NRL BETTING SCANDAL

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Lets make League viable in Melbourne.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Crooner wrote: Looks like its a load of shit.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html
Yes we know GALLOP needs less than 24hrs to make decisions
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Regardless what people think of Gallop, he did say on the footy show that the NRL is conducting ZERO investigations into any player for any betting related scandal and that the emails and sms's going around are baseless.

I am inclined to believe this
estormboy
Squall
Squall

singlemalt wrote: Regardless what people think of Gallop, he did say on the footy show that the NRL is conducting ZERO investigations into any player for any betting related scandal and that the emails and sms's going around are baseless.

And no other club has/is/will rort the cap :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The only thing way can take as ABSOLUTE regarding Gallop is that no storm players or officials are involved.
Otherwise the punishments would have been instant & 'prejudice'  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

singlemalt wrote: Regardless what people think of Gallop, he did say on the footy show that the NRL is conducting ZERO investigations into any player for any betting related scandal and that the emails and sms's going around are baseless.

And i suppose the moon is made of cheese  :P
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gallop couldn't handle another big scandal.
Really, the Storm not playing for points just really opened the door for this sort of thing.
Probably happens anyway but we were either in the comp or out of it.

The biggest one for me, that I raised an eyebrow over, was the Storm v Manly game at Etihad. Didn't some bludger put $50k on the Manly Toyota comp side into their first grade side winning?
He collected $250k. Who in their right mind would of done that?
We were unstoppable at home, coming off a loss, Manly were struggling, our NYC side was doing ok IIRC, so wtf???

Then Cam misses an easy conversion, drops twice from dummy half and has the worst game of his life.
I'm not questioning our skipper here because he may have just had too much on his mind but anyway that's just me being suspicious.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
madstorm
Squall
Squall

I may be living under a rock here but how did one of our players get implicated in this.  Is it just another way to kick us while we are down.  Been googling and only found names, not how they were involved.  was it the one game that is under investigation or games we played too.  P.M me if needed but I just cant believe this can be true.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

madstorm wrote: I may be living under a rock here but how did one of our players get implicated in this.  Is it just another way to kick us while we are down.  Been googling and only found names, not how they were involved.  was it the one game that is under investigation or games we played too.  P.M me if needed but I just cant believe this can be true.
Give us a P.M
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Hi cowbell sent you a pm address to your email on your profile
madstorm
Squall
Squall

thunder
Squall
Squall

Good to know that Adam Blair is not involved.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thank F****N god for that

I wouldnt be surprized if Adam actully got the NZ guy to talk to Gallop to find out if he really was being investigated
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Heard Cam on SEN today, said he didn't know anything about the scandal.

It's hard to know who to believe.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well this clears the adam blair stuff up  :P

Edit

Match fixing probe 

A couple of issues with this post:
Firstly: if you're going to quote the content of an article, please credit it appropriately.
Secondly: please be very careful with content you actually post here - other people's libelous statements can still attract censure to the owner of this site.

Links are fine, but please be careful what you post.
Last edited by TC on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP