east tigers are set to link with melbourne as there feeder team nxt yr!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

does this mean all there players will join our feeder team.n wat is the feeder team by the way.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

general definitions of Feeder team

* In sports, a farm team, farm system, feeder team or nursery club, is generally a team or club whose role is to provide experience and training for young players, with an agreement that any successful players can move on to a higher level at a given point
In our case it has been a QLD or NSW Cup club that provides a place for prospective players to enter the Storm main stream.A place for players returning from injury to regain 'match fitness' & A place for surplus,(or out of form),FG players to maintain match fitness.

AFAIK ? ALL the players at a feeder club would be eligible to play for their NRL club.

AFL example - Williamstown in the VFL serves a 'feeder club' role for Collingwood.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

williamstown are now the VFL feeder for the Western Welfare....Collingwood has a stand alone VFL team.

the relationship finished 2 years ago and they jumped into bed with the western welfare

but the salient point of your post about the role of a feeder team is well made !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanks for the info  :oops: As you can see I'm not a follower of AFL,but live in the Williamstown area.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote: Thanks for the info  :oops: As you can see I'm not a follower of AFL,but live in the Williamstown area.
all good... ;D
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
samo
Squall
Squall

i would imagine it will be a looser affiliation then the one we held with brisbane norths for a long time as back then they were our only 2nd teir team, and now we have a full time storm nsw cup team and the 20's which serves that purpose.

But i can only see this as a positive with the Q cup being very strong and competitive in comparison to the nsw cup.

samo
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We are no longer going to have a standalone NSW cup side though is my understanding, so it would be very much along the lines of our previous affiliation with Norths I'd assume
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And our affiliation with Norths gave us players that have become household names & players that have earned a place in our short rich history.

Affiliated QLD Cup or Stand alone NSW Cup ?
The pros n cons will I think cancel each other out.
The Stand alone option appeared to give Storm a direct bridge from SG Ball & NYC to NRL 1st grade.but I'm guessing the Stand alone cost would have been a drain.
The Affiliate option will involve more travel,(and travel costs),which would be shared with an existing club.I also think the QLD comp is more expansive.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

hughzy wrote: does this mean all there players will join our feeder team.n wat is the feeder team by the way.
Old News Hughzy, keep up with posts will you!!!!! 
hughzy
Squall
Squall

BigG wrote:
hughzy wrote: does this mean all there players will join our feeder team.n wat is the feeder team by the way.
Old News Hughzy, keep up with posts will you!!!!! 
wat do u mean old news hughzy?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Think it means that a older thread already existed stating that Easts will be our feeder ?
But regardless of the 'thread title' your post asked two valid questions,which got answered.

I think ?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still really pissed off there won't be a NSW Cup side. Finally after all these years we have a development pathway for local juniors to go to the NRL and now it's all being taken off shore if you will.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
hughzy
Squall
Squall

were will all the nsw cup players go?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

how many times does it have to be written Hughzy

It is going back to what they use to do only two years ago

All the guys train together throughout the week then on a friday or saturday the players who are not in the NRL team will travel up to QLD to the QLD's team base and train and play with them then come back to melbourne and train again with the main team

they did this right up until this year when we had the nsw cup melbourne storm team

if your talking about the other NSW cup team members that we never really got to see then maybe they have been offered contracts in the QRL team too but who knows

in my opinion i think the melbourne storm nsw cup team was too expensive to run because the had to open olympic park ect
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: in my opinion i think the melbourne storm nsw cup team was too expensive to run because the had to open olympic park ect
Considering there was no catering and the likes how much did it really cost the club for the use of OP?

I found it strange that they used OP as I'm sure that I read that with the move to the Thunderdome that the NSW Cup side would play at Goschs Paddock.