4 Nations - Cooper Cronk

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No matter what they have done and how you feel about them you have to understand that without them we wouldn't exist! And infact with a independant commision we would need extra help from the other clubs to survive (they would have to sign an agreement to put the equvilant of what News put into us for the next 5 years) So if you want them to leave the game then you should look for a new club to support. in syaing that I hate them to! but I know that sometimes you need to keep your firends close and your enemies closer.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Regardless of which bunch of stooges shuffles the paperwork.
I've followed this club from the start & will continue to follow it,because of attitudes like this.

source - NRL.com
However, Smith’s Melbourne and Australian team-mate Cooper Cronk is adamant that no amount of success in the upcoming tournament will make amends for 2010.

“I don’t know if it makes it any better,” he said. “What happened to us this year honestly sucked and not playing in September for the first time in a lot of our careers was a sore point.

But the thing is you can either jump up and down about it or you can carry on with the job you’ve got to do.

If there was one positive to come from Melbourne’s fall this season, Cronk said, it was the opportunity to play out the year purely for the love of the game.

While they didn’t feature in the finals, Melbourne produced some dazzling performances in 2010 with Cronk rewarded for his efforts by being called in to replace the injured Johnathan Thurston as Australia’s first-choice halfback.

The reason you play football is to win competitions and to have that taken away from you is hard, but what you discover is the reason why you played football as a kid and played with all your mates in the paddock – the pure enjoyment of the game,” he said.

“The powers that be made a decision but at the end of the day we still won as many games this year as we did in a premiership season last year.

What happened to us as a footy club this year wasn’t going to hinder how each of us performed on the footy field."
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's a great article. I'm proud of the way the boys played last year and trust me this will make us stronger...no other club,supporters or players have been through what we have been through...we will fire up nxt season guys..and not many teams will know what hit them
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and that whole article is coops talking about how he billy and cam want to play like they did this year next year and do it TOGETHER so that finally tels me COOPER ISNT GOING ANYWHERE
wooooooooohooooooooooooooo :-D
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

scriptyx wrote:No matter what they have done and how you feel about them you have to understand that without them we wouldn't exist! And infact with a independant commision we would need extra help from the other clubs to survive (they would have to sign an agreement to put the equvilant of what News put into us for the next 5 years) So if you want them to leave the game then you should look for a new club to support. in syaing that I hate them to! but I know that sometimes you need to keep your firends close and your enemies closer.
G'day scriptyx

Have you ever questioned just why our club runs at such a loss every year? Have you ever considered that the main reason for this happening is because of the organisation running it? As "Diehard Storm" said in another topic - The millions it loses from us each year is like a drop in the ocean for News Ltd. They don't care, because our club more than makes up for this in regards to the next TV right deal.
Get an independent owner, someone like Gerry, who actually loves the club and I'm sure the figures would be vastly different.