you attack Hartigan, Baxter and Marcourt?
Most definitely not.

Why?

Because they are nobodies, I forget what they look like so I wouldn't recognise them in the street, at a game, etc. Naturally my answer would be different if I did recognise them. ;)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:He is still alive a kicking. He was at the Melbourne Tigers basketball game tonight having a great time.
I predict that Waldron will spill his guts and point the finger at all and sundry involved some time between Christmas and the full time whistle of the 4 Nations final.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; his ego is too inflated to just keep his mouth shut. He'll cut a deal with a network and spill the beans.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Mate, I don't give a *lima lima lima duck* if he was one of a group. The fact is he was the CEO - the man responsible. His choices, his decisions. Very few people are truly in a position to walk away if they don't like the corporate line, but he was one.
Agree.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Is there any news about this chap?
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe he's sking in aspen before cruising around the carribean....I have no idea where he got the money from ::)
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So he was at a basketball match.being as he is still free ( wrong but true) to get on with his life,then it stands to reason that he will be seen from time to time,and the betting is that if someone did go off at the deep and at him and he copped one in the gob ,well he would more than likely come out smelling of roses ,as it is against the law to abuse or attack someone!!!The shit part about it all is,life goes on for Waldron,and it has to for us too.