2010 Highest season avg in clubs History.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

But our lowest away ave for 6 years. ;)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

14k away avg. Nothin wrong with that. lts better then the Panthers Homecrowd avg.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't understand why the Panthers didn't get more bums on seats this year.  They used to pull really good crowds a few years ago, but have struggled this year.

Our attendances have been really good this year considering the circumstances, but I think our membership dept. needs to do a fair bit  of work next year to bring back some of those supporters we lost this year.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CooperCronk wrote: I think our membership dept. needs to do a fair bit  of work next year to bring back some of those supporters we lost this year.
Like the people chucking kiddy tantrums at the members forum start of the year?? Dont need them.
Club will grow strong without the people who think they deserve everything under the Sun.

As for the lower away attendance - dont think many people wanted pay to see their team get beat by a team of champions who may or may not be getting a lil extra on the side.. Was a common fault i found chatting to other fans. Although others relished the idea of going to games & trying to get their teams over the line
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thats scary,best crowds happen with no chance,wonder what itll be next year
Swap brisbane stadiums,you might need suncorp air lifted down to get everyone in
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

simo wrote:In case anyone isnt aware.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/melbourne.html
Can we crack 200,000 fans through the turnstiles in 2011?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not sure if we'll crack 200k (hopefully) but i reckon there's a very good chance we'll set another record and get over 15k average this year. Considering we only play at home 4 times in the last 13 rounds >:( i think those games have the potential to be really good crowd pullers as 2 of them are against the Broncos and the other against St Merge. Especially the Broncos game given it'll be 6 weeks after our previous home game so we should pull a very good number. The other 2 games are against the Panfers and Goosters who aren't huge crowd pullers against us but seeing as we've so little footy at the back end of the year and will be starved of it i can see those numbers improving greatly.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes - but the average at AAMI park was not anything compared to the etihad average. Not worth celebrating but understandable.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Actually 2000 was the highestin history according to the link you provided. Its 19000 for that year
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

2010 had the highest season average in the clubs history.
2000 had the highest total with slightly less avg due to its extra game played that year.