Kearney > Eels 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote: Had the Eels not faced Melbourne, which fielded a side way over the salary cap, Anderson would in all likelihood have guided the club to a premiership.
I like how they just assume these things.
You had me at meat tornado.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5931226413

Stephen Kearney waits on rubber stamp for Eels job
STEPHEN Kearney is set to be confirmed as Parramattta's new coach within a week after meeting the entire Eels board Tuesday night.
Sport Confidential can reveal Kearney travelled from Melbourne to front all seven Eels directors for over an hour at Parramatta Leagues Club. The in-person visit represents the final step in Parramattta's pursuit of Kearney, which began in earnest over a month ago when CEO Paul Osborne travelled to Victoria for a secret meeting with the Kiwi mentor. It's believed Parramatta officials are leaning toward offering Kearney a three-year deal, the same tenure his predecessor Daniel Anderson failed to complete after being sensationally sacked by the Eels on Sunday night. And should Kearney get the job, there will be little or no chance of Matt Orford resurrecting his NRL career in blue and gold. While Anderson encouraged talks with the 2008 Dally M medallist because he felt the Eels need an experienced half to be competitive, Kearney is understood to be looking elsewhere.

just another thing we have lost this year...i guess 2011 is just gonna be a brand new year
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5931226413

STEPHEN Kearney is set to be confirmed as Parramattta's new coach within a week after meeting the entire Eels board Tuesday night.
Sport Confidential can reveal Kearney travelled from Melbourne to front all seven Eels directors for over an hour at Parramatta Leagues Club. The in-person visit represents the final step in Parramattta's pursuit of Kearney, which began in earnest over a month ago when CEO Paul Osborne travelled to Victoria for a secret meeting with the Kiwi mentor. It's believed Parramatta officials are leaning toward offering Kearney a three-year deal, the same tenure his predecessor Daniel Anderson failed to complete after being sensationally sacked by the Eels on Sunday night. And should Kearney get the job, there will be little or no chance of Matt Orford resurrecting his NRL career in blue and gold. While Anderson encouraged talks with the 2008 Dally M medallist because he felt the Eels need an experienced half to be competitive, Kearney is understood to be looking elsewhere.

just another thing we have lost this year...i guess 2011 is just gonna be a brand new year
Secret meeting (lol) what secret meeting?  Not only was Osbourne after Kearney, he also had Cooper Cronk on his radar.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't complain about Mooks taking a head coaching opportunity.  As much as I am sure we'd all love him to stay, for coaches with ambitions of being a head coach, which Mooks certainly does... these opportunities don't come up all that often in sport.
I say well done Mooks and congratulations, and hopefully we get you back one day in the future (hopefully distant) when Bellyache calls it quits.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like the old Melbourne Storm life member curse??

Dallas Johnson???

Think Storm knew they were both leaving so get in early with the award.

Hope it doesn't signal somthing for Bellyache!!! :?
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And Brad Arthur could be going has his assistant, who will assist Craig then?????
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That would suck to lose Arthur as well, he seems to know what he's doing.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BigG wrote:

And Brad Arthur could be going has his assistant, who will assist Craig then?????
Slip a good word in for us ay G  8).
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kearney,if you dont make the semis,your out!
Anderson took them to the *lima lima lima duck* GF in his 1st
year,missed the semis this year,GOOOONE!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Why the hold up in announcing his signing? Why are they waiting for after the GF? cos there will be enough hell to play with the betting scandal
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote:
BigG wrote:

Slip a good word in for us ay G  8).
Have you got the legs to run about chasing them with a water bottle though???????????????? :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No  :icon_frown:
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

Good luck to Kearney i personally wish him all the best ,i have no doubt whatsoever he will coach MS in the future.

But at the moment the club is going to be ostracised for a long,long while to come.

IMO as long as we have CB this club will live on & when SK does eventually return the foundations of the MS will be well & established.

he not she  :fla_england: :fla_england:
Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Call me daft, naive or whatever ..... but if Kearney to the Eels was a forgone conclusion as it was made out to be in the media, then why is it taking so damn long to announce???

Is it that:

1. The Eels are waiting until after the grand final to announce Kearney as their new coach? 
2. Kearney met with the Eels board and is starting to have second thoughts about taking on the new role or vice versa?
3. The Eels are courting some other coach; or
4. Kearney's family do not want to move to Bleak City

If I may pass on some words to you Mooks, "Don't do it ... you deserve a better coaching job than this ..... anything less than finals footy at this club and you'll be lining up at Centrelink (well perhaps not  ;) ) but you get my drift.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

WAY overqualified to be Head coach for the knuckle draggers at Parra.
Well he does have his business degree - right  8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields