NRL BETTING SCANDAL

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
leaguekid
Squall
Squall

Had a call tonight from a Family Member - Derryn Hinch announced on 3AW - that six players are involved with NRL Betting Scandal - some are State of Origin Players - Hinch did not name them.  Has anyone else heard anymore on this story
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Think Hinch might just be re-hashing a rumour file from Crikey.com that got the Bulldogs irate two days ago ?
THE Bulldogs will seek legal advice after a website posted an item alleging six of its players were involved in a match-fixing scandal.
The website also claimed two of the players faced the sack at the end of the season.
Police are currently investigating claims of irregular betting involving players and player managers, on a North Queensland-Bulldogs match last month.
An item in website Crikey.com's Tips and Rumours section claimed "six Bulldogs players and two managers are caught up in the NRL's betting scandal. Two players face the sack at the end of the season."
Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg was quick to dismiss the rumour last night and said he would consult the club's lawyers about having it removed.
"We'll provide that information to the club's lawyers and we'll seek their advice," Greenberg said.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I got word that 2 VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY high profile Cowboys players are involved. To some, if one name ever comes out they may not be surprised. The other, well, it may surprise some, others not. Apparently there will be all sorts of trouble post-GF...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
leaguekid
Squall
Squall

On my information all will be announced on Monday after the Grand Final - there are three more names I have been given one being a manager - you think Storm Salary Cap news was big - this is bigger
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like that text naming names has spread to pretty much everyone because those names mentioned are same ones i got in the message. Besides the 2 Cowboys i also heard there's another teammate of theirs as well as 2 ex players, one manages a nightclub in the Cross while the other has done time on several occasions and was also involved in match fixing back in the 90's so already has form there. They reckon the bloke who used to play with us is gooooonnne and will be sacked next week.

I'm only "naming" the people who are allegedly involved from the text that thousands have people have received also. There was also word going around some circles that a current Storm player is involved as well though i highly doubt that's true but that's just what i heard so don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited by Ice on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is sounding far bigger than I thought - but sadly I don't believe it will overshine our cap issue as the biggest story of the year.  Unfortunately, that is really the biggest story in Australian sport for quite some time!  :(
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
leaguekid
Squall
Squall

on the rumor file this morning - three clubs over three states - all will be announced on Monday after the Grand Final
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What bulldogs,cows and storm/canberra?
Bullshit,Cows and Dogs probably and away
lacks of effort may qualify storm,but theres
a difference between no interest and bet
cheating!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
leaguekid
Squall
Squall

to the eagle - Bulldogs/Cowboys/Storm -
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

leaguekid wrote: to the eagle - Bulldogs/Cowboys/Storm -
The only strange thing i seen the storm do all year was vs manly at brookie

Finch layed on Hopoate for what seemed like forever,peculiar maybe,match fixing?

NO!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

id take those names down

you could get sued for defimnatin
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: id take those names down

you could get sued for defimnatin
yes...defamation as well !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

No names, no pack drill.

We can't stop you PMing each other with names; however the risk of legal action against the bloke who owns and runs this site is too high to allow naming names or even scarcely veiled hints at who the players might be.

Please respect this otherwise the thread WILL be deleted and the infringing users suspended.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

You could however legitimately say:

Two of the names I have heard are very high profile NRL players, at least as high profile as Sean Long and Martin Gleeson were in the English SuperLeague at the time of their suspensions for illegally betting against their team St Helens.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Sorry - Did not think of the consequences this could have on others.